More Trade Value: Karl-Anthony Towns or Devin Booker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who?

Devin Booker
9%
Karl-Anthony Towns
91%

Total votes: 173

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Re: More Trade Value: Karl-Anthony Towns or Devin Booker 

Post#41 » by Crives » Fri Aug 2, 2019 5:45 pm

Woody Allen wrote:
Crives wrote:
KAT4PREZ wrote:Does booker have positive trade value?

No. He is obviously trash
Read on Twitter
?s=21

How many games did Booker win post break? 5?

When you're on a team like that defenses don't take you seriously or play with any kind of intensity. It's a lot easier to stuff the stat sheet in a game that is played like practice. Hence comparing Harden and Booker is ridiculous. Houston was a top 5 team, Phoenix was the worst.

And yes, the fact that Phoenix can't get off the bottom of the league speaks a lot about how great Booker is.

I think your post speaks to you not realizing what Booker has been dealing with and what the suns roster looked like most nights last year.

I really don’t have much more to say. those of us that have watched Book night in and out can’t wait for him to prove his haters wrong.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#42 » by Stillwater » Fri Aug 2, 2019 7:07 pm

PHO fans take notice... Booker is overrated
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#43 » by Soulyss » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:05 am

You can't teach big.
Northern hoops
Senior
And1: 217

Post#44 » by Northern hoops » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:45 am

Stillwater wrote:PHO fans take notice... Booker is overrated

I don't think Booker is overrated, he's a guy that can score and be a primary ball handler who can play make even with suboptimal players around him, which is hard to find in the NBA. Anyone who questions if he has positive value is nuts.

That being said, KAT is the most versatile scorer as a big of this generation. It's no knock on Booker to say KAT has significantly more value than him.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#45 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:52 am

Northern hoops wrote:

I don't think Booker is overrated, he's a guy that can score and be a primary ball handler who can play make even with suboptimal players around him, which is hard to find in the NBA. Anyone who questions if he has positive value is nuts.

That being said, KAT is the most versatile scorer as a big of this generation. It's no knock on Booker to say KAT has significantly more value than him.

this the last year booker has to emerge as a legit player. he has pieces around him and also failed to make 3 now gone high lottery picks better which says a lot about his me first style
Crives
General Manager

Post#46 » by Crives » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:54 am

Stillwater wrote:
Northern hoops wrote:

this the last year booker has to emerge as a legit player. he has pieces around him and also failed to make 3 now gone high lottery picks better which says a lot about his me first style

What??? Devin Booker is the reason McD picks busted??? Not the 5 coaches in the last 4 years or the terrible culture McD built??
Devin Booker is one of the best passing shooting guards in the league.
Northern hoops
Senior
And1: 217

Post#47 » by Northern hoops » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:01 am

Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Northern hoops wrote:I don't think Booker is overrated, he's a guy that can score and be a primary ball handler who can play make even with suboptimal players around him, which is hard to find in the NBA. Anyone who questions if he has positive value is nuts.

What??? Devin Booker is the reason McD picks busted??? Devin Booker is one of the best passing shooting guards.

As a Wolves fan I can tell you that players drafted in the high lottery busting has much more to do with an incompetent front office than the players around them (KG, KLove, Rubio, etc.)
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#48 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:08 pm

Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Northern hoops wrote:I don't think Booker is overrated, he's a guy that can score and be a primary ball handler who can play make even with suboptimal players around him, which is hard to find in the NBA. Anyone who questions if he has positive value is nuts.

What??? Devin Booker is the reason McD picks busted??? Not the 5 coaches in the last 4 years or the terrible culture McD built??

You are overvaluing a good player on a bad team the last few years imo… he aint no star or future star if his current level of play continues.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,106

Post#49 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 4:32 am

wolves_89 wrote:I'm not sure how this is even a question. Looking at the numbers from last season:

Towns/Booker
WS: 10.4/2.9
BPM: 6.8/0.8
PER: 26.3/20.2
TS%: .622/.584
RPM: 3.86/0.58
RPM wins: 11.37/5.18

In career WS Towns has a 45.4 to 9.8 advantage over Booker.

The two really aren't on the same tier in terms of their impact.

Pretty solid argument.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Crives
General Manager

Post#50 » by Crives » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:this the last year booker has to emerge as a legit player. he has pieces around him and also failed to make 3 now gone high lottery picks better which says a lot about his me first style

You are overvaluing a good player on a bad team the last few years imo… he aint no star or future star if his current level of play continues.

