ImageImageImage

Welcome Trey Burke

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Re: Welcome Trey Burke 

Post#101 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 pm

I've been on board with signing Burke all off-season for a bench scoring/backup pg role......but I love all the comparisons of a min salary journeymen to arguably the greatest Sixer ever lol.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#102 » by Aussiepiston1 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:29 pm

6th man of the year
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#103 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:54 pm

Feeling more comfortable about our bench with this signing. Trey should immediately be our most reliable scoring option on the 2nd unit and Scott is also capable of going for big nights here and there. If those two can produce offensively and we get steady contributions from Zhaire, Thybulle, and Ennis we'll be in good shape.

Kork, Neto, and O'Quinn are solid situational reserves that we'll be able plug and play when needed.

I still think Shayok impresses and ends up getting his contract guaranteed at some point in the season. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the regular rotation as the playoffs approach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#104 » by youngcrev » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:28 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Feeling more comfortable about our bench with this signing. Trey should immediately be our most reliable scoring option on the 2nd unit and Scott is also capable of going for big nights here and there. If those two can produce offensively and we get steady contributions from Zhaire, Thybulle, and Ennis we'll be in good shape.

Kork, Neto, and O'Quinn are solid situational reserves that we'll be able plug and play when needed.

I still think Shayok impresses and ends up getting his contract guaranteed at some point in the season. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the regular rotation as the playoffs approach.

I'm not in love with the bench, but they are at least way deeper than they were last year. Scott feels like the only bench guy that's a lock to have a large role.

It'll be interesting to see how the backup PG rotation shakes out. I'm expecting Neto to win the job as Ben's primary backup for the Embiid lineups, though maybe they go with Burke as a secondary ball handler in the Simmons splits.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#105 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:56 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Feeling more comfortable about our bench with this signing. Trey should immediately be our most reliable scoring option on the 2nd unit and Scott is also capable of going for big nights here and there. If those two can produce offensively and we get steady contributions from Zhaire, Thybulle, and Ennis we'll be in good shape.

I'm not in love with the bench, but they are at least way deeper than they were last year. Scott feels like the only bench guy that's a lock to have a large role.

It'll be interesting to see how the backup PG rotation shakes out. I'm expecting Neto to win the job as Ben's primary backup for the Embiid lineups, though maybe they go with Burke as a secondary ball handler in the Simmons splits.
Agreed, still far from being totally satisfied with the bench, but slightly encouraged that we've managed to improve it given what we had to work with. Hopefully we're aggressive on the buyout market throughout the season.

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#106 » by Sixerscan » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:11 pm

youngcrev wrote:

I assume throughout the season there will be times with Burke, Neto and maybe even Shake flip flop into the backup 1 role. Ditto with Ennis/Zhaire/Thybulle in terms of who gets the most backup wing minutes.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#107 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:26 pm

The roster count currently stands at 15. They would have to cut someone in order to give a guaranteed contract to Shayok. He would have to really impress Brand for him to cut someone and by impressing Brand, it should be in a sixers uniform and not via G-league games.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#108 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:31 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:

The roster count currently stands at 15. They would have to cut someone in order to give a guaranteed contract to Shayok. He would have to really impress Brand for him to cut someone and by impressing Brand, it should be in a sixers uniform and not via G-league games.
I realize that. Whose to say he doesn't outplay guys like Shake, Bolden, or Korkmaz? There's also a strong likelihood that we'll make moves throughout the season causing roster spots to become available.

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#109 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:18 pm

Out of our starting unit, only Tobi and Biid are natural scorers. I’d say Jrich, Ben and Al are limited as scorers. Trey Burke is our extra punch when we can squeeze out offense from our starting unit.

Burke can run 2man game with anyone of our starting unit, outside JRich.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#110 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:27 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:

I realize that. Whose to say he doesn't outplay guys like Shake, Bolden, or Korkmaz? There's also a strong likelihood that we'll make moves throughout the season causing roster spots to become available.

This is the Sixers.....there is also a strong likelihood there is an injury in those 15 guys....like tomorrow.

Just sayin
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#111 » by Sixerscan » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:42 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:The roster count currently stands at 15. They would have to cut someone in order to give a guaranteed contract to Shayok. He would have to really impress Brand for him to cut someone and by impressing Brand, it should be in a sixers uniform and not via G-league games.

This is the Sixers.....there is also a strong likelihood there is an injury in those 15 guys....like tomorrow.

Just sayin

They still count towards the 15 unless they get cut.

I assume the plan with Shayok is similar to the plan with Shake. Even if he plays well I assume they'll want to wait until next year and sign him then. Keep in mind he can only sign a 2 year deal at this point, so signing him this year would make him a free agent in 2021.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#112 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:35 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:I realize that. Whose to say he doesn't outplay guys like Shake, Bolden, or Korkmaz? There's also a strong likelihood that we'll make moves throughout the season causing roster spots to become available.

Just sayin

They still count towards the 15 unless they get cut.

I assume the plan with Shayok is similar to the plan with Shake. Even if he plays well I assume they'll want to wait until next year and sign him then. Keep in mind he can only sign a 2 year deal at this point, so signing him this year would make him a free agent in 2021.
Didn't factor that in. Changes things.

That being said-- they probably should wait until next year...

76ciology
RealGM

Post#113 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Build around this guy and let Embiid focus on defense and be Mutombo. :lol:

Ben’s eric snow btw.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#114 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#115 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Glenn Robinson III
Nik Stauskas
Trey Burke
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#116 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:09 pm

Encouraging to see Horford, Simmons, and BB all going out of their way to say how well Burke played yesterday.

Huge opportunity in front of Trey this year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#117 » by Negrodamus » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:08 am

I am a bit concerned that he's the only one on this team that can do the things he does, combo guard that creates offense for himself. I guess we'll need to see if Richardson can do it.
rulebook
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#118 » by rulebook » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:30 am

Negrodamus wrote:I am a bit concerned that he's the only one on this team that can do the things he does, combo guard that creates offense for himself. I guess we'll need to see if Richardson can do it.

Well, last year zero players on this team could do what he does, so having one and possibly two ‘tis year is a considerable improvement
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#119 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:05 pm

rulebook wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I am a bit concerned that he's the only one on this team that can do the things he does, combo guard that creates offense for himself. I guess we'll need to see if Richardson can do it.

Well, last year zero players on this team could do what he does, so having one and possibly two ‘tis year is a considerable improvement

We had Jimmy at the end of the year, but point taken.

I really like the addition of Burke, and look forward to seeing him be a spark off the bench. I do have pretty high hopes for him though, I could see him being our main source for bench scoring.

He could really help us immensely if he has a good season, and for me, his scoring will be key for us off the bench as most guys we have just can't do it. It would be nice for Trey to have a career year off the bench, we could use it.
rulebook
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#120 » by rulebook » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:23 pm

One aspect of Burke's game that I'm excited about and hopeful for is his garbage time scoring ability. How many times over the past few years did we see a 20 pt lead in the 4th quarter eaten away bc our bench could neither defend nor score. With someone like Burke, we may finally have a guy who will enable the sixers to just trade baskets at the end of blowouts. That's where his "poor defense/lil' Iverson offense" player profile can really shine. Garbage time when the stakes are low. Fingers crossed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers