ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1581 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:12 am

Red_Claw wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
mdenny wrote:
This is intriguing and i think Portland does it without blinking. i think we need more than a first being that it's guaranteed to be a late one. Perhaps a 1st and 2 future 2nds. Otherwise our only benefit is getting Whiteside's contract which expires at the right time. But that can be done by overpaying someone for a one year contract.

Lol Portland is not trading him.
A young future replacement guard on a rookie deal is exactly the type of player you want to keep when your starting guards are making that sort of money

Exactly. No way we win a championship without Pascal, our #2 being on a rookie contract.

Championship teams draft well so they can put the money in the top dogs and expand their rotation with small contracts and potentially big talent.

If Portland is smart, they'll do the same.

Au contraire I would say to win a title they most def would auction Simons and suck more tax. Just like we dealt a number nine pick after two years and packaged it with our most loyal number two. Portland def looking like the new Raps.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#1582 » by bootsythornton » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:05 am

Toronto In - Andre Drummond (extended 4 years $100m)
Portland In - Marc Gasol
Detroit In - Hassan Whiteside + Gary Trent Jr.

2019 business throughout season

Lowry extended 1 year $30m
Siakam extended 5 years $137.5m (27.5m per)

Lowry - FVV
Powell - Thomas
OG - SJ
Siakam - RHJ
Drummond - Ibaka
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Post#1583 » by djsunyc » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:29 am

sportsyard wrote:Toronto In - Andre Drummond (extended 4 years $100m)
Portland In - Marc Gasol
Detroit In - Hassan Whiteside + Gary Trent Jr.

2019 business throughout season

Lowry extended 1 year $30m
Siakam extended 5 years $137.5m (27.5m per)

Lowry - FVV
Powell - Thomas
OG - SJ
Siakam - RHJ
Drummond - Ibaka

drummond? 4 years $100 mil? i don't say this often but i hope you forget your password.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#1584 » by Raptors_128 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:47 pm

Since the Warriors are in win-now mode and will be in a new arena. We should go really hard for Russell and flip him for Beal.

Gasol + Powell + 2020 Raps 1st (top 20 protected, if not conveyed in 2020 its 2-2nds) for Capela + Gordon

Ibaka + McCaw + Miller + Filler (need to use our TPE’s to take on salary) for Wiggins + Covington + Okogie

Covington + Gordon for Russell

Russell + Okogie + 2022 Raps 1st for Beal

Lowry/Beal/OG/Siakam/Capela
FVV/Wiggins/Johnson/Hollis-Jefferson/Vet Min Big
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,193

Post#1585 » by gerrit4 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:08 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:Since the Warriors are in win-now mode and will be in a new arena. We should go really hard for Russell and flip him for Beal.

Gasol + Powell + 2020 Raps 1st (top 20 protected, if not conveyed in 2020 its 2-2nds) for Capela + Gordon

Ibaka + McCaw + Miller + Filler (need to use our TPE’s to take on salary) for Wiggins + Covington + Okogie

Why would the Wizards want Russell instead of Beal? Why would the Warriors want Gordon & Covington instead of Beal?

Beal is only 26, makes less money than Russell, and is a way better player. A crummy future first and a mediocre young player don't exactly tip the scales.

Not to mention, the Wizards already have 180 million locked into a point guard.

Bradley Beal is a top 20 player, who is only 26, who basically fits on any team in the league. If he becomes available for trade, we'd be competing against at least 5 other teams to get him, and maybe much more. The only way we'd get him for Russell, Okogie & a pick would be if he blows his achilles first, or decides to completely tank his trade value by playing terribly to start the season.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,526

Post#1586 » by mdenny » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:16 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
mdenny wrote:
This is intriguing and i think Portland does it without blinking. i think we need more than a first being that it's guaranteed to be a late one. Perhaps a 1st and 2 future 2nds. Otherwise our only benefit is getting Whiteside's contract which expires at the right time. But that can be done by overpaying someone for a one year contract.

Lol Portland is not trading him.
A young future replacement guard on a rookie deal is exactly the type of player you want to keep when your starting guards are making that sort of money

Exactly. No way we win a championship without Pascal, our #2 being on a rookie contract.

Championship teams draft well so they can put the money in the top dogs and expand their rotation with small contracts and potentially big talent.

If Portland is smart, they'll do the same.

Color me persusaded. You guys are right. Fred being an upgrade doesn't matter. They got Simons locked for 3 more years for next to nothing.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#1587 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:42 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:we need this guy...believe he's a future all-star if he ever got on a team where he could get minutes

Would love it if Masai could somehow make that happen, I assume Portland is win-now mode and would only consider moving him if they can upgrade their rotation significantly.

you gotta hope Whiteside plays bad...they are weak at PF. We can ibaka for whitside and get simmons...maybe give them powell too

I was literally just going to post this.

We trade Ibaka with some futures or something , for either whitesides or Bazemore and Anfernee.

That's a great trade in my opinion.

Also if they really want championship experience , Lowry for Bazemore + Anfernee would be a cool trade.

Could potentially go small , with a Lillard-Lowry - CJ lineup.

Point is we'd need to explore these types of trades while retooling.

FVV
Anfernee / Powell
OG / Johnson
Siakim / RHJ
Gasol / Ibaka

This team reminds me of Indiana of the past few years.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#1588 » by Raptors_128 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:28 am

gerrit4 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:Since the Warriors are in win-now mode and will be in a new arena. We should go really hard for Russell and flip him for Beal.

Why would the Wizards want Russell instead of Beal? Why would the Warriors want Gordon & Covington instead of Beal?

Beal is only 26, makes less money than Russell, and is a way better player. A crummy future first and a mediocre young player don't exactly tip the scales.

Not to mention, the Wizards already have 180 million locked into a point guard.

Bradley Beal is a top 20 player, who is only 26, who basically fits on any team in the league. If he becomes available for trade, we'd be competing against at least 5 other teams to get him, and maybe much more. The only way we'd get him for Russell, Okogie & a pick would be if he blows his achilles first, or decides to completely tank his trade value by playing terribly to start the season.

I’ll give you that the Warriors need a bit more value. I thought it was a little light while writing it too. They deal was to get the Warriors depth and players that fit around Steph/Klay/Dray. A backcourt of Russell/Curry is not going to work and I don’t see Klay playing the 3 full-time.

Beal was offered a 3-year extension which he rejected. Which isn’t a big deal but, his comments were that he wanted to see how the FO builds a team around him. IMO the Wizards are going to suck next season and if Beal is not committing he’s going to get moved. 1.5 years of Beal is not worth a lot more than Russell on a 4-year deal + young player + 1st.

Trades aren’t done based on what an asset should be worth, it’s about what teams are willing to give up.

The ask from the Wizards was Siakam + OG + 2-1sts before Siakam’s playoff performance. Russell was an all-star this season locked-in on a 4-year deal and Okogie is comparable to OG. That offer is not that far off.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,630

Post#1589 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:37 pm

I...I think I’d be okay signing Melo to the minimum as a bench 3/4 scorer....
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1590 » by Red_Claw » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:43 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:I...I think I’d be okay signing Melo to the minimum as a bench 3/4 scorer....

Go to the doctor.
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,003

Post#1591 » by mieshpal » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:58 pm

never gunna happen
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
sportsyard wrote:Toronto In - CJ McCollum
Portland In - Kevin Love + FVV
Cleveland In - Norm Powell + Kent Bazemore + Cam Payne + Port 1st + Toronto 1st

Lowry
McCollum
OG
Siakam
Gasol

Thats a big 4 right there. easily contends for the finals with the right ring chasers. McCollum could score 30 ppg in the east

so Toronto trades 1st + FVV + Norm to get McCollum? sign me up LMAO

Payne has no value so i'm just gonna call it out now. lmao.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#1592 » by bootsythornton » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:01 pm

if Kawhi was worth an all star young prospect and and a 1st for a 1 year rental then beal should be a borderline all star, young prospect, and a first.

I say we let OG develop and see what he looks like mid season. He might explode and be worth more then he is now. Unfortunately the salaries would mean unloading Marc or Serge, which we need.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,630

Post#1593 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:22 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:I...I think I’d be okay signing Melo to the minimum as a bench 3/4 scorer....

Go to the doctor.

*sigh*

Yeah I think I'll just go take a nap
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,158

Post#1594 » by GooniesNeverDie » Fri Aug 2, 2019 11:19 pm

i dont even care, i would love to see Melo on the Raps. why do people think he would have a negative impact? he knows this is it for him.. a reduced role wouldnt hurt the Raps even if he's bad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#1595 » by raptorstime » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:15 am

I'll take melo off the bench, he can still drop like 12 ppg on good shooting
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1596 » by Red_Claw » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:49 pm

@celtics get:
Marc Gasol
Fred VanVleet

@trailblazers get:
Serge Ibaka
Grant Williams

@Raptors get:
Gordon Hayward
Hassan Whiteside
2020 - R1 from BOS
2020 - R1 from POR
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#1597 » by bootsythornton » Sun Aug 4, 2019 1:58 pm

Red_Claw wrote:@celtics get:
Marc Gasol
Fred VanVleet

@trailblazers get:
Serge Ibaka
Grant Williams

@Raptors get:
Gordon Hayward
Hassan Whiteside
2020 - R1 from BOS
2020 - R1 from POR

pass. would rather have the cap space.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#1598 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:28 pm

sportsyard wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:@celtics get:
Marc Gasol
Fred VanVleet

@trailblazers get:
Serge Ibaka
Grant Williams

@Raptors get:
Gordon Hayward
Hassan Whiteside
2020 - R1 from BOS
2020 - R1 from POR

pass. would rather have the cap space.

Not a fan of the trade but Whiteside is a free agent at the end of this year and Hayward is in 2021 so you still keep cap space
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#1599 » by alan_156 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:56 am

I'd take Melo off the bench over carter right now anyday. Anyone who wants carter is more for a feel good story, not for production. Carter had a good ride but unfortunately he's done at his age, that's the reality.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#1600 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Aug 5, 2019 7:11 am

Reuniting Gasol with Z-Bo is a possibility, albeit a low one.
Solid vet for a young team on the rise. Can instill toughness in the minds & hearts of some of our guys.
Could do wonders for Siakam, T.Davis, Dewan, Konate, etc.

I still think if we do end up signing a vet before the start of the season - it'll be Luol Deng.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to Toronto Raptors