Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Re: Kuz has been working with a private shooting coach 

Post#81 » by dockingsched » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#82 » by iamworthy » Mon Aug 5, 2019 9:24 pm

Assuming kuz comes of the bench, he's going to have a great opportunity to be 6th man of the Year.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#83 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:24 am

iamworthy wrote:Assuming kuz comes of the bench, he's going to have a great opportunity to be 6th man of the Year.

I see him as our third best player, he’s starting if you ask me.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#84 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:06 am

stan francisco wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Assuming kuz comes of the bench, he's going to have a great opportunity to be 6th man of the Year.

Odom, Kukoc, Terry and Ginobili were the third best guys ... just let them control the game when they come in and finish when it matters
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#85 » by Kilroy » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:25 am

A lot of this is unknown right now... And it's not really about who the 3rd best player is from an individual standpoint... Although, I personally think Green would torch Kuz in a game of 1:1... But even if that's not the case, whoever starts won't need to beat Green, he'll need to prove he's a better fit with the other starters.
Green's defensive instincts and lateral quickness are going to be more valuable than any offensive production superiority Kuz may have.
But who knows... That's what training camp's for.

Personally, I'd rather let Kuz play free with the second unit and give him the leeway to create more, than tell him to just hit occasional spot up 3s and defend for LeBron on the starting 5... That to me, makes us much more imposing.

There is this:
Read on Twitter
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:31 pm

kblo247 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Odom, Kukoc, Terry and Ginobili were the third best guys ... just let them control the game when they come in and finish when it matters

Kuzma is not a sixth man, although he’d surely be a great one. Kuz is part of our starting five, our third best player.

Modern era NBA titles:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#87 » by iamworthy » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:40 pm

Kilroy wrote:A lot of this is unknown right now... And it's not really about who the 3rd best player is from an individual standpoint... Although, I personally think Green would torch Kuz in a game of 1:1... But even if that's not the case, whoever starts won't need to beat Green, he'll need to prove he's a better fit with the other starters.
Green's defensive instincts and lateral quickness are going to be more valuable than any offensive production superiority Kuz may have.

Personally, I'd rather let Kuz play free with the second unit and give him the leeway to create more, than tell him to just hit occasional spot up 3s and defend for LeBron on the starting 5... That to me, makes us much more imposing.

There is this:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, I agree. My money would be on Green as well. He's pretty much the perfect player to play along side of LeBron and AD.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#88 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:55 am

stan francisco wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Kuzma is not a sixth man, although he’d surely be a great one. Kuz is part of our starting five, our third best player.

Unless we are playing AD as the starting C I don't think Kuz will start. Okay, let's say, he is the third best player but he plays the same position as our top 2 players. Well, maybe he could start if we are really committed at playing Bron at the point.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:11 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Odom, Kukoc, Terry and Ginobili were the third best guys ... just let them control the game when they come in and finish when it matters

Unless we are playing AD as the starting C I don't think Kuz will start. Okay, let's say, he is the third best player but he plays the same position as our top 2 players. Well, maybe he could start if we are really committed at playing Bron at the point.

Bron should start at the one. Kuzma fits in the starting lineup either way at the three.

Modern era NBA titles:
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#90 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:18 pm

kblo247 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

I agree, t don’t know why some fans here are so obsessed on who should be in the starting 5. Pops used Manu, Kerr used Iggi, Phil used Odom, all these guys played significant roles from the bench and most of the time finish games and played valuable minutes. Lakers need that fresh infusion when AD and Lebron sits after the first 7-10 minutes and I don’t think Dudley can get it done.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#91 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:07 am

stan francisco wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Bron should start at the one. Kuzma fits in the starting lineup either way at the three.

So I assume our starting line up would be Bron - Green - Kuz - AD - Cousins / McGee? This could work out fine offensively but I don't know defensively against quick guards unlesss Kuz and Bron step it up a notch on the defensive end.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#92 » by zimpy27 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:35 pm

Kilroy wrote:A lot of this is unknown right now... And it's not really about who the 3rd best player is from an individual standpoint... Although, I personally think Green would torch Kuz in a game of 1:1... But even if that's not the case, whoever starts won't need to beat Green, he'll need to prove he's a better fit with the other starters.

There is this:
Read on Twitter

Yep, Kuzma's biggest skill is his ability to be a garbage man. Not in the traditional sense of putting back bricks but in the modern sense of scoring off offense systems that weren't designed for him to score. He has incredible instincts to score and that's what makes him a perfect 6th man. The starting 5 will have a system but that system gets more chaotic as rotations happen, you want Kuz playing in that chaos and so being the first off the bench starts his minutes right at the transition points of lineups.

I think Kuz can certainly be good enough as a starter but he's even better as a bench player. If any of LeBron, AD, Cousins/McGee are injured or resting then I can see Kuzma starting. If he wants starter minutes to gain more respect then that becomes a discussion with AD, asking if he wants to play the starting minutes as the C. Kuzma can't replace what Green gives you in the ability to defend guards.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by stan francisco » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:53 pm

Modern era NBA titles:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#94 » by iamworthy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#95 » by TKainZero » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:28 am

It will be interesting to see how Kuzma plays if he makes the team (team USA)

I hope he just does great
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by stan francisco » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:00 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

I agree, t don’t know why some fans here are so obsessed on who should be in the starting 5. Pops used Manu, Kerr used Iggi, Phil used Odom, all these guys played significant roles from the bench and most of the time finish games and played valuable minutes. Lakers need that fresh infusion when AD and Lebron sits after the first 7-10 minutes and I don’t think Dudley can get it done.

Iggy, Manu, Odom are different players than Kuz. He fits the best with this team when he plays next to LBJ and off the ball. The players you mention are well rounded players who can facilitate and be the main facilitators. A Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford type is a great sixth man because they can score in bunches singlehandedly off of individual skill and dribbling. Not that Kuz couldn’t score a bunch against second unit defenses, but it’s still the wrong way to use him.

In my opinion, Kuz is ideally not that guy. Ideally, he’s a starter. He’s our third best player, but not that kind of third best player.

Modern era NBA titles:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#97 » by iamworthy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#98 » by Kilroy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 am

TKainZero wrote:It will be interesting to see how Kuzma plays if he makes the team (team USA)

I hope he just does great

He's a finalist:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/usa-basketball-names-17-finalists-for-fiba-world-cup-team/ar-AAFClxd
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#99 » by ROballer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:34 am

Well Lowry and Smart aren't making the team since they're injured, hence the Derrick White/De'Aron Fox add.

I don't expect Bagley to make the team either, he's too raw for a tournament like this.

So Kuzma basically needs to beat 2 other players for a spot. Maybe it will play itself out if other guys get injured in the next two weeks.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#100 » by TKainZero » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:52 pm

ROballer wrote:Well Lowry and Smart aren't making the team since they're injured, hence the Derrick White/De'Aron Fox add.

I don't expect Bagley to make the team either, he's too raw for a tournament like this.

So Kuzma basically needs to beat 2 other players for a spot. Maybe it will play itself out if other guys get injured in the next two weeks.

There isn’t many “big centers” on the roster. Bagley isn’t a nba center, but I believe he would play center internationally. So we really want plumblee out there?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers