Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Steph and DLo Work Out Together 

Post#1 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Best comment: "Twitter and Media experts says Curry and DLo doesn't fit. Can't wait when the Warriors lead the West and they'll say Steph got too much help again."
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Re: Steph and DLo Work Out Together 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:46 pm

‘Twitter and media experts’ is like saying ‘Brittany Spears, the blues rock guitarist expert’.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#3 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Not going to lead the west.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Steph working on some early Chemistry! 

Post#4 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Steph, Damien Lee, and DLo working out together. I love this. Getting that guard chemistry going early.

Damien Lee looks like a legit 6'5". I think he's going to play alot early on. Hopefully he can take advantage and carve out a niche.

I also hope he dumps the Karate Kid headband, lol

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,769

Post#5 » by floppymoose » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Funny picture. Russell looks like he has chicken legs in it.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#6 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 am

New splash bros, atleast for a majority of this season..when klay comes back it's the splash trio
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#7 » by cdubbz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:17 am

Cannot wait for Russells game to take the next step. Curry can't get doubled with Russell being a threat on the perimeter -- Russ will help Curry get open looks as well
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#8 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:25 am

I'm excited to see how these two work together next season! Even though we aren't the favorites to win it all anymore this team should be exciting to watch and I can't see them missing the playoffs. No team is going to want to face the dubs in the first round especially if Klay comes back strong near the end of the regular season.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:48 am

I get the impression that Russell looks up to Steph and is genuinely intrigued by what could become for him as a player in this environment.

I don't see his playing style being an issue at all. I feel like he's going to incorporate what he does well along with what makes us great. His skill level will allow him to be able to acclimate.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 am

I kind of hate the modern media ... take any positive thing and make it a game changer and take any negative thing and make it a game changer. The extreme nature of sports media is just f-ing tiresome.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#11 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:36 am

If the Warriors do well can you imagine how much of a 180 people will do to a narrative just to hate again?

Klay comes back and is still the same Klay, Draymond becomes a triple double machine now that KD is gone, D-Lo thrives in Kerr’s offense because he can handle the ball while Steph plays off-ball and the defense will have trouble.

Then the narrative will be, “Warriors need 4 All-Stars to win. Warriors need 3 All-Stars to win.”

It’s like every year in February, haters say Klay and Draymond are overrated because one can’t dribble and the other can’t score and is only good at passing because he plays with other all-stars..... and then in June those same people complain the Warriors are cheating because they have too many all-stars.

Huh? I thought Klay and Draymond are overrated... and then in June the Warriors are not fair because they have too many all-stars?
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#12 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 am

Mylie10 wrote:I get the impression that Russell looks up to Steph and is genuinely intrigued by what could become for him as a player in this environment.

I don't see his playing style being an issue at all. I feel like he's going to incorporate what he does well along with what makes us great. His skill level will allow him to be able to acclimate.

Yeah, not sure why people are tripping.

People love to think, “D-Lo is a point guard, Steph is a point guard. Hehe Marbury and Francis, won’t work” and call it a day.

But in reality they’re such a great fit.

D-Lo can handle the ball while Steph (and later Klay) play off-ball. In fact, Steph has never had another guard handle the ball who’s also great at scoring. When it was Iguodala or Draymond handling, the defense didn’t feel threatened and would dare them to shoot. With D-Lo, the defense will be so focused on Steph and Klay that D-Lo will have a field day being aggressive with initiating the offense. Then you have Draymond out there who can continue the offense as well, setting up shots inside for guys like Looney or WCS or moving the ball around to an open Splash Brother (or back to D-Lo if he’s open). D-Lo handling the ball takes so much pressure off of Steph, too, which could help him sustain more energy for huge scoring bursts to trigger huge runs.
#DubNation
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#13 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I get the impression that Russell looks up to Steph and is genuinely intrigued by what could become for him as a player in this environment.

Yeah, not sure why people are tripping.

People love to think, “D-Lo is a point guard, Steph is a point guard. Hehe Marbury and Francis, won’t work” and call it a day.

But in reality they’re such a great fit.

