Vince Carter Agrees To One-Year Deal With Hawks

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Vince Carter Agrees To One-Year Deal With Hawks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:18 am

Vince Carter has agreed to a one-year deal with the Atlanta Hawks.

Carter will retire following his record 22nd NBA season.

Carter will pass Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Willis and Robert Parish, all of whom played 21 NBA seasons.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Re: Vince Carter Agrees To One-Year Deal With Hawks 

Post#2 » by Pennebaker » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:31 am

Why?
alienpick
Starter
And1: 614

Post#3 » by alienpick » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:10 am

You suck Masai. You lost Kawhi (which we can forgive) but you couldn’t even sign Vince for us? Boo!
alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Post#4 » by alphatron10 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:50 am

alienpick wrote:You suck Masai. You lost Kawhi (which we can forgive) but you couldn’t even sign Vince for us? Boo!

i predict trade deadline deal to the raptors
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#5 » by Trailbreaker » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:30 am

Aren’t the TNT Studios based in Atlanta? Vince probably picked the Hawks based on that.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#6 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:55 am

alienpick wrote:You suck Masai. You lost Kawhi (which we can forgive) but you couldn’t even sign Vince for us? Boo!

He'll prob sign a one day contract at the end of the season.
Credits to Jstock12
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#7 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:17 am

Vince gave the team a good veteran presence
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#8 » by dice » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:21 am

i find it VERY hard to believe that many raptors fans feel that way about one of the best GMs in the league...who just played a major role in bringing them their first ever title

back on topic, i'm disappointed that vince doesn't play until he's clearly washed up. would be interesting to see how long he could go
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:26 am

'bout time, Vince! Mad luv for you in ATown

My baby momma calls dudes like you mensch
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#10 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:28 am

Trailbreaker wrote:Aren’t the TNT Studios based in Atlanta? Vince probably picked the Hawks based on that.

ESPN's campus is just up the road from Boston... guess if he was about broadcasting that could also have been an option. Even NY would have been good if he was after air time.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#11 » by whoknows » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:18 pm

Raptors should've picked him, Masai missed the marketing opportunity.
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 775

Post#12 » by mulamutti » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:27 pm

Vince has zero value to the raptors. I hope the hawks just waive him towards the end of the season, and Raps pick him up on a 10-day to do a retirement bash to the finish line. That's about all he needs from the raptors.
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#13 » by BasketballJunky » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:34 pm

First thing why is he not signing to contenders.
Does he enjoy losing ?
Secondly raptors and vince should never be cordial again.
Carry on Vince go fo a retirement home thing in New Jersey
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,349

Post#14 » by PerfectJab » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:44 pm

dice wrote:

i find it VERY hard to believe that many raptors fans feel that way about one of the best GMs in the league...who just played a major role in bringing them their first ever title

back on topic, i'm disappointed that vince doesn't play until he's clearly washed up. would be interesting to see how long he could go

Well it does make sense to bring VC back given that the Raptors are now a WINNING team.

Good to bring him back so that us Rap's fan can be all nostalgic about the Raptor"s LOSER era.

Excellent decision by Masai. You don't continue a winning culture by adding perennial losers to your team.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,349

Post#15 » by PerfectJab » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:51 pm

dice wrote:

Trust me, it's not the norm among Raptor's fans.

Vince is already washed up! His defense is atrocious and does he ever look slow on the floor! He's a beneficiary of the soft league of today where defense is created through offense.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#16 » by D21 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:53 pm

whoknows wrote:Raptors should've picked him, Masai missed the marketing opportunity.

At this point, we don't know if TOR made an offer or not. Just that Carter add several offers, included one from ATL, and he decided to pick this one. Maybe he didn't have one from TOR, but maybe he had one and refused
donemilio21
Veteran
And1: 763

Post#17 » by donemilio21 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:31 pm

He should get an invite to play for Team USA
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#18 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:08 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
dice wrote:

Vince is already washed up! His defense is atrocious and does he ever look slow on the floor! He's a beneficiary of the soft league of today where defense is created through offense.

You say today's league is soft but you do realize players actually have more injuries and break down more in this era than in the previous era's that nearly every player is pushed to their physical peak.. This era is tougher on the body than past era's..
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#19 » by whoknows » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:14 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
dice wrote:i find it VERY hard to believe that many raptors fans feel that way about one of the best GMs in the league...who just played a major role in bringing them their first ever title

You say today's league is soft but you do realize players actually have more injuries and break down more in this era than in the previous era's that nearly every player is pushed to their physical peak.. This era is tougher on the body than past era's..

Not is not!
Before 90ties players were allowed "touch defense"which in reality translated in a lot more: pushes, grabs, kicks, punches, etc.
MJ & other greats would score a lot, lot more in today's "no touch" defense.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 7,987

Post#20 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:37 pm

You're a head scratcher.

Return to Wiretap Discussion