ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, King of Canada, Capn'O, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, Thugger HBC, K-DOT

User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,842
And1: 2,923
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#321 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:00 pm

Diaz goes from looking unhittable, to giving up gopher balls lmao

Never seen some1 do it at his extremes. Either homer or strikeout
Jeffrey
Analyst
Posts: 3,545
And1: 1,649
Joined: Aug 02, 2010
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#322 » by Jeffrey » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:41 pm

I feel like Diaz is just a thrower and not a pitcher. He is just throwing hard and hopefully, it lands somewhere in the strike zone.
Jeffrey
Analyst
Posts: 3,545
And1: 1,649
Joined: Aug 02, 2010
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#323 » by Jeffrey » Sun Aug 4, 2019 10:29 pm

Great outing but god damn Familia.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 54,473
And1: 22,680
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#324 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:08 am

Jeffrey wrote:Great outing but god damn Familia.


Time for him to come up with some back pain ... or something. :noway:

Good news is that we took 2/3, as needed. Now, let do - at least - to the Marlins at home the next three games.

Also, Syndergaard looking good since the ASG. :D
Image
egelband
Rookie
Posts: 1,030
And1: 219
Joined: Jan 13, 2009

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#325 » by egelband » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:26 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Great outing but god damn Familia.


Time for him to come up with some back pain ... or something. :noway:

Good news is that we took 2/3, as needed. Now, let do - at least - to the Marlins at home the next three games.

Also, Syndergaard looking good since the ASG. :D


I don't want to oversell it, but it appears Syndergaard is finally learning/willing to pitch to contact. At least until he gets in a pickle.
He is so strong and his stuff is so good, he can just pump strikes and get weak contact all day. Maybe it's Regan's influence- I don't know. But if true, it's huge.
I dunno.
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,463
And1: 3,241
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
         

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#326 » by Stannis » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:22 pm

No need for closers if we continue to have 5+ run leads.
#Yang2020

R.I.P. magnumt :beer:
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,463
And1: 3,241
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
         

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#327 » by Stannis » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:54 pm

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50663/Edwin-Diaz-May-Lose-Job-As-Mets-Closer

So who is the next closer?

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50661/Robinson-Cano-To-Have-MRI-After-Hurting-Hamstring

And of course, when Cano is finally showing good signs, he needs to have his hamstring MRIed.
#Yang2020

R.I.P. magnumt :beer:
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 54,473
And1: 22,680
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#328 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:54 pm

Stannis wrote:https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50663/Edwin-Diaz-May-Lose-Job-As-Mets-Closer

So who is the next closer?

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50661/Robinson-Cano-To-Have-MRI-After-Hurting-Hamstring

And of course, when Cano is finally showing good signs, he needs to have his hamstring MRIed.


Steroid injuries about to catch up with Cano?

If the Mets replace Diaz, which I think would be a bad move, then it has to be Lugo. I'd rather we go "bullpen by committee" than to "demote" Diaz which could really adversely affect his confidence.
Image
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,463
And1: 3,241
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
         

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#329 » by Stannis » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50663/Edwin-Diaz-May-Lose-Job-As-Mets-Closer

So who is the next closer?

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50661/Robinson-Cano-To-Have-MRI-After-Hurting-Hamstring

And of course, when Cano is finally showing good signs, he needs to have his hamstring MRIed.


Steroid injuries about to catch up with Cano?

If the Mets replace Diaz, which I think would be a bad move, then it has to be Lugo. I'd rather we go "bullpen by committee" than to "demote" Diaz which could really adversely affect his confidence.

I agree on the bullpen by committee. Seems like the wisest thing to do.

We are so limited in bullpen arms, which is why I still don't understand the Mets trading Vargas for a PB&J sandwich. I understand they are trying to save money, but that is contradicting to their "win now approach". Or they could have tried flipping him for a reliever.

We could have used Matz or Vargas as a spot starter and in the pen.

Once our starters pitch their 6 innings, I still feel uncomfortable with a 5+ run lead. fck man lol
#Yang2020

R.I.P. magnumt :beer:
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 54,473
And1: 22,680
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#330 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:12 pm

Stannis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50663/Edwin-Diaz-May-Lose-Job-As-Mets-Closer

So who is the next closer?

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/50661/Robinson-Cano-To-Have-MRI-After-Hurting-Hamstring

And of course, when Cano is finally showing good signs, he needs to have his hamstring MRIed.


Steroid injuries about to catch up with Cano?

If the Mets replace Diaz, which I think would be a bad move, then it has to be Lugo. I'd rather we go "bullpen by committee" than to "demote" Diaz which could really adversely affect his confidence.

I agree on the bullpen by committee. Seems like the wisest thing to do.

We are so limited in bullpen arms, which is why I still don't understand the Mets trading Vargas for a PB&J sandwich. I understand they are trying to save money, but that is contradicting to their "win now approach". Or they could have tried flipping him for a reliever.

We could have used Matz or Vargas as a spot starter and in the pen.

Once our starters pitch their 6 innings, I still feel uncomfortable with a 5+ run lead. fck man lol


The Mets traded Vargas over the incident with the Newsday reporter.

I'm counting on Rhame being able to contribute and for Gsellman to pitch well. Wilson and Avilan have been nice from the left side.
Image
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,463
And1: 3,241
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
         

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#331 » by Stannis » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The Mets traded Vargas over the incident with the Newsday reporter.

I'm counting on Rhame being able to contribute and for Gsellman to pitch well. Wilson and Avilan have been nice from the left side.
That's why I was thinking as well... And it makes sense. But I still don't get why this wouldn't put Calloway in danger of getting fired. Like... why do the Wilpons love Calloway but not like Vargas?

And trading him to a division rival for a Triple A scrub....
#Yang2020

R.I.P. magnumt :beer:
Jeffrey
Analyst
Posts: 3,545
And1: 1,649
Joined: Aug 02, 2010
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#332 » by Jeffrey » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:54 pm

Read on Twitter


Only the Mets. Who the eff did we trade to have this fcking voodoo curse on us?
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,842
And1: 2,923
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#333 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:34 am

Can finally let McNeil play his natural position, then he gets hurt lmao

Hope it’s just a cramp
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 23,500
And1: 16,285
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#334 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:24 am

3 big homers (Davis, Conforto, Alonso) and the Mets take the lead!
Image Image

We The North...

1: Sexton | Collison | Mudiay
2: Redick | Harris | Burks
3: Knox | Hood | Korver
4: Towns | Portis | Randolph
5: Cousins | ✖ | Jones

G League: Dotson | Caboclo | Konate
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,842
And1: 2,923
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#335 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:47 am

Lugo is **** filthy
Jeffrey
Analyst
Posts: 3,545
And1: 1,649
Joined: Aug 02, 2010
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#336 » by Jeffrey » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:04 am

OMFG.... wow!
melo4three
Junior
Posts: 263
And1: 162
Joined: Jul 24, 2019
     

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#337 » by melo4three » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:01 am

This feels like the 2015 mets
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 45,007
And1: 9,577
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#338 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:15 am

he's not a prospect by any means, but he should be because his defense is elite.

watch out for ali sanchez, he'll be nothing more than a backup but a backup with elite framing, elite, popup time, and elite throwing arm. he's legitimately one of the best defensive catchers in the minors.

he's thrown over 170 runners out in the minors at a 46% clip.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 54,473
And1: 22,680
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#339 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:31 am

METS POWER
Image
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,463
And1: 3,241
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
         

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#340 » by Stannis » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:15 pm

eh, Mets had a pretty easy schedule as of late. I'd like to see how they start doing against better opponents.

Cano out for season after he was starting to look ok. Damn.
#Yang2020

R.I.P. magnumt :beer:

Return to New York Knicks