D-Lo can handle the ball while Steph (and later Klay) play off-ball. In fact, Steph has never had another guard handle the ball who’s also great at scoring. When it was Iguodala or Draymond handling, the defense didn’t feel threatened and would dare them to shoot. With D-Lo, the defense will be so focused on Steph and Klay that D-Lo will have a field day being aggressive with initiating the offense. Then you have Draymond out there who can continue the offense as well, setting up shots inside for guys like Looney or WCS or moving the ball around to an open Splash Brother (or back to D-Lo if he’s open). D-Lo handling the ball takes so much pressure off of Steph, too, which could help him sustain more energy for huge scoring bursts to trigger huge runs.

Agreed, i think there's a decent chance Russell's stats go through the roof this year. Draymond's assists may take a bit of a hit with another primary ball handler on the floor.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,769

Post#14 » by floppymoose » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 am

azwfan wrote:Agreed, i think there's a decent chance Russell's stats go through the roof this year. Draymond's assists may take a bit of a hit with another primary ball handler on the floor.

There is a whole KD's worth of production to spread around. Either Russell has a big year, or someone(s) else on the team does.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#15 » by michaelm » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:21 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:If the Warriors do well can you imagine how much of a 180 people will do to a narrative just to hate again?

Klay comes back and is still the same Klay, Draymond becomes a triple double machine now that KD is gone, D-Lo thrives in Kerr’s offense because he can handle the ball while Steph plays off-ball and the defense will have trouble.

Then the narrative will be, “Warriors need 4 All-Stars to win. Warriors need 3 All-Stars to win.”

It’s like every year in February, haters say Klay and Draymond are overrated because one can’t dribble and the other can’t score and is only good at passing because he plays with other all-stars..... and then in June those same people complain the Warriors are cheating because they have too many all-stars.

Huh? I thought Klay and Draymond are overrated... and then in June the Warriors are not fair because they have too many all-stars?

The general board is a miasma of self-contradiction.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm

The word of the day is.......Miasma

mi·as·ma
/mīˈazmə,mēˈazmə/
Learn to pronounce
nounLITERARY
a highly unpleasant or unhealthy smell or vapor.
"a miasma of stale alcohol hung around him like marsh gas"
synonyms: stink, reek, stench, smell, odor, malodor; More
an oppressive or unpleasant atmosphere which surrounds or emanates from something.
"there was a miasma of despair over this place"
Khoee wrote “
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#17 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:44 pm

I am hoping that Draymond can keep his role in the offense.

I am hoping that DLo can shift his role depending on who he is with. I am fine with DLo being a bit ball dominant when he is with bench players. When DLo is with Curry, Draymond and Klay I want DLo to give the ball up quicker, move without the ball more and catch and shoot more.

Asking DLo to learn a 2nd style of play and seamlessly shift back and forth from his current style to the new style is asking a lot.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I am hoping that Draymond can keep his role in the offense.

I am hoping that DLo can shift his role depending on who he is with. I am fine with DLo being a bit ball dominant when he is with bench players. When DLo is with Curry, Draymond and Klay I want DLo to give the ball up quicker, move without the ball more and catch and shoot more.

Asking DLo to learn a 2nd style of play and seamlessly shift back and forth from his current style to the new style is asking a lot.

I go back to what David West and Shaun Livingston said ... everybody WANTS to play the way the Warriors play, it's just that they feel they have to play other ways to win or to make money. It's mentally easy to play in the Warriors offense. You have to be moving and paying attention. I'm sure it will take some time to get the communications and tendencies down, but I don't expect him to struggle in HOW to play. He may well struggle in adjusting to where he can demand the ball and where he shouldn't and he may move in the wrong way at times, but again, communications fixes that.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#19 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I am hoping that Draymond can keep his role in the offense.

this has made the rounds but I am not sure if you have seen it. Around the 4:00 mark he talks about DLO off the ball and how he is a pretty good catch and shoot guy from 3. Offensively I think they will be great and I hope they surprise everyone of defense.

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#20 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:59 am

Where D'lo will excel is taking over the role as the playmaker with the 2nd unit. The last 3 seasons the rotation always had Klay or KD coming off the floor with 4 minutes left in the 1st. Then to start the 2nd that guy would be the main offensive weapon until the other guy and then Steph came back to finish the half.

This year, I'd like to see D'lo come off in the 1st leaving Steph and Klay(eventually). Then D'lo would start the 2nd with Steph on the bench.

Klay is a little miscast in that role because he doesn't excel at getting others good shots and while he's good at finding his own shots the other team always knew to do everything possible to make him take tough shots.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Golden State Warriors