ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Re: Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest 

Post#161 » by TheRealDeal » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:42 am

GG0701 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:
For what it's worth, they said it was taken this past weekend in the comments

Ya my bad. Perhaps that’s just how Kawhi is and he doesn’t like to waste clothing. Maybe left some boxes in Toronto so he didn’t have to pack that much coming back lol

Though I still don’t understand how that pic was posted by the suit company “6 days ago” from right now at 10pm which was last Thursday and how the pic would’ve been taken on Saturday which is what the guy said in the comments

The recent pic was Saturday. Maybe he’s talking about that? Because the can’t be in San Diego since Kawhi was here.

The post is geotagged

YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#162 » by YelloC » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:48 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

That wrap is not encouraging. I hope he doesn't try to play all 82 games to prove a point, he needs load management...

Then again, it's an issue for Clippers.

He’s standing as if his knee will hyperextend backward if he straightens his leg. I know when I’ve tweaked my knee I tend to stand like that.
Raptors board is turning me into an over analyzer. :o
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#163 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:51 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

That wrap is not encouraging. I hope he doesn't try to play all 82 games to prove a point, he needs load management...

That to me is the only thing that really stood out.

Kawhi is the same dude that wouldn't stop driving an old ass Tahoe, so him wearing a pair of shorts from our team and the championship hat is not a huge surprise or story. He's not like a lot of players/celebs that has to rock the latest fashion, his style was pretty basic before New Balance signed him. If not from what I seen he kept it simple. Wearing this stuff is just him coming back into town n likely thinking it's showing some love to TO, to show he still cherishes a shared moment n it wasn't anything personal which by now our fanbase should relax n understand.

But really when you get past that it appears he had some form of surgery. I know it was apparent he was playing through it but some still didn't really let it sink in that Kawhi does have injury concerns and there's a reason for the load management because his body breaks down. Kawhi has struggled with various injuries his whole career and now PG is struggling with his shoulders...

It's funny because my first thought about the LA teams was wondering if Bron at his age and AD with his own track record (although usually minor injuries) could remain healthy but there could be just as much concern (if not more) with LAC's 2 best players.

I know it sucks we're not the same team but next year is gonna be hella interesting for the entire league!
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
NBJ13
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Post#164 » by NBJ13 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:52 am

He's a champ, just wants to look the part. Can't pull off that look in Clipper gear.
GG0701
Junior
And1: 207

Post#165 » by GG0701 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:05 am

TheRealDeal wrote:
GG0701 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Ya my bad. Perhaps that’s just how Kawhi is and he doesn’t like to waste clothing. Maybe left some boxes in Toronto so he didn’t have to pack that much coming back lol

Though I still don’t understand how that pic was posted by the suit company “6 days ago” from right now at 10pm which was last Thursday and how the pic would’ve been taken on Saturday which is what the guy said in the comments

The recent pic was Saturday. Maybe he’s talking about that? Because the can’t be in San Diego since Kawhi was here.

The post is geotagged

Yeah that’s why I was saying there’s no way it can be Saturday. The last pic on their IG is from Saturday in Toronto and this was uploaded days before. I’m not sure why they’re not being honest about the date.
GG0701
Junior
And1: 207

Post#166 » by GG0701 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:08 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kawhi is the same dude that wouldn't stop driving an old ass Tahoe, so him wearing a pair of shorts from our team and the championship hat is not a huge surprise or story. He's not like a lot of players/celebs that has to rock the latest fashion, his style was pretty basic before New Balance signed him. If not from what I seen he kept it simple. Wearing this stuff is just him coming back into town n likely thinking it's showing some love to TO, to show he still cherishes a shared moment n it wasn't anything personal which by now our fanbase should relax n understand.

But really when you get past that it appears he had some form of surgery. I know it was apparent he was playing through it but some still didn't really let it sink in that Kawhi does have injury concerns and there's a reason for the load management because his body breaks down. Kawhi has struggled with various injuries his whole career and now PG is struggling with his shoulders...

