Sixers vs the Bucks and the rest of the east

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Sixers vs the Bucks and the rest of the east 

Post#41 » by LloydFree » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Thread title seems accurate enough until maybe the Nets get healthy a season from now or Boston gets some NBA bigs. Should be an epic defensive battle.

I expect Boston to be a lot better than people are anticipating. They gotta get their rotation right and stop playing dudes out of position though.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#42 » by PhilasFinest » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:52 pm

The Nets were a pretty tough out last season, and they just added Kyrie. The young guys could get better with another year of experience and they seem to be well coached....I wouldn't sleep on them OR the Hawks, who are quietly developing as really nice young squad.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#43 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:00 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:The Nets were a pretty tough out last season, and they just added Kyrie. The young guys could get better with another year of experience and they seem to be well coached....I wouldn't sleep on them OR the Hawks, who are quietly developing as really nice young squad.

They were a pretty easy out all things considered. They lost in 5 including some ugly blowouts to a team that was load managing its best player, Butler got kicked out of a game and so on. Gonna be a pretty different team this year though.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#44 » by youngcrev » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:58 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:The Nets were a pretty tough out last season, and they just added Kyrie. The young guys could get better with another year of experience and they seem to be well coached....I wouldn't sleep on them OR the Hawks, who are quietly developing as really nice young squad.

Were they though?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#45 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:10 am

Embiid's minutes played in that series was really wild looking back on it.

Game 1: 24
Game 2: 20
Game 3: DNP
Game 4: 31
Game 5: 20

Basically his rookie year level of minutes. Only they won a playoff series doing that.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#46 » by 76ciology » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 am

Both guys have Sixers over Bucks
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#47 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:58 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Were they though?

I meant during the season, and for the entire league, not just us in the playoffs.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
76ciology
RealGM

Post#48 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:45 am

Read on Twitter

Sure they can’t defend Giannis as good as kawhi, but those two are the best centers who can defend Giannis. And we all know the key to defend Giannis is having your center on him
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#49 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 10:58 am

youngcrev wrote:

Were they though?

76ciology
RealGM

Post#50 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:13 am

Nets could be very good

Guards: Dinwiddie, Lavert and Kyrie
Forwards: Prince, Kurucs, Wilson Chandler
C: DeAndre and Allen

Could be the top team in the east if our young guys don’t develop and when KD returns to 100%
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#51 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:22 am

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sure they can’t defend Giannis as good as kawhi, but those two are the best centers who can defend Giannis. And we all know the key to defend Giannis is having your center on him

Can't say that table tells me that Horford or Jojo are all that good at defending Giannis.

Maybe together they can do a better job, but separately thats not all that good in comparison to some pretty ordinary players.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#52 » by LloydFree » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:34 pm

76ciology wrote:Nets could be very good

Could be the top team in the east if our young guys don’t develop and when KD returns to 100%

I have a strong feeling that the Nets are going to disappoint a lot of people that believe they're going to be good this year. That roster isn't good. One All-star and one other above average player (Lavert). Wouldn't surprise me if Miami finished ahead of them.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#53 » by PhillyPhilly » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:39 pm

76ciology wrote:Nets could be very good

Lol at the same folks hyping up the nets today like they did before our playoff series against them last season..what was the saying? Oh yeah.."they are the worst possible match-up for us" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yall never learn.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#54 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:44 pm

Spoiler:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can't say that table tells me that Horford or Jojo are all that good at defending Giannis.

Maybe together they can do a better job, but separately thats not all that good in comparison to some pretty ordinary players.

Not trying to sound like Trump but...

Create a wall.

Read on Twitter

With out length, i think its very doable
76ciology
RealGM

Post#55 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:48 pm

Building off that, over seven games in last year’s playoffs, Horford guarded Antetokounmpo for 161 possessions. Antetokounmpo scored 62 points on 24-of-44 shooting was fouled while shooting eight times. He had eight assists, nine turnovers and had his shot blocked three times, including once by Horford. Again, Horford was pretty successful against Antetokounmpo.

Horford’s defense on Giannis during 2017-2018 playoffs
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#56 » by bball4life » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:33 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really?? If Giannis averages 51 points in 100 possessions in the playoffs the Sixers will sweep the Bucks.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#57 » by youngcrev » Wed Aug 7, 2019 10:33 am

For as much as we talk about Ben needing to improve his jumper, you think Giannis isn't going to be in the gym all summer working on that? That guy has improved his game in leaps and bounds every year. If that guy ever develops a reliable jumper the league is in even more trouble than they already are.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#58 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:08 pm

youngcrev wrote:For as much as we talk about Ben needing to improve his jumper, you think Giannis isn't going to be in the gym all summer working on that? That guy has improved his game in leaps and bounds every year. If that guy ever develops a reliable jumper the league is in even more trouble than they already are.

You know I think of it in terms of who will make a big jump, cause every player should be improving their game.

I think Giannis is probably the ideal player to make a big jump just cause of his work ethic alone, but he will be playing this summer in that BS so it could actually hold him back a bit. No matter what he does, he will never have the vision or ball handling of Ben, but he has everything else over Ben.

For me with Giannis, its more about what's around him and right now noone on that team really scares me whereas we just plain have more firepower. We have alot of length to matchup even better than we did last year against the Bucks, and while they will probably have the better regular season (coaching will do that, which we have a tendency to ignore with BB) we should be a nightmare for them in the playoffs.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#59 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:40 pm

youngcrev wrote:For as much as we talk about Ben needing to improve his jumper, you think Giannis isn't going to be in the gym all summer working on that? That guy has improved his game in leaps and bounds every year. If that guy ever develops a reliable jumper the league is in even more trouble than they already are.

Hmm..

If both Ben and Giannis improved their jumper, we’ll get the edge their.

And to defend him, we just use Bud’s old tricks. Which is to live with Giannis scoring on single coverage while not letting the other guys open looks. Something he did with D12 back then. We’ll be more effective because we’re more equipped defensively.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#60 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Giannis' average field goal distance has shrunk in three straight seasons. He ain't even trying to add range to his game.

He's just going to keep trying to run through people. That's all well and good for his numbers and highlights, but he ain't going to have any playoff success.

F version of Westbrook.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers