ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz rehab and progress

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: Markelle Fultz rehab and progress 

Post#501 » by spinedoc » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:24 pm

pepe1991 wrote:He was able to do all this , including high jumpnig dunks last summer. However, empty arena dunks are not real basketball.
Guards who can't shoot can't really drive at rim because defense will sag off to the point where there will be no driving lines to make it possible.
In general if you are not Ben Simmons, being guard who can't shoot brings low celing to your name.

9 months into injury and nobody recorded him taking single jumpshot.
Well, we are around 2 months away from training camps so that will probably be first official time when we see him actually play and shoot.

Dude, as long as he's that explosive he can drop kick it to the rim for all I care.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#502 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 pm

edited by Mod: uncalled for and unnecessary.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#503 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 pm

I'd take a Derek Rose pre ACL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#504 » by j-ragg » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm

basketballRob wrote:I'd take a Derek Rose pre ACL.

The guy who won mvp? Yeah I guess I’d settle on that too
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,121

Post#505 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Derrick Rose won MVP at age of 22 , while averaging 25ppg and 7,7 apg.
BUT he also shot 44,5% FG and 33% for 3 , along with 86%FTs

Not only that, he also shot 4,8 threes a game. Good enough for 55% TS.

But context of time matters.
During his regular season MVP season, league's average for 3 point attemps was 18 a game. Per team.
In 2018-19 league's average per team is 32 a game.
League's aveage in efficiency was 50,1% . Now is 52,4%.

league changed. Rose was "uber" athlete, but in year when he won MVP he was actually solid/ bit below league's average 3 point shooter but also type of shooter who shot A LOT of threes. Matter of fact he took almost 400 threes that season.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#506 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:52 pm

With so many young players getting ACL injuries, it might be a blessing that Fultz had a couple years off and develop his lower body.

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,202

Post#507 » by thelead » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:39 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Derrick Rose won MVP at age of 22 , while averaging 25ppg and 7,7 apg.

During his regular season MVP season, league's average for 3 point attemps was 18 a game. Per team.

league changed. Rose was "uber" athlete, but in year when he won MVP he was actually solid/ bit below league's average 3 point shooter but also type of shooter who shot A LOT of threes. Matter of fact he took almost 400 threes that season.

When Rose shoots 33% from three you say he was ‘solid’. When any of our young guys shoot 33% from three, the general consensus around here is that they’re bad shooters and won’t get better. This place is getting out of control.
thelead
RealGM

Post#508 » by thelead » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:edited by Mod: uncalled for and unnecessary.

I don’t think it was unnecessary. He was just calling someone out on their constant negativity against one player. If this is how this place is going to be modded, I can’t wait for mods to come to the defense of those that complain about Vuc....
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,121

Post#509 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:00 pm

thelead wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Derrick Rose won MVP at age of 22 , while averaging 25ppg and 7,7 apg.

When Rose shoots 33% from three you say he was ‘solid’. When any of our young guys shoot 33% from three, the general consensus around here is that they’re bad shooters and won’t get better. This place is getting out of control.

He shot 1,7% below league's average for that year. However, due ability to draw lot of fouls, his TS% was above league average and significantly above average for PGs

Matter of fact his PER was 3rd highest among all PGs.
His TS% was 13# among PGs .
By all accounts Derrick Rose during his MVP season, was indeed playing like MVP player.

This place is getting out of control because posters say things with:
a) complete lack of context
b) cherrypick garbage
c) say things they have nothing to back up
d) base most of their posts on wishful thinking, once proven wrong they act they never said it

When any of our young guys shoot 33% from three, the general consensus around here is that they’re bad shooters and won’t get better.

This type of crap is epidemy of everything wrong with this forum.

33% for 3 is below average. That's factual.
However 385 three point attemps,while being focal point of offense and averaging 26 ppg , while also being guarded by opponents best defender, and all that while being 6'2 at best ( i saw him in person so i know).
How da hell is that close to Isaac, Fultz , Gordon or Bamba?

Isaac never ever averaged 13 ppg in his career. Both college and NBA.
For 3 years of basketball worth tracking he is spot up shooter that really can't do anything else on offense well enough to be worth talking about. He is also most of the time guarded by nobody when he shoots.

Gordon is 6th year NBA player. Sixth. With true superstars this is part of their career where you question their ability to deliver championship. Gordon is yet to crack 18 ppg mark or even be focus of offense.

Fultz . What's there to talk about him? 33 games over 2 years. Guy missed 131 out of 164 games possible.

Bamba's rookie year was letdown where he was outplayed by Birch.

This type of crap is like saying Iwundu is better shooter than Kobe ever was because he has 37% for 3 season.

Instad of being outraged that somebody compared 21 years old Fultz, who never displayed anything but complete lack of ability to play in nba ( because of injury or not, is yet to be determined) with the youngest league's MVP in history of NBA , who did that while being SAME AGE AS FULTZ WILL BE THIS YEAR. You go at me and something that i actually said ( bold part) yet you ignored and acted i did not?

You are better than this.

oh btw this is not only for you but most of posters: STOP COMPARING SHOT PERCENTAGE OF BIGS WITH GUARDS.

Virtually nobody ever guards bigs, especially centers when they shoot 3s. Almost all 3s of guards are contested.
Al Horford, one of the best shooting bigs today took 203 threes this year , closest defender in 169 of them was 7 feet at least away from him.
IT means somebody was close-ish to him to contest in 34 out of 203 shots.

Dame Lillard took 643 threes. In 433 of them closest defender was closer than 6 feet away from him.

But look at percentages, it's clear that Horford is better shooter

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#510 » by Skin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Fultz gon come back strong!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
thelead
RealGM

Post#511 » by thelead » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:34 pm

Nuance is lost on the majority
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#512 » by ezzzp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:04 am

Read on Twitter
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#513 » by spinedoc » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:19 am

thelead wrote:

I don’t think it was unnecessary. He was just calling someone out on their constant negativity against one player. If this is how this place is going to be modded, I can’t wait for mods to come to the defense of those that complain about Vuc....

The first rule of fight club is to not talk about fight club. Let them make the call, we just run the cones that are laid out.
thelead
RealGM

Post#514 » by thelead » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:30 am

spinedoc wrote:
thelead wrote:

The first rule of fight club is to not talk about fight club. Let them make the call, we just run the cones that are laid out.

I see where you’re coming from but as long as it’s not disrespectful or illegal, I see no need for anyone to moderate things IMO. There’s nothing wrong with civilly pointing out continuous negativity.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#515 » by spinedoc » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:13 am

thelead wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
thelead wrote:I don’t think it was unnecessary. He was just calling someone out on their constant negativity against one player. If this is how this place is going to be modded, I can’t wait for mods to come to the defense of those that complain about Vuc....

I see where you’re coming from but as long as it’s not disrespectful or illegal, I see no need for anyone to moderate things IMO. There’s nothing wrong with civilly pointing out continuous negativity.

Civility is open to interpretation, let the mods try to define that. If you get admonished, then comeback with a different tact or words in your lexicon. Consider it a game, but complaining about it won't help or be productive. :wink:
thelead
RealGM

Post#516 » by thelead » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:26 am

spinedoc wrote:
thelead wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

Civility is open to interpretation, let the mods try to define that. If you get admonished, then comeback with a different tact or words in your lexicon. Consider it a game, but complaining about it won't help or be productive. :wink:

True. I’ve never called it out before but I saw the post and saw nothing ‘unnecessary’. I mean, the whole website is technically ‘unnecessary’, no? I’ll drop it but thanks for the banter :thumbsup:
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#517 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 am

thelead wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
thelead wrote:I see where you’re coming from but as long as it’s not disrespectful or illegal, I see no need for anyone to moderate things IMO. There’s nothing wrong with civilly pointing out continuous negativity.

True. I’ve never called it out before but I saw the post and saw nothing ‘unnecessary’. I mean, the whole website is technically ‘unnecessary’, no? I’ll drop it but thanks for the banter
Thanks TL, I was kinda,sorta messing around anyway. no biggie.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#518 » by drsd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:41 am

ezzzp wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Nothing has changed", said Gordon.

Well: Orlando has Fultz over Grant, and Aminu over Martin. What changed is the Magic bench is a LOT better.

MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#519 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 am

He should be more careful with the power of the words.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#520 » by NBlue » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I actually have no idea what AG is saying here. Or if he is saying anything at all.

Return to Orlando Magic