ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread 

Post#1901 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:18 pm

Zenzibar wrote:While getting a pitcher was paramount I dont subscribe to just dealing the young stars of the team.

Also Cashman has done a not a good job, an excellent job loading the farm. Some of these teams just want to slam the Yankees, aka 1 ready young front line player and multiple picks. More than what's asked for from others.

looking back on your post, it seems even better than when you wrote it. Trading away too much talent in a panic ruins teams. It's got to be hard for Cashman to resists overpaying when he has so much talent, but I agree than he should get value in return for what he gives. This way we'll all be excited by how the team is playing long into the future.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#1902 » by Papi_swav » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:12 pm

F N 11 wrote:Welp, Astros fixed Aaron Sanchez. They are doing some top secret **** in Houston with their pitching staff.

We need to throw their pitching coach or somebody in that staff 5M a season, this is horse s*** !!!

And WTF is with all these injuries Geezus !!! Boone is definitely the Coach of the Year with all these injuries we've had to deal with. Can somebody give me an update when is Stanton, Voit , Betances, Bird, Gary , EE and Ellsburry coming back? I mean come on we really need Ells out there. Let's just sweep Boston so we can get rid of them from the playoffs for good .
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1903 » by GEOLINK » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:31 pm

Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia, on the injured list for the third time this season, says the pain in his surgically repaired right knee has been constant for five years.

"It's always the same. If I had to scale it on a scale of one to 10, it's always an eight and when it's bad it's 10," he said Saturday.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27314802/knee-pain-always-least-8-10

Not even mad at CC, he's out to get the bag and hopefully another ring but Cashman really thought bringing back CC was gonna be a solid option all year in the rotation?

If he was serious about building a potential WS rotation that could compete with the Astros/Dodgers.

CC at best is a pen arm at this point of his career. Can only go 2-3 innings before things go sideways.
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#1904 » by JustCame » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:31 pm

These injuries are going to kill us in the end because finishing with the best record in the AL is everything.

I feel like if we have home field versus the Astros we'll have a fighting chance. Without it we're toast.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1905 » by GEOLINK » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:35 pm

JustCame wrote:These injuries are going to kill us in the end because finishing with the best record in the AL is everything.

I feel like if we have home field versus the Astros we'll have a fighting chance. Without it we're toast.

Eerily similar to the 2005-2006 teams that were filled with broken down pitchers and meddling arms that the Yankees brought to eat up innings.

Both teams eliminated in the first round.

Cashman/Yankees have never been serious about building a legit rotation. Cashman has a tremendous eye for scouting bats that can be developed, but never with pitchers. It's fascinating.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#1906 » by Rich Rane » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:16 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia, on the injured list for the third time this season, says the pain in his surgically repaired right knee has been constant for five years.

"It's always the same. If I had to scale it on a scale of one to 10, it's always an eight and when it's bad it's 10," he said Saturday.

Not even mad at CC, he's out to get the bag and hopefully another ring but Cashman really thought bringing back CC was gonna be a solid option all year in the rotation?

If he was serious about building a potential WS rotation that could compete with the Astros/Dodgers.

CC at best is a pen arm at this point of his career. Can only go 2-3 innings before things go sideways.

We totally didn't need Keuchel because he's not an ace despite nearly the entire team catching the injury bug!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1907 » by Rich Rane » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Guess this means Frazier isn't an option. Gardner, Maybin, and Tauchman can hold down left and center and even give Judge a rest day until Hicks is ready.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#1908 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:21 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guess this means Frazier isn't an option. Gardner, Maybin, and Tauchman can hold down left and center and even give Judge a rest day until Hicks is ready.

Frazier must be counting the days until he's a FA, because the Yanks are neither going to trade him OR play him, at this rate.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1909 » by Rich Rane » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:22 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Frazier must be counting the days until he's a FA, because the Yanks are neither going to trade him OR play him, at this rate.

It's a long countdown since the Yanks have 2 more years of team control.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1910 » by GEOLINK » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:37 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

We totally didn't need Keuchel because he's not an ace despite nearly the entire team catching the injury bug!

I don't get that whole ordeal as to why we weren't serious bidders on him.

The whole story, from Cashman's perspective, is screwy.

So, Keuchel/Boras never contacted the Yankees back for a final offer? How does that happen? Was Keuchel never coming? Were the Yankees not serious from get go?

From all we heard we were like a million and some change short on our offer compared to the Braves.

I don't get how Boras wouldn't call back to get more money from the Yankees.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1911 » by GEOLINK » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

There must be more to this story as to why the Yankees are treating Frazier this way.

I know the way Frazier handled the media when he made those errors in the field was a BAD look on his part. I know the Yankees are big on the way the players handle the media, it was a Mets-zy way Frazier handled himself to the media.

He has an attitude about himself like he's a superstar when he barely has a year of MLB experience under his belt.

It definitely rubbed Cashman/Steinbrenners the wrong way. Now he's in purgatory until September callups.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1912 » by GEOLINK » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:43 pm

I don't think the Toy Story GIF tweet after the deadline ended did him any favors btw.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1913 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:41 am

I have no idea if the Yankees pitching is doing better or if the Red Sox are just playing so badly they're making us look good.

But one takeawy has to be that some were panicking after we didn't acquire any pitching and we lost 3/4 to the Red Sox. We're not as bad as we looked then and we're probably not as good as we look after the top of the 4th tonight.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#1914 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:00 am

It's Happ-ening again
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#1915 » by blue and orange » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:02 am

BKlutch wrote:I have no idea if the Yankees pitching is doing better or if the Red Sox are just playing so badly they're making us look good.

But one takeawy has to be that some were panicking after we didn't acquire any pitching and we lost 3/4 to the Red Sox. We're not as bad as we looked then and we're probably not as good as we look after the top of the 4th tonight.

Nope our pitching still sucks the second someone starts complementing our pitching is the second they start sucking. There ya go Happ just gave up back to back hr and just hit a batter.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1916 » by blue and orange » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:25 am

HAPP **** SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1917 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:25 am

:sigh: Happ
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1918 » by GEOLINK » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:29 am

Every game have to be a struggle to sneak out with the win...
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1919 » by blue and orange » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:31 am

So no one is available to pitch an inning wtf does it really have to be Cessa here you got a series with the Orioles and Jays after this sit the big guys out of the pen for the whole Orioles series if you want to this is just stupid.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1920 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:31 am

GEOLINK wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

I don't get that whole ordeal as to why we weren't serious bidders on him.

The whole story, from Cashman's perspective, is screwy.

So, Keuchel/Boras never contacted the Yankees back for a final offer? How does that happen? Was Keuchel never coming? Were the Yankees not serious from get go?

From all we heard we were like a million and some change short on our offer compared to the Braves.

I don't get how Boras wouldn't call back to get more money from the Yankees.

I'm still convinced Hal thought the extra million or two was an overspend and closed his checkbook.

Return to New York Knicks