Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Re: The Jarrett Culver Thread 

Post#261 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Wolf Wiggum 41
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#262 » by Wolf Wiggum 41 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 7:24 pm

Sounds good. Can‘t wait to see him play in a Wolves‘ uniform.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#263 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 7:40 pm

Means nothing!
Brandon Clarke was the best player at SL, we could have had him at #11 and still had very valuable asset in Saric.
Fire Rosas now! He has failed us.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#264 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:16 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Means nothing!
Brandon Clarke was the best player at SL, we could have had him at #11 and still had very valuable asset in Saric.
Meh.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#265 » by Neeva » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:42 pm

Is this sarcasm?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#266 » by KGdaBom » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:44 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Those are very nice to hear. :D

Isn't Grgrich the guy on Parks and Rec that was always mistreated by everybody?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#267 » by KGdaBom » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:47 pm

King Ken wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
King Ken wrote:Not a big fan, I been pretty down on him. I liken him to Evan Turner. But what I like is his passing potential as he is a great decision maker. Not that he is advanced but his decision making is legit. His biggest gift is his off the ball movement speed and feel. He looks like Reggie Miller in movement. I think that's something to build on honestly. Other than that, he's gonna take sometime.

His shooting development is his most critical need. It's the difference between a good #3/#4 option and a legit menace and multiple time all star and potential HOF. His floor is higher than Turner just due to his decision making and movement alone.

Gerson had a clear top five w Culver in that group.
We were fortunate the Hawks gm fell in love a role player at #4.

The right and ideal role player I might add. We could have chose the wrong one.

The Hawks had that choice. The Wolves didn't. Hopefully they both have long and meritorious NBA careers only Culvers a little better. :D
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#268 » by King Ken » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:32 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
King Ken wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
Gerson had a clear top five w Culver in that group.
We were fortunate the Hawks gm fell in love a role player at #4.

The right and ideal role player I might add. We could have chose the wrong one.

The Hawks had that choice. The Wolves didn't. Hopefully they both have long and meritorious NBA careers only Culvers a little better. :D

Likewise but in Hunter's favor.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#269 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:15 pm

Neeva wrote:

Is this sarcasm?

:nod:
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#270 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:21 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:
Meh.

That's what I said about those guys anointing Clarke as the best player to come out of this draft.
Would Clarke have been the best if the top draftees would have played?
Maybe, probably not. But some act as if Rosas screwed the cow by trading up to get what is clearly a bust in JC, as opposed to staying at #11 and getting the future HOF'er in Clarke. (And keeping Saric and his valuable skills as an asset.)
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#271 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:26 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Meh.

That's what I said about those guys anointing Clarke as the best player to come out of this draft.
Maybe, probably not. But some act as if Rosas screwed the cow by trading up to get what is clearly a bust in JC, as opposed to staying at #11 and getting the future HOF'er in Clarke. (And keeping Saric and his valuable skills as an asset.)

I've never heard of anybody anointing Clarke as the best player coming from this draft. Most believe that to be Zion and a few think it's Ja. I was one who thought Clarke would likely be the best player at #11. Most of the people who wish we had stayed at #11 wanted that kid playing in France that I no longer remember his name. I without question prefer having Culver to Clarke. I haven't heard anybody that believes JC is clearly a bust, but some have questioned his 3 point shooting.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#272 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:03 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:Meh.

I've never heard of anybody anointing Clarke as the best player coming from this draft. Most believe that to be Zion and a few think it's Ja. I was one who thought Clarke would likely be the best player at #11. Most of the people who wish we had stayed at #11 wanted that kid playing in France that I no longer remember his name. I without question prefer having Culver to Clarke. I haven't heard anybody that believes JC is clearly a bust, but some have questioned his 3 point shooting.

There are a few who think Rosas messed up by trading down and giving up Saric. They saw what Clarke was doing in SL and saw him as the better player even without watching Culver play. I don't want to look it up, but it's out there if someone wants to look hard enough.
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#273 » by Macwolf527 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:Meh.

It was Culver's 3pt shooting that worried me a bit too, but that was tempered some once I learned he made some changes to his mechanics last year. I think most of the Clarke talk was based on his success in summer league. Like you, all I ever heard was the likelihood of him being the best pick at #11. I was NOT one of them. I liked about 5-6 guys outside of the top 10 ahead of him for the Timberwolves. I truly believe Culver will be a top player in this league. He has so many intangibles and he has a fire brewing in his belly. Lastly, he's a leader and you can never have enough of them.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#274 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:18 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

There are a few who think Rosas messed up by trading down and giving up Saric. They saw what Clarke was doing in SL and saw him as the better player even without watching Culver play. I don't want to look it up, but it's out there if someone wants to look hard enough.

I think you were using a bit of hyperbole in your prior post. Yes everything you say in this post is true. Clarke and NAW are two players that looked so good in SL. Plus there is the Kid playing in France that so many liked. It is certainly debatable whether trading Saric to move up to 6 was the right move considering the talent that went 11 and later. Time will tell if it was the right move. I think it was and I hope it was.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#275 » by minimus » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#276 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:44 am

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm going crazy waiting for the Wolves to start camp and see the new players particularly Culver in exhibition games. Since he didn't play in SL we never got that fix.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#277 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 1, 2019 6:07 am

"I've talked to a couple insiders who have seen the guys working out, and they both told me Jarrett Culver is going to impress us pretty quickly. That he has had some really good moments the last three weeks." -Chad Hartman

"My job is to be low key and conservative as much as possible, but it's been a very fun three weeks to watch.....That guy's work ethic, commitment and passion to be great is pretty special." -Gersson Rosas
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#278 » by minimus » Tue Oct 1, 2019 7:10 am

Klomp wrote:"I've talked to a couple insiders who have seen the guys working out, and they both told me Jarrett Culver is going to impress us pretty quickly. That he has had some really good moments the last three weeks." -Chad Hartman

"My job is to be low key and conservative as much as possible, but it's been a very fun three weeks to watch.....That guy's work ethic, commitment and passion to be great is pretty special." -Gersson Rosas

I am really curious to see Culver in action.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#279 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue Oct 1, 2019 11:35 am

Will he start?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#280 » by Foye » Tue Oct 1, 2019 2:38 pm

Culver is going to be a pretty decent player I believe. Right pick for once.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves