ImageImageImageImageImage

Coaching Staff

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Coaching Staff 

Post#1 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 10:03 pm

Kerr, Brown, and Fraser are back in their same roles.

Adams has shifted more to player development, and they hinted he may not travel as much. Who is going to be the next DC?

Collins is back, but there was a little talk that made it sound like he was going to take a bigger role this year.

Chris DeMarco is back but is now the lead development coach.

Aaron Miles moves from SC Warriors head coach to assistant player development coach. He's going to continue working with Smiley, Evans, and the other super young guys.

Seems like a smaller staff than in the past.

Pure speculation ... I wonder if Iguodala has been offered the DC role when he's ready?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Re: Coaching Staff 

Post#2 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 10:12 pm

Almost forgot to mention that Kerr is spending time with Team USA working with Pop as possibly the next team USA head coach after Gregg takes a step back.

Good opportunity to work with some of the younger guys going forward ... scouting for the Warriors :)
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#3 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:13 pm

I would love to see Bogut coaching the bigs and defense down the road.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#4 » by likemycurryhot » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:01 am

On the House of Strauss pod on Wednesday Ethan and Bomani Jones touched on how the Dubs have to deal with the ridiculous cost of living in the Bay. Apparently, though they can offer coaches more than other teams, they are getting turned down because money just doesn’t go as far. They didn’t mention any particular coaches that had left or turned them down but apparently it’s part of the dynamic that they have to deal with.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:04 am

Mylie10 wrote:I would love to see Bogut coaching the bigs and defense down the road.

I want to revise my quote to clarify I want Iguodala and Bogut both as coaches with Bogut handling the big men. But both coaching up defense.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#6 » by CS707 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:20 am

Isn’t Brown’s background defense?

If so I’d assume he’d just take a more prominent role.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:51 am

Mylie10 wrote:I would love to see Bogut coaching the bigs and defense down the road.

It would be interesting but I don't know that his personality would translate as well as one might want.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:54 am

likemycurryhot wrote:On the House of Strauss pod on Wednesday Ethan and Bomani Jones touched on how the Dubs have to deal with the ridiculous cost of living in the Bay. Apparently, though they can offer coaches more than other teams, they are getting turned down because money just doesn’t go as far. They didn’t mention any particular coaches that had left or turned them down but apparently it’s part of the dynamic that they have to deal with.

Yeah, they can pay more, but there are a lot of issues with living in the Bay Area beyond just money.

I would think the issue may be that coaches for the Warriors won't get much credit compared to with other teams?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:56 am

gst8 wrote:Isn’t Brown’s background defense?

If so I’d assume he’d just take a more prominent role.

Yes, but I don't think he's young enough to be Adams' pupil. :)
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#10 » by likemycurryhot » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:36 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:On the House of Strauss pod on Wednesday Ethan and Bomani Jones touched on how the Dubs have to deal with the ridiculous cost of living in the Bay. Apparently, though they can offer coaches more than other teams, they are getting turned down because money just doesn’t go as far. They didn’t mention any particular coaches that had left or turned them down but apparently it’s part of the dynamic that they have to deal with.

Yeah, they can pay more, but there are a lot of issues with living in the Bay Area beyond just money.

I would think the issue may be that coaches for the Warriors won't get much credit compared to with other teams?

Hopefully, now that KD is gone, they won’t have to deal with the “too stacked” criticism anymore.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#11 » by watch1958 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 4:00 pm

Overall, the staff seems to have gotten bland. For the last few years, the whole idea has been "don't screw things up". This year, there needs to be some really active handling of player development, rotations, trying out different combinations in a way that really lets you know what you have.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 5:12 pm

watch1958 wrote:Overall, the staff seems to have gotten bland. For the last few years, the whole idea has been "don't screw things up". This year, there needs to be some really active handling of player development, rotations, trying out different combinations in a way that really lets you know what you have.

I agree. I had hoped Walton might come back as he seemed to have a really positive impact on player confidence.

Return to Golden State Warriors