If Books level of play post all star break continues Book will be an all star, all nba, likely scoring champ, and a top mvp candidate. An efficient 31 ppg on 61% TS is an insane level of play for a guard. Especially when you add in 7 assists per game.

Good job trying to change the subject though. If you really think Book is the reason for McD poor drafting and culture setting then there is no point to this discussion.
Crives
General Manager

Post#51 » by Crives » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:16 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:I'm not sure how this is even a question. Looking at the numbers from last season:

Towns/Booker
WS: 10.4/2.9
BPM: 6.8/0.8
PER: 26.3/20.2
TS%: .622/.584
RPM: 3.86/0.58
RPM wins: 11.37/5.18

In career WS Towns has a 45.4 to 9.8 advantage over Booker.

The two really aren't on the same tier in terms of their impact.

Pretty solid argument.

I think Towns is great. Especially his 3 pt shooting for a C.

But these stats are really not the best way to compare.
WS is obviously affected by the suns extremely poor record while the wolves have been a near playoff team.
Bigs have much higher per/TS% compared to guards.

I think it’s fair to say KAT has been the driving force for better teams his career... but that doesn’t mean Books Advanced stats wont look significantly different if Book had a nba level roster.

I’d be very happy with either on my team to build around.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,272

Post#52 » by brackdan70 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:43 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:Two young, locked up star-level talents.

Who fetches more in a trade today?

I think Towns and not even close.

Booker is only an offensive player has so far not shown any appetite to be even a serviceable defender. Towns has been a very effective two way player.
Sign here
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#53 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 4, 2019 4:08 pm

Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Crives wrote:

If Books level of play post all star break continues Book will be an all star, all nba, likely scoring champ, and a top mvp candidate. An efficient 31 ppg on 61% TS is an insane level of play for a guard. Especially when you add in 7 assists per game.

Good job trying to change the subject though. If you really think Book is the reason for McD poor drafting and culture setting then there is no point to this discussion.

Umm I never said Booker was why the Suns can't draft well...he just didn't make any of those players like JJ or Bender better and that says more about him as a me first player than anything else.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#54 » by WillyJakkz » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:15 am

Maybe it's me but I really don't see Devin Booker as the Alpha to lead a winning team.

He's a distant secondary or 3rd option. Seems like a gunner.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,535

Post#55 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:28 am

Stillwater wrote:
Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:You are overvaluing a good player on a bad team the last few years imo… he aint no star or future star if his current level of play continues.

Umm I never said Booker was why the Suns can't draft well...he just didn't make any of those players like JJ or Bender better and that says more about him as a me first player than anything else.

I don’t agree with this at all. Bender being bad is independent of Booker
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#56 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:30 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Crives wrote:

I would think if he were as great as some seem to think...he would have at least made his raw teammates look serviceable.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#57 » by dakomish23 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:03 am

Booker is a flamethrower on offense. It’s not just the shooting. He can create for others pretty well.

He hasn’t been in the most stable of situations. Put him somewhere else, or even if they stay the path (I like Ayton and Mikal), the wins will come to back up the stats and contract.

No he’s not better than KAT. But I have him entrenched in the top 10 SGs, which I’m sure is a minority opinion.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#58 » by dakomish23 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:04 am

Stillwater wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Umm I never said Booker was why the Suns can't draft well...he just didn't make any of those players like JJ or Bender better and that says more about him as a me first player than anything else.

I would think if he were as great as some seem to think...he would have at least made his raw teammates look serviceable.

Ayton and Mikal looked pretty solid as rookies. Do they count? Or do you need a multi year example?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#59 » by pacers33granger » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:39 am

Booker isn't good as far as making others better goes but guys like Bender and Jackson aren't on him at all. Some high picks just suck.
Jalexjsmithj
Junior
And1: 236

Post#60 » by Jalexjsmithj » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:41 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Ayton and Mikal looked pretty solid as rookies. Do they count? Or do you need a multi year example?

Those guys have serious pedigrees though.

I think the best answer is TJ Warren. Booker got TJ a **** ton of open looks for 3s which TJ hit. But when TJ can’t get his shot off immediately, he’s probably the one of the worst players with the ball in his hand in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Trades and Transactions