Image ImageImage Image

Do Gar Forman & John Paxson deserve to keep their jobs?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

1). No they both should be fired.
58%
2). Yes they both should keep their jobs.
11%
3). Only Gar should keep his job.
3%
4). Only Paxson should keep his job.
28%

Total votes: 101

Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#1 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:29 pm

I’m very curious to see everyone’s thoughts on if they believe GarPax deserve to keep their jobs. Not whether they will but if they should.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,321

Re: Does Gar Foreman & John Paxson deserve to keep their jobs? 

Post#2 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:26 pm

Gar already has been effectively demoted. He's a friend of the Reinsdorfs and thus a lifer, but as long as he isn't in a public position nor in a position to make terrible decisions that impact the roster then it is what it is.

Pax has a decent history in drafting and making some decent deals with a horrific blip from summer 2012-2016. He has some earned goodwill, but I do think he is a part, and effectively a face of the current negative image of the franchise. But the Reinsdorf's legendary cheapness restrict Pax as well, so getting rid of him doesn't change that reality. Ultimately I'm on the fence with Pax, but he probably should have been fired 3 years ago.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#3 » by PaKii94 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:45 pm

Just fyi it's "Do" not "Does". Don't wanna be a grammar Nazi but that is irking me with the title lol
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#4 » by Hold That » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:48 pm

They should’ve been fired yesterday.

But Reinsdorf is the best to work directly for, the man gives you ultimate job security at the executive level. Rather have that than a owner allowing you cap freedom if I’m a GM or VP. So when you’re dealing with that you realize nothing will be done about Gar/Pax until there’s national scrutiny
Am2626
Analyst

Post#5 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:50 pm

PaKii94 wrote:Just fyi it's "Do" not "Does". Don't wanna be a grammar Nazi but that is irking me with the title lol

It’s fixed. :)
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,153

Re: Do Gar Foreman & John Paxson deserve to keep their jobs? 

Post#6 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:17 pm

Forman is misspelled.

I don't have enough info to really know if they should be fired or who better (or worse) replacements would be. I'm ok with them continuing.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#7 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:22 pm

Ofcourse they do. They should have being fired before rebuild started. It already feels tainted.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,587

Post#8 » by Jimako10 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:26 pm

League Circles wrote:Forman is misspelled.

I don't have enough info to really know if they should be fired
or who better (or worse) replacements would be. I'm ok with them continuing.

Would another 16 years help?
Am2626
Analyst

Post#9 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:27 pm

I don't have enough info to really know if they should be fired or who better (or worse) replacements would be. I'm ok with them continuing.

Fixed
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#10 » by gardenofsound » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:32 pm

In hindsight I'm not so sure. I'm not happy that Boylen and Hoiberg were both hired without any real coaching search. That said, Butler was a cancerous diva and the league sees that now. Thibs has been proven out as a coach who could not adapt to the changing style of play in the NBA that was effectively created to counteract his defensive schemes. Noah was spent. They traded Rose for non negative value.

I mean, I really wonder what the Bulls look like if the ownership group were more invested in winning. BTW it's not just the Reinsdorfs. Would GarPax have a better track record?

The biggest stain on their record is the McDermott trade, and that still hurts.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#11 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:39 pm

Jimako10 wrote:

Not unless they start publicizing all trade offers that teams make and hear and show all 30 teams' draft boards and what constraints their owners place on them. We see a tiny snapshot of what GMs should be graded on.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#12 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:40 pm

Am2626 wrote:

Fixed

Umm, try again I guess.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Re: Do Gar Forman & John Paxson deserve to keep their jobs? 

Post#13 » by ChettheJet » Fri Aug 2, 2019 11:52 pm

Just like the owner poll. Some unknown miracle worker will land at O'Hare and suddenly find superstars kneeling at his feet, money falling from the sky and ever an injury will be suffered because he is blessed. 29 other teams wish they could find the same guy, it silly to think he's out there for anybody. It either goes your way or it doesn't.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#14 » by kingkirk » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:03 am

No. They should've been gone years ago. I know the rebuild, to some, is going along nicely (I tend to agree). That said, it shouldn't be an argument about this current crop of players, more so the decade plus of history that came before it.

But we've done this song and dance a million times.

It is what it is at this point.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#15 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:10 am

The Felicio contract was one of the most bizarre I've ever seen from the bulls.

My opinion is that his salary was to supplement tanking. There are 2 more years left, effectively 1 major because you like the buyout opportunities for his last year.

The bulls look to be competive this year, it won't be any thanks to felicio, if they decide to tank Felicio will uphold his value.
Right now this doesn't feel like championship rebuild, another tank than possibly yes.

It would be an objective failure to tank for years to be at the exact same level you were previously. Which is subjectively a 7th or 8th seed.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#16 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:11 am

At the very least they should have been fired before the rebuild. Hoiberg was looking like a failure of a hire, and that was after they publicly fought with Thibs.

Gar should be let go simply before he's a glorified scout at this point, and I'd love if they hired someone that was more useful.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#17 » by Mech Engineer » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:29 am

Gar is not a significant influence however much the narrative is pushed. He is and has never been the main decision maker. All he has done is be the spokesman for Paxson's bad decisions. it is like being Trump's spokesman....you get the blame. Only smart thing about Paxson is he hid behind Gar and came out whenever he felt like or when good things happened.

Getting rid of Paxson is the only way you structurally change this organization. He is the root cause of all the failures the Bulls have had the last 20 years. The day he is out of the Bulls organization is the day the Bulls will start the process of becoming a better organization.

He is a 'NBA dinosaur' decision maker who has blocked the Bulls from what they could have been. He is just there because of his connections with the Reinsdorfs.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#18 » by Evil_Headband » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:39 am

I selected all four choices because I could.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,587

Post#19 » by Jimako10 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:21 am

League Circles wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:

Not unless they start publicizing all trade offers that teams make and hear and show all 30 teams' draft boards and what constraints their owners place on them. We see a tiny snapshot of what GMs should be graded on.

Since that would never ever happen, does that mean you would give them infinity years?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,352

Post#20 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:26 am

I don't think Paxson is some dolt... He is very OK. Too bad he is in a job on 30 people in the world get to have and OK is not good enough. Rick Hahn came up with a game plan to go after Manny and got Jerry to open the purse strings. Paxson just can't make the big moves. He can't sell Jerry on his moves and just trucks along like a conservative. Blame Reinsdorf all you want... yet Jerry allowed Krause to do what he wanted, He allowed Kenny to swing for the fences, Hahn looks like he has freedom... So is it Jerry or Paxson? If Morey was here he would still get after the big deals and he has an owner who is tight in Houston too. Pax is the problem IMHO. He isn't dumb he just is middling.

Return to Chicago Bulls