ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1561 » by navyblue » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:Raptors should be tampering the **** out of Beal, KAT and Booker

Masai was spotted at Canoe with Giannis's family this past Friday.
Don't know if that counts as tampering.

(issa joke)

Canoe?

canoe is a restaurant in toronto
bu the poster also said hes joking.
Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#1562 » by Jon_3232 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Yah Masai is in Africa so just a jk
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,020

Post#1563 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am

NUCKER101 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:we need this guy...believe he's a future all-star if he ever got on a team where he could get minutes

Would love it if Masai could somehow make that happen, I assume Portland is win-now mode and would only consider moving him if they can upgrade their rotation significantly.

you gotta hope Whiteside plays bad...they are weak at PF. We can ibaka for whitside and get simmons...maybe give them powell too
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#1564 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Anfernee Simons is probably the air apparent to one of McCollum or Lillard gets traded to net the Blazers that elite wing player in the 3/4 position.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Jermaine OBosh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Post#1565 » by Jermaine OBosh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:48 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Anfernee Simons is probably the air apparent to one of McCollum or Lillard gets traded to net the Blazers that elite wing player in the 3/4 position.

I agree they will be looking for 3/4 position in 2021 free agency. Lillard just got a contract extension, doubt they will trade Anfernee. I think they will be ok with trading McCollum depending on what they get back.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1566 » by Red_Claw » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:57 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:we need this guy...believe he's a future all-star if he ever got on a team where he could get minutes

Would love it if Masai could somehow make that happen, I assume Portland is win-now mode and would only consider moving him if they can upgrade their rotation significantly.

you gotta hope Whiteside plays bad...they are weak at PF. We can ibaka for whitside and get simmons...maybe give them powell too

I see lots of potential from Simmons as do most but based on Portland's depth chart and their contender window, i doubt they would want to get rid of a capable rotation player who's on a rookie contract for the next 3 seasons.

Lillard/Simmons
McCollum/Bazemore/Trent Jr.
Hood/Little
Collins/Skai/Tolliver
Whiteside/P.Gasol/Nurkic

Ya...they could definitely use an upgrade at PF and Collins is better suited as an energy center but i definitely don't see them trading away solid prospect/rotation player to upgrade that one position.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,020

Post#1567 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:

I see lots of potential from Simmons as do most but based on Portland's depth chart and their contender window, i doubt they would want to get rid of a capable rotation player who's on a rookie contract for the next 3 seasons.

Lillard/Simmons
Hood/Little
Collins/Skai/Tolliver
Whiteside/P.Gasol/Nurkic

Ya...they could definitely use an upgrade at PF and Collins is better suited as an energy center but i definitely don't see them trading away solid prospect/rotation player to upgrade that one position.

they have to win now and simons is never going to play as long as CJ and Dame are there...Plus, simons isn't even a rotation player..ne never really played last year.

I could def see portland doing something like Whiteside, simons and a future 1st for Ibaka and FVV

This is the type of trade that wins you championships. Get two proven Finals performers. FVV is an upgrade over Simons, ibaka is an upgrade over whiteside. They fill back up PG and starting PF

Dame/FVV
CJ/Bazemore/trent
hood/little/toliver
Ibaka/gAsol/skai
nurkic/collins
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#1568 » by PoundTown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:11 pm

sportsyard wrote:Toronto In - CJ McCollum
Portland In - Kevin Love + FVV
Cleveland In - Norm Powell + Kent Bazemore + Cam Payne + Port 1st + Toronto 1st

Lowry
McCollum
OG
Siakam
Gasol

Thats a big 4 right there. easily contends for the finals with the right ring chasers. McCollum could score 30 ppg in the east

I mean in theory I love it, but ussually when a team gives up the best player in the trade, that player is disgruntled or the team is no longer in win now mode. Portland giving up the best player, CJ, for an injury prone Love doesn't seem like a good idea to me, personally. That, and Lillard and him seem dead set on staying, not being the kind of guys to take the easy path to the ring, a la Lebron.
super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#1569 » by super_balls » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:

Lillard/Simmons
Hood/Little
Collins/Skai/Tolliver
Whiteside/P.Gasol/Nurkic

The thing I find interesting about Simons is that he can possibly take over McCollum's spot if they look to get younger. McCollum is a guy who I would target especially with the fact that he loves Toronto and is a perfect closer that we could look to at the end of games.

Maybe something like Ibaka+Fred+Future 1st? for McCollum and Skal

Lowry
McCollum
OG
Pascal
Gasol
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#1570 » by alan_156 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Cj just signed a 3 year extension with the blazers
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,526

Post#1571 » by mdenny » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey guys...I first mentioned this idea shortly after Kawhi left and I think it's been talked about in this thread somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Toronto gets Andrew Wiggins, a 1st and a 2nd
Minny gets Serge Ibaka, Norm powell

Wiggins is a gamble and Minny is desperate to get him off their books. Their motivation in the deal is immediate cap relief this summer. Toronto takes on Wiggins albatross deal for two reasons: The 1st rounder should be in the lottery and the second rounder should be high. We hope that Wiggins re-invents himself here.

I've been thinking more and more about this trade. I don't see any way forward for the raps after this season. We need to load up on draft picks. Noone's gonna sign with us. The ONLY major signings we've had in 26 years were Turko and Caroll....both of whom we had to significantly overpay and both mostly disastrous.

Cap space means nothing to us. Our only choice is to parlay it into taking unwanted contracts with accompanying draft picks. THAT is what cap space means for us and we're best off accepting this.

The other thing about this trade.....it actually fits our team like a glove. It would make all the previous off-season acquisitions make A LOT of sense (ie defensive -orientated 2s and 3s to compliment Wiggins offense)

I think this might also be a trade that Ujiri sits on. If Wiggins regresses further this season we might even be able to get two 1sts. And yes....it's an awful contract to take on. That's why Norm is included in the trade. We can justify it by saying Wiggins is actually only costing 23 milly per year because we're subtracting Norm's contract (which is also not very efficient)

Again...if Wiggins turns it around...this might actually give us a chance to compete for the east conference (assuming a couple other things work out ie injuries, a surprise or two from our signings)
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#1572 » by bootsythornton » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:50 am

Toronto In - Dennis Schroder + J Poetl + M. Bellineli
SA In - Kyle Lowry
OKC In - Trey Lyles + Patty Mills + SA 2nd

FVV - Schroder
Powell - Belinelli
OG - SJ
Siakam - RHJ
Gasol - Ibaka - Poetl
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,423

Post#1573 » by bballsparkin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:08 am

^^That's a bold idea. First off Kyle needs to approve. He's earned that. But I like the idea of Kyle reunited with DD under Pops and would like Poeltl back. One of Ibaka/Gasol would need to be moved next. Trading Ibaka and Lowry before the season starts seems unlikely. Perhaps mid-season.

Does SA do that though? Depends on how they value Jakob. Seems like a yes from OKC.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1574 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:30 am

bballsparkin wrote:^^That's a bold idea. First off Kyle needs to approve. He's earned that. But I like the idea of Kyle reunited with DD under Pops and would like Poeltl back. One of Ibaka/Gasol would need to be moved next. Trading Ibaka and Lowry before the season starts seems unlikely. Perhaps mid-season.

Does SA do that though? Depends on how they value Jakob. Seems like a yes from OKC.