It's funny because my first thought about the LA teams was wondering if Bron at his age and AD with his own track record (although usually minor injuries) could remain healthy but there could be just as much concern (if not more) with LAC's 2 best players.

I know it sucks we're not the same team but next year is gonna be hella interesting for the entire league!

This was most likely taken at the end of June so the knee brace makes total sense. I doubt he’s wearing it now.

Also he hasn’t really had downtime. He’s been popping up at events pretty regularly throughout the summer so I don’t think he’s had surgery.

Load management is for his quad. He played 70+ games in the two years before Zaza undercut him.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#167 » by DrCoach » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:29 pm

This is good, reminds players that this is a free agent destination
deep818
Assistant Coach
And1: 523

Post#168 » by deep818 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:46 pm

MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

When your ex still wears the friendship bracelet you made them.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#169 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:29 pm

DrCoach wrote:This is good, reminds players that this is a free agent destination

As if they care about that haha no other superstar is staying here unless it's a Canadian. It's time we start facing facts. American superstars simply rather be in a big American market. It's more beneficial to them in many ways.

When have you seen a free agent with Toronto on their destination list ?

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#170 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:55 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
DrCoach wrote:This is good, reminds players that this is a free agent destination

As if they care about that haha no other superstar is staying here unless it's a Canadian. It's time we start facing facts. American superstars simply rather be in a big American market. It's more beneficial to them in many ways.

Vince stayed. Bosh left cause the team was a dumpster fire. And Kawhi bailed on a better organization than ours.

I think people are too sensitive about this issue.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#171 » by v1n5anity » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:03 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:

Not sure if he was a free agent but for what it's worth, Porzingis had the Raps as one of his 4 preferred trade destinations. :D
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#172 » by 6ixSideSniper » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:01 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kawhi still drives and maintains his 97 Tahoe because his late father gifted him that car.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#173 » by 6ixSideSniper » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:02 pm

Also it’s weird seeing Kawhi wear Raptors gear now that he’s no longer a Raptor.

He wouldn’t be caught dead in any Raptors clothing outside of games/practices when he was here.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,964

Post#174 » by MEDIC » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:21 pm

hype_2004 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
Who gives a ****, NBA players love to visit the city in the SUMMER, but would never live here 365 days in the year.

I'm not a fan of absolutes and you shouldn't be too. I am 100% positive that there are plenty of NBA players who would live here all year long. Even if you remove the Canadians and those that are married to Canadians, there are many who would.

Name one American player that lived here 365 days a year and chose to become a Canadian citizen and put down his roots here.

Milt Palacio lived in Ottawa for a few years post retirement. I'm pretty sure Bayless lived here primarily. Didn't Amir mostly live here? Matt Bonner tried to become Canadian. Butch Carter still lives here. Glen Grunwald? Pinball Clemons?

:lol:

You're right though. Most people end up settling where they are from. I have bumped into quite a few NHL guys that are retired & live north of the city. Wendyl Clark, Cujo & Darcy Tucker come to mind. Those guys didn't run off to the US to live because their families are here & it feels like home to them.

Wendyl Clark's brother is a York Region cop. I bump into him from time to time. He looks exactly like Wendyl......only taller & bigger.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#175 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:29 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:

And Kawhi bailed on a better organization than ours.

He just went home i don't think that's true since they haven't done anything yet
gregdj
Starter
And1: 251

Post#176 » by gregdj » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:54 pm

Kawhi was spotted feeding geese on lakeshore. Maybe he's changing his mind? :roll:
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#177 » by DrCoach » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:49 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:

Kawhi Leonard
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#178 » by RaptorPride » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:41 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:

porzingis
durant
demar
Spoiler:

Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,930

Post#179 » by Ado05 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:17 pm

MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bring him back home ffs.
5ive4Fighting
Freshman
And1: 92

Post#180 » by 5ive4Fighting » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:07 pm

gregdj wrote:Kawhi was spotted feeding geese on lakeshore. Maybe he's changing his mind? :roll:

Was he feeding them Steve Ballmer?

Return to Toronto Raptors