ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tribe
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,531

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#121 » by Tribe » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:10 am

vbmeer wrote:
Centre Court wrote:
vbmeer wrote:There were plenty of people in bars cheering when he was limping off the court knowing it was an injury. Pointless to sweep it under the rug like a politician, embrace the ugliness, it's part of the championship run forever when the story is retold.

Uh, you do know that was not a real video? It was a doctored clip from a few years ago of fans cheering a British soccer team scoring a goal. See the English flags under the video screen?

Read on Twitter

Uh, did I post or reference that particular clip anywhere in my post?
https://webmshare.com/play/DBd8M

Bottom was fake first is likely fake too lol
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#122 » by Oakville_Raptor » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:20 am

Karma will strike Durant and it'll be glorious...get ready for a very subpar rest of his career.

I still think him coming back so soon to play in the NBA finals will go down as one of the dumbest decisions in an NBA players career.
Zebsterama
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#123 » by Zebsterama » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:23 am

kai_bouche wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Zebsterama wrote:
I’m curious, what makes you think that everyone who makes fun of his avoidable injury which has like cost him his career isn’t joking around?

Anyone that does joke about his potentially career ending injury is an arrogant piece of sh*t.
It's one thing to poke fun at a franchise, it's another to joke about a season ending/career ending injury.

No one wanted to admit they cheered right after it happened and now KD makes a little joke and all the dirt surfaces

I will admit - in the moment I was happy...very happy.

Did I cheer-no. Was I frickin thrilled because I knew Kevin would be out for the series and that was great for Toronto, hell yes.

Kevin is 100% right about our chances. At the same time if he’s really pissed about the handful of fans cheering his injury he needs to grow up. He needs to get pissed at himself and get his ego in check.

That injury is 1000000% on him, GS, and his doctors.

Those fans that cheered in one sense did his ego the biggest favour, they’ve helped him deflect blame.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#124 » by mowcrowbar » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:54 am

RyderMike wrote:Also the last time he will be in the Finals

Nah, he'll probably go to another superteam and snake his way into a few more titles when he realizes that the Kyrie-KD duo will never make the Finals.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#125 » by Drygon » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:12 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:Karma will strike Durant and it'll be glorious...get ready for a very subpar rest of his career.

At this point of Durant's career, it doesn't matter much. He is top 15 greatest players of all time. His legacy is set in stone.

I still think him coming back so soon to play in the NBA finals will go down as one of the dumbest decisions in an NBA players career.

Lol, no. 3 different doctors cleared Durant to play in the NBA Finals. Any competitive player would've done the same as Durant.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,980

Post#126 » by Mack11 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:37 am

Nobody was directly cheering that KD got injured that would imply that there was a vendetta against him personally. The story was he was killing us that game and the fact that he got injured meant we were closer to getting that ring. THats why ppl were cheering cause we're just one step closer to the goal, it wasnt malicious
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#127 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:51 am

Drygon wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:Karma will strike Durant and it'll be glorious...get ready for a very subpar rest of his career.

At this point of Durant's career, it doesn't matter much. He is top 15 greatest players of all time. His legacy is set in stone.

He's barely top 20. KG and Dirk had more impressive careers. His legacy isn't set in stone. He repeats twice with the Nets and he's surpassing Kobe.

Now tell me more about how he didn't get to play with Festus Ezeli and "prime" Bogut.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#128 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:59 am

But I thought drake was working on him ?

Better question. Who has drake actually worked on ?

The only thing he's working on is you guys bank account with his corny music..

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#129 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:13 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Drygon wrote:

He's barely top 20. KG and Dirk had more impressive careers. His legacy isn't set in stone. He repeats twice with the Nets and he's surpassing Kobe.

Now tell me more about how he didn't get to play with Festus Ezeli and "prime" Bogut.

Lol what? If you have a choice between Dirk, KG and Durant, you take Durant 10 out of 10 times. He is clearly better than both of those players and has a much better legacy. Have you people been watching the same player or does this strange hatred run that deep? Dirk was never even considered a top 3 player in the NBA in his entire career. KG... There's no point in even talking about this guy.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#130 » by whysoserious » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:20 pm

Love that the narrative continues on that "Raptors fans cheered for KD's injury".
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,705

Post#131 » by Quattro » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:31 pm

The fans who cheered when he got hurt are classless pieces of trash....just like Kevin Durant.

Never good enough to carry a team to a championship yourself the way Kawhi did last year. Now you don't have the splash brothers and Draymond to help you let's see how you do "Champ".
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#132 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:32 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Drygon wrote:

Lol what? If you have a choice between Dirk, KG and Durant, you take Durant 10 out of 10 times. He is clearly better than both of those players and has a much better legacy. Have you people been watching the same player or does this strange hatred run that deep? Dirk was never even considered a top 3 player in the NBA in his entire career. KG... There's no point in even talking about this guy.

What are you talking about? Dirk won a **** MVP and had a 2-3 year run where he was in the running for #1 player in the NBA. That Warriors collapse tarnished his legacy but be completely redeemed it with his GOAT upset of the Heatles.

There's a strange hatred here but it's yours of Dirk.

Same with KG. He won MVP and carried a team to the WCF whose best players were either crazy, about to be washed, or washed.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,446

Post#133 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:03 pm

Sorry dude but no one who watches basketball is taking KG or Dirk over KD.

KD is easily the better player out of the 3. If LeBron wasn't such a freak of nature, KD would be the best player of this generation.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,051

Post#134 » by carlosey » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:27 pm

the fans raised 30k for his charity but he doesnt mention that.

Seeing him rip his achilles just to manifest some hero ball moment is one of the most idiotic things Ive seen in pro sports.
MFS
Analyst
And1: 5,326

Post#135 » by MFS » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:33 pm

Probably the last time you play at a superstar level as well KD. I would bet on the Raptors getting back to a finals than you ever being the same superstar you once were after an Achilles injury,
Credit to Turbo_Zone

Casey again says, "I don't think someone dominated us, I wouldn't use that word."
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,683

Post#136 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:21 pm

KD joins a 73-9 team so he can sniff the finals and now is talking sh*t? That's rich.

Snake gonna snake. Not surprised.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#137 » by Hero » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:44 pm

Why do you guys let this trigger you? Really?
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#138 » by Alfred » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:50 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Drygon wrote:

He’s a better player than Dirk or KG, but a better legacy? Dirk and KG (even though he’s a prick) are two of the most respected NBA players ever. Durant did serious damage to his legacy by joining the team that beat him in order to win a Championship.

Dirk’s Championship in 2011 when he beat not only Durant/Westbrook/Harden in the WCF but also prime LeBron, Wade and Bosh is one of the most incredible performances ever. Durant would kill for that legacy.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#139 » by Natural11 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:26 pm

**** KD. Is there a more unlikable star in the league?
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#140 » by CrookedJ » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:27 pm

Mack11 wrote:Nobody was directly cheering that KD got injured that would imply that there was a vendetta against him personally. The story was he was killing us that game and the fact that he got injured meant we were closer to getting that ring. Thats why ppl were cheering cause we're just one step closer to the goal, it wasnt malicious

The story was more than that.

KD had been held over the Raps for the entire series to that point. A villain waiting in the wings. The idea that they could hold him out until they were truly in need and then Bam! bring him back and win the title. Like they were toying with us.

So for me when he went down it wasn't about him personally so much as GS losing the ace card that they had been threatening us with. So **** them.

Return to Toronto Raptors