So Mills, Belli, 23 year old Poetl for 34+ Lorwy. Ibaka at 30 is a much better two way player and Gasol is a better distributor and three point shooter defender. I think we would be giving up the pick to reacquire our lotto prospect who put up slightly worse numbers last year but better playoff numbers meaning this coming year he might be headed for a non 3 shooting 10 and 8 with more assists. Pops has his boards up and blocks down. Not sure If Pops is playing to his strengths though. I see the likeliness of this happening at near zero per cent but they traded Bertans and signed Demarre Carrol so anything is possible I guess.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,423

Post#1575 » by bballsparkin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:40 pm

^^Yeah it's unlikely. SA is not close enough to make it work likely and will want to keep Poeltl. Fun idea though. Mainly I want Jakob back lol.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant

Post#1576 » by Red_Claw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:49 pm

sportsyard wrote:Toronto In - Dennis Schroder + J Poetl + M. Bellineli
SA In - Kyle Lowry
OKC In - Trey Lyles + Patty Mills + SA 2nd

FVV - Schroder
Powell - Belinelli
OG - SJ
Siakam - RHJ
Gasol - Ibaka - Poetl

FVV as our starting PG!?...Maybe if were tanking
Schroder for 2 years??
3 starting centers?!
...and not sure why OKC would want Patty Mills for 2 years at ~13Mil each

This looks like a Spurs fan conjured this up cause they are the only winners in this trade.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1577 » by mdenny » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:56 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:

Lillard/Simmons
Hood/Little
Collins/Skai/Tolliver
Whiteside/P.Gasol/Nurkic

they have to win now and simons is never going to play as long as CJ and Dame are there...Plus, simons isn't even a rotation player..ne never really played last year.

I could def see portland doing something like Whiteside, simons and a future 1st for Ibaka and FVV

This is the type of trade that wins you championships. Get two proven Finals performers. FVV is an upgrade over Simons, ibaka is an upgrade over whiteside. They fill back up PG and starting PF

Dame/FVV
CJ/Bazemore/trent
hood/little/toliver
Ibaka/gAsol/skai
nurkic/collins

This is an intriguing idea. We kick the can down another year with whiteside's expiring. Get a good prospect in Simons. I think Portland does this without blinking but we should be looking for more than one 1st being that it will be a late one. Perhaps a 1st and two future 2nds.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1578 » by mdenny » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:

Lillard/Simmons
Hood/Little
Collins/Skai/Tolliver
Whiteside/P.Gasol/Nurkic

Dame/FVV
CJ/Bazemore/trent
hood/little/toliver
Ibaka/gAsol/skai
nurkic/collins

This is intriguing and i think Portland does it without blinking. i think we need more than a first being that it's guaranteed to be a late one. Perhaps a 1st and 2 future 2nds. Otherwise our only benefit is getting Whiteside's contract which expires at the right time. But that can be done by overpaying someone for a one year contract.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#1579 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 pm

mdenny wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

Lillard/Simmons
Hood/Little
Collins/Skai/Tolliver
Whiteside/P.Gasol/Nurkic

Dame/FVV
CJ/Bazemore/trent
hood/little/toliver
Ibaka/gAsol/skai
nurkic/collins

This is intriguing and i think Portland does it without blinking. i think we need more than a first being that it's guaranteed to be a late one. Perhaps a 1st and 2 future 2nds. Otherwise our only benefit is getting Whiteside's contract which expires at the right time. But that can be done by overpaying someone for a one year contract.

Lol Portland is not trading him.
A young future replacement guard on a rookie deal is exactly the type of player you want to keep when your starting guards are making that sort of money
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant

Post#1580 » by Red_Claw » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:34 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
mdenny wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:

Dame/FVV
CJ/Bazemore/trent
hood/little/toliver
Ibaka/gAsol/skai
nurkic/collins

Lol Portland is not trading him.
A young future replacement guard on a rookie deal is exactly the type of player you want to keep when your starting guards are making that sort of money

Exactly. No way we win a championship without Pascal, our #2 being on a rookie contract.

Championship teams draft well so they can put the money in the top dogs and expand their rotation with small contracts and potentially big talent.

If Portland is smart, they'll do the same.

Return to Toronto Raptors