Utah Jazz Players in the FIBA World Cup(in China)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Utah Jazz Players in the FIBA World Cup(in China) 

Post#41 » by stitches » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:54 pm

France is playing against Tunisia today, in about 2.5 hours.
Hikari
Starter
And1: 255

Post#42 » by Hikari » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:21 pm

stitches wrote:France is playing against Tunisia today, in about 2.5 hours.

thanks if you get a link again let me know
stitches
RealGM

Post#43 » by stitches » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:04 pm

Hikari wrote:
stitches wrote:France is playing against Tunisia today, in about 2.5 hours.

thanks if you get a link again let me know

Seems like the link for last game's stream will be the one to go to today, too:
It is against RealGM rules to post such links.

It will be on one of the RMC Sports channels, I just don't know on which one. If the link above doesn't work try:
It is against RealGM rules to post such links.
stitches
RealGM

Post#44 » by stitches » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:32 pm

Game is under way... Gobert Starts vs Salah Mejri

France trying to post up Gobert... lol He gets and 1.

Rudy is out after 8 minutes... 5 pts, 3rbs, 1ast 2/2 from the field, 1/1 from FT.

Owned the 1st quarter. Best player on the floor.

--------

Theo Maledon playing for France a bit. He's projected lottery pick next draft.

Also, the guy Boston signed Poirier looking good.

Rudy back in with 6 minutes to go in the second quarter.

Filthy block for Gobert. :D

End of Q2. Gobert has 8/4/2/1 statline 3/3 from the field. 2/4 from FT.
---------
start of Q3... Collet is doing the exact same thing he did last time - he's not starting his starters in the second half. He's weird...

Gobert back in the game with 4 mins to go in Q3.

Gobert scores on yet another post up. They are letting him establish deep position and feeding him the ball against smaller defenders. He's not missed yet. 3/3 on those postups.

Gobert exits the game with 6 minutes to go in a blowout win, finishes the game with 12/5/2/2 statline 4/4 from the field 4/6 from the line.

Maledon looks good BTW. Looks better than Exum was at that age. He also looks better than Frank Ntilikina is right now and he's 3 years younger. I wouldn't be shocked if he's drafted pretty high next year.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#45 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:45 pm

Just to make sure everyone sees this, as much as we'd all like to post links to live games, it is against RealGM rules. Please don't do that.

Spoiler:
If you use PMs, well, I can't stop you. Wink wink.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#46 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:18 am

Read on Twitter
stitches
RealGM

Post#47 » by stitches » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:54 am

Read on Twitter
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#48 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:57 pm

Team USA's Green Monster: A Boston quartet could take on the world
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27335642/team-usa-green-monster-boston-quartet-take-world

The above story is about Walker, Tatum, Brown and Smart bonding in Las Vegas while there for the national team. Gordon Hayward is only mentioned once in the story. Imo, he is the odd man out. Based on flashes of what I saw last season, I suspect Hayward will be physically ready to play at a high level this season, but I am not sure a much bigger role for Hayward is in the cards given the Cetlics' depth at wing. It will be interesting to see how the roles play out.

What a dramatic turn of events for Hayward. He went to Boston expecting to be a star, expecting to be a virtual lock for All Star team from the East, and yet here he is sitting at home again while four teammates are bonding on the national team without him. The best thing that could have happened to Hayward imo would have been if he could have been on the national team with Boston newcomer Walker without his intra-team rivals.

For the Celtics' prospects overall, I think it is a pretty cool thing that four of their players are able to go through structured practices this summer directed by Popovitch, Kerr and Van Gundy. I kind of wish Mike Conley was there to get things rolling with Donovan, but at age 31, I am also glad that Conley is able to work through his summer preparatory routine without interruption.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#49 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:32 pm

Another article on Donovan where talks about the risk/reward of playing for Team USA. Perhaps the most interesting thing are his comments on defense. I don't actually think Mitchell is a bad defender. He's not the defensive force that we thought he may be out of college, but I still thought he was a good defender considering his offensive load. But I know there are mixed feelings on this.

Donovan seems disappointed in his defense, which is good regardless of how good he actually was. It's always a good thing to want to do more on defense, and I think he's more capable than in the past because he'll use less energy on offense.

“If we’re being honest, I couldn’t be happy with my defense last year, I definitely need some improvement there. I look at some of the great players in this league. Those guys are two-way players. I want to be that. I want to be good on both ends of the floor. I wasn’t happy with my defensive effort last year, so I really want to improve in that area.”

https://theathletic.com/1122453/2019/08/07/the-world-cup-according-to-donovan-mitchell-and-the-pros-and-cons-of-playing-in-it/
stitches
RealGM

Post#50 » by stitches » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:20 pm

Windhorst says the guy that's been most impressive is Donovan Mitchell.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#51 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:04 pm

Tonight is the scrimmage between the Senior team and Select team. People are expecting the game to be competitive as players from both teams compete to make the final roster. The game will be broadcast live on NBA TV at 10pm ET. I am looking forward to watching. I would love to see Mitchell bring it like he has reportedly been bringing it in practice.

Team USA Notebook: Scrimmage could see hints of final roster
https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/08/team-usa-notebook-scrimmage-preview

Snips: This is the last chance for guys (on either team) to earn a trip to Los Angeles for the next phase of training camp, which begins Tuesday night. And for that, it should be a pretty competitive game.

"The thing that I love is our intensity in practice," Kemba Walker said Thursday. "We're getting after it, every possession, every drill. The communication level is so high."

The closest thing to a certainty with this (expected final) roster is that the starting backcourt will be Walker and Donovan Mitchell. The two have played together quite a bit in camp, Mitchell has looked like a budding star, and it's fair to say that Walker has enjoyed the partnership.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#52 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:56 pm

The Australia Boomers have never won a medal. They took fourth place in the 2016 Olympics. Here is their projected final roster for World Cup below. It looks like a pretty good roster, but it would look a lot better if Ben Simmons was playing. Simmons says he wants to focus on getting ready for the coming NBA season. I wish Ingles was focusing on getting ready for the upcoming NBA season as well, but Ingles has dreamed of playing for Australia and winning a medal since he was a small kid, and he believes the Boomers are close.

8/6/19 Fox Sports Australia picks (projects) a 12-man Boomers team for the 2019 FIBA World Cup
https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/fiba-world-cup/fox-sports-australia-picks-a-12man-boomers-team-for-the-2019-fiba-world-cup/news-story/14c2cc17bc633dfdc4e14557c528a8df
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#53 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm

8/10/19 Joe Ingles: “Hopefully, we can be the first team to bring a medal back to Australia”
https://www.talkbasket.net/49815-joe-ingles

stitches
RealGM

Post#54 » by stitches » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 am

Read on Twitter
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#55 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

With all these withdrawals, I think some of us may have a chance to qualify. I want to see a Mitchell-GobertReport back court.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#56 » by stitches » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:30 am

Windhorst and Simmons talk a lot about Mitchell. Windhorst says he's watched 5 scrimmages and Donovan is the guy that has exploded on the scene and everyone at Team USA camp is talking about. They talk a bit about the Jazz and Mitchell's season next year.
stitches
RealGM

Post#57 » by stitches » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:42 am

France has a game today:
Read on Twitter
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#58 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:22 pm

stitches wrote:Windhorst and Simmons talk a lot about Mitchell. Windhorst says he's watched 5 scrimmages and Donovan is the guy that has exploded on the scene and everyone at Team USA camp is talking about. They talk a bit about the Jazz and Mitchell's season next year.

Team USA, DM included, was just blown out by a bunch of d-league players. Imho, a starting lineup of Walker-DM-Barnes-Tucker-Lopez isn't that great. I don't think it would make the playoffs in the west and possibly even the east. It's only one practice\scrimmage, but Team USA looks like a a very vulnerable team this time around.

US men's basketball team was blown out by random G League and overseas players in a scrimmage
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/08/14/team-usa-was-blown-out-by-random-g-league-and-overseas-players-in-a-scrimmage/39961757/

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#59 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:Windhorst and Simmons talk a lot about Mitchell. Windhorst says he's watched 5 scrimmages and Donovan is the guy that has exploded on the scene and everyone at Team USA camp is talking about. They talk a bit about the Jazz and Mitchell's season next year.

Team USA, DM included, was just blown out by a bunch of d-league players. Imho, a starting lineup of Walker-DM-Barnes-Tucker-Lopez isn't that great. I don't think it would make the playoffs in the west and possibly even the east. It's only one practice\scrimmage, but Team USA looks like a a very vulnerable team this time around.

US men's basketball team was blown out by random G League and overseas players in a scrimmage
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/08/14/team-usa-was-blown-out-by-random-g-league-and-overseas-players-in-a-scrimmage/39961757/

Apparently, they lost twice to them the same day-
Read on Twitter
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#60 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 pm

France is getting smacked right now. Something is off about the way they play. Might just be Ntlikina and Okobo being trash.

Return to Utah Jazz