ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz rehab and progress

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Markelle Fultz rehab and progress 

Post#521 » by j-ragg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 pm

I think AG knows as much about Fultz’s progress as we do lol
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#522 » by T-Cat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod:
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#523 » by Orange Ave. » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

As has been stated in this thread before, his ability to dunk has never been hampered, ever. So this clip is irrelevant if we're only looking at it as a fierce dunk.

The positive I glean from this is.... if he is ALLOWED to do this by the medical staff, his TOS must be in good shape. Otherwise I would assume the Magic would shut down this kind of exersion.

Again, TOS doesn't inhibit his ability to dunk, but a recovery regiment imposed by a team who has invested millions would, I presume, prohibit this type of activity. I'll choose to see the positive
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#524 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:06 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

As has been stated in this thread before, his ability to dunk has never been hampered, ever. So this clip is irrelevant if we're only looking at it as a fierce dunk.

The positive I glean from this is.... if he is ALLOWED to do this by the medical staff, his TOS must be in good shape. Otherwise I would assume the Magic would shut down this kind of exersion.

Again, TOS doesn't inhibit his ability to dunk, but a recovery regiment imposed by a team who has invested millions would, I presume, prohibit this type of activity. I'll choose to see the positive

I will too! He's back and healthy and management is just being extra cautious they don't let out their excitement too early and have it come back to bite them in the rear! :D
Do not max Vuc!
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#525 » by ezzzp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:05 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:if he is ALLOWED to do this by the medical staff, his TOS must be in good shape. Otherwise I would assume the Magic would shut down this kind of exersion.

Again, TOS doesn't inhibit his ability to dunk, but a recovery regiment imposed by a team who has invested millions would, I presume, prohibit this type of activity.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Fultz...have to stay grounded and not overreact to this video, but I think what you said is spot on.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#526 » by drsd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 pm

The one video we have not seen is Fultz shooting 10 three-balls in a row. Indeed, the last time we have seen evidence of Fultz shooting from range was on the NBA court on November 19, 2018. I know of no video evidence of him shooting the rock since that date.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#527 » by NotACat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:07 pm

j-ragg wrote:I think AG knows as much about Fultz’s progress as we do lol

I think he definitely knows more, they likely have worked out together in front of our coaches and FO.
Black Lives Matter
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#528 » by spinedoc » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:25 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sure it would. I want to push back on this notion that you can dunk but not shoot with TOS. You would struggle doing either. Hell, you don't even want to brush your teeth with that hand. Any rotation without pain like that is a good thing. Now, he may have developed a hitch in his shooting mechanics, I don't know, but we can put his TOS to bed and move on.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#529 » by T-Cat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:38 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
Orange Ave. wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I will too! He's back and healthy and management is just being extra cautious they don't let out their excitement too early and have it come back to bite them in the rear! :D

I agree! Caron Butler mentioned he's healthy and this is the summer he can really work on his game.

I think our organization doesn't want to put too much unwanted pressure on Fultz by hyping him up and saying he's back. Let him build his own legacy in Orlando!

With that said, the fact he hasn't picked up a basketball in months before the summer (due to rehab) and now being able to work on his game speaks volume about his progress!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Post#530 » by basketballRob » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:
Orange Ave. wrote:

I agree! Caron Butler mentioned he's healthy and this is the summer he can really work on his game.

I think our organization doesn't want to put too much unwanted pressure on Fultz by hyping him up and saying he's back. Let him build his own legacy in Orlando!

With that said, the fact he hasn't picked up a basketball in months before the summer (due to rehab) and now being able to work on his game speaks volume about his progress!
I think Fultz has made the statement, that it was his first summer completely healthy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#531 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:37 pm

Yep.... this entire time i'm sure he's been capable of doing the majority of the things we would have loved of him.... minus the shooting. Would we love thhe shooting ... of course... but we didn't need the shooting as much as 76ers needed markelle to shoot the ball to force their system to work with Simmons being a non shooter. CCouldn't have 2 of those in the back court. lol

The ability to shoot consistently is still important for us and his the trajectory of his career.... BUT... the multitude of things he is capable of doing will still make him a player for our team.... just hard to do them at his best if the defender knows that he can't physically shoot the ball. lol
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#532 » by Audi » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:43 am

drsd wrote:The one video we have not seen is Fultz shooting 10 three-balls in a row. Indeed, the last time we have seen evidence of Fultz shooting from range was on the NBA court on November 19, 2018. I know of no video evidence of him shooting the rock since that date.

Was this the boomerang of him taking a jumper that we saw not too king ago?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#533 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:47 am

Broken jumpshot Fultz is a million times better than MCW and Grant so ill take it.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,628

Post#534 » by thelead » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:29 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Broken jumpshot Fultz is a million times better than MCW and Grant so ill take it.

This is what some people don't understand. We dumped Simmons and traded away two 2nd round picks for, at the very least, a young solid backup PG. In what world is that bad for a team trying to build upon their first playoff bid in almost a decade?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#535 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:56 am

Little by little, we will find out things about Markelle Fultz's progress as we approach Training Camp.

For me, The Magic making no major changes at point guard says a lot about how they feel about Markelle Fultz.

The slow drip of news will continue until it is finally time for Preseason action.

I am very hopeful.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#536 » by Magic4champ » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:59 am

thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Broken jumpshot Fultz is a million times better than MCW and Grant so ill take it.

This is what some people don't understand. We dumped Simmons and traded away two 2nd round picks for, at the very least, a young solid backup PG. In what world is that bad for a team trying to build upon their first playoff bid in almost a decade?

Comparing our backup PG from last season. Briscoe as a backup with a broken shot and bad freethrow shooter. And when he replaced Grant and traded away Simmons we turned it around and became the hottest team by the last month of the regular season.

If coach Cliff was able to put Briscoe in place where he can succeed. No reason it's not gonna work for Fultz. MCW as the replacement of Briscoe also contributed with him having a broken shot. I think the system of Cliff can absorb the offensive limitations of these backups.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#537 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:03 am

thelead wrote:

Getting Fultz was a bargain. Jonathan Simmons was out of the rotation and maybe now out of the league.

The picks sent were essentially what they got for #25 on Draft Night 2017 (a future first which will now be 2 2nds along with a second round pick). All they did was send back a better second round pick.

The Magic needed to take a chance and I see hardly any risk in a deal that could pay huge dividends.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#538 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:06 am

Magic4champ wrote:
thelead wrote:

Comparing our backup PG from last season. Briscoe as a backup with a broken shot and bad freethrow shooter. And when he replaced Grant and traded away Simmons we turned it around and became the hottest team by the last month of the regular season.

If coach Cliff was able to put Briscoe in place where he can succeed. No reason it's not gonna work for Fultz. MCW as the replacement of Briscoe also contributed with him having a broken shot. I think the system of Cliff can absorb the offensive limitations of these backups.

This is a VERY good point and we haven't even seen Fultz's jump shot.

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#539 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:06 am

Magic4champ wrote:
thelead wrote:

Briscoe was also a big intangibles guy and a good change of pace from DJ because guys knew they could run and cut and he would find them. MCW also hustled his ass off. But I do agree with your overall sentiment.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#540 » by MagicFrenchie » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:26 am

I'm excited.

Return to Orlando Magic