Who Has Most Trade Value Poll (poll reset)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who Has Most Trade Value

Robert Covington
39%
Jarrett Culver
14%
Aaron Gordon
47%

Total votes: 87

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Who Has Most Trade Value Poll (poll reset) 

Post#1 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:08 pm

Yeah I Know, value can really depend on what your team is looking for, where they are at in the cycle (win vs. development), but vote with the good old value in general vacuum in mind...

D’Angelo Russell

He took top value of the 4.

Now who has next most value of the three...
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Who Has Most Trade Value Poll 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:50 pm

I'm a huge fan of Covington and not a fan of Russell, I like Gordan a lot (Culver doesn't belong in this poll IMO). With that I had to vote for Russell simply because he can control/change a game. Covington & Gordan are very good, but they are complimentary players. So in most teams' opinions, I suspect Russell gets the nod - by a lot.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#3 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:53 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I'm a huge fan of Covington and not a fan of Russell, I like Gordan a lot (Culver doesn't belong in this poll IMO). With that I had to vote for Russell simply because he can control/change a game. Covington & Gordan are very good, but they are complimentary players. So in most teams' opinions, I suspect Russell gets the nod - by a lot.

Hence the reason for this poll. You will find plenty of people that think Russell doesn’t have positive value (one extreme) with other like you putting him on the other end of spectrum.

And why doesn’t Culver belong in this poll?
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#4 » by jjohns828 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:09 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I'm a huge fan of Covington and not a fan of Russell, I like Gordan a lot (Culver doesn't belong in this poll IMO). With that I had to vote for Russell simply because he can control/change a game. Covington & Gordan are very good, but they are complimentary players. So in most teams' opinions, I suspect Russell gets the nod - by a lot.

Hence the reason for this poll. You will find plenty of people that think Russell doesn’t have positive value (one extreme) with other like you putting him on the other end of spectrum.

And why doesn’t Culver belong in this poll?

I think the issue with Culver is that his value is all based on potential and that makes his value more variable from team to team where a team that isn’t looking to win right away might put him on top well a team looking to compete now might have him last.

The others have shown how they play at the NBA level making it easier to judge their value in a vacuum, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:31 pm

Russell for me. Young and locked up. Culver is unproven, there are questions how Gordon fits in today's game, and RoCo is a role player.

Russell
Gordon

Culver
RoCo
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#6 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:35 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Russell for me. Young and locked up. Culver is unproven, there are questions how Gordon fits in today's game, and RoCo is a role player.

Russell
Gordon

Culver
RoCo

That’s why these polls are fun. I would flip that on its head.

RoCo
Culver

Gordon
Russell
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:50 pm

Covington would be my pick. Culver is a guy I like but I agree he shouldn't be on the list since he has not played a game in the NBA yet.

Russell could be a great player in the right situation he's not in the right spot right now and will likely be traded soon as Klay comes back.

Gordan seems like an under achiever who is a great athlete who will never be more than a good player.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#8 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:50 pm

I have Gordon and Russell close. Gordon has the better contract so I voted him. But I could see it the other way too.

Culver and Roco are close on the next tier. Youth/upside/cheaper control vs proven vet. Probably depends on what team you're talking to as far as who they'd rather have.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:12 pm

I have it Gordon, RoCo, and then a bit of a toss up between Russell and Culver. I'm not yet buying that Russell is a no-brainer max guy and Culver hasn't shown anything in the NBA.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#10 » by BadWolf » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:34 pm

Dlo
6th pick aka Culver
Gordon
RoCo
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#11 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:39 pm

I'd probably pick Culver or RoCo.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#12 » by Tony Snell » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:57 pm

This is tough because some of these assets are rebuilding assets and some are compete now, so they will be valued differently by different organizations. I guess I would go:

DLo
Culver
RoCo
Gordon
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#13 » by NotACat » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:00 pm

I personally think D'Lo is slightly overrated and is only valuable to teams without a PG. Gordon is a positive player on both sides of the ball for any team, same with RoCo, but I think most teams would prefer AG due to his age. I don't think Culver's worth is near a group of established high level starters and the TWolves would likely ask for more than he's worth to other teams.
Black Lives Matter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:18 pm

Culver doesn't belong on this list...unproven at the NBA level.
DRuss has more trade value than the other 2 but it aint by much
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,424

Post#15 » by shrink » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:26 pm

It’s tough to differentiate, because they have different values to different teams. I tend to rank player trade values by the best offer they might get, from a team that needs those skills.

I have Covington as #1, because he is the only one who brings a truly elite skill to the table. RoCo was named First Team, All Defense last year. His on court, off court numbers were ridiculous. He also fits the modern game so well as a 3-and-D, plays the hardest to fill position (SF), and he’s locked up on easily the best contract of the four players.

I have Russell last. He has only played well for less than a season, and that was in some very specific circumstances that are unlikely to be repeated. He won’t be the #1 option almost anywhere he goes. His game still has giant holes, in efficiency, Defense, and getting to the rim. He may get better because he’s young, but betting a max deal on him seems like too big a risk, with little upside and a lot of downside. Of course, I may be biased, because I get to watch Wiggins, who was also supposed to grow into his max deal.

I think the values of Gordon and Culver are close. Gordon is certainly worth more to ORL than most other teams, where he’d likely become a second option. Gordon is good at a lot, but I have not seen anything he’s great at - at least consistently enough for me to be confident he’s a true star in this league. Culver is tough to grade too, because we know so little about him. Perhaps he can handle the ball in the NBA like he did in college, but that’s a big leap. In fact, after the first couple picks in this draft, there is a lot of room for differences in valuation - beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I know ORL wouldn’t trade Gordon for Culver, and I doubt MIN would trade Culver for Gordon. They both like their own guys.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#16 » by jscott » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:14 am

I have Russell last as well. He very well could be overpaid and not produce like he did last year. He’s only had one year of good play. Let’s see if he can repeat it first.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#17 » by Cappy_Smurf » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:02 am

One problem with threads like this is that some people don't understand trade value all that well. Even for those that do, not everybody is going to have every contract memorized.

Therefore, IMO it's absolutely critical to list the contract terms for each player when you do a poll like this. Otherwise, I'm not sure the results are really going to be a good representation of perceived trade value.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#18 » by azwfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:08 am

Went Russell #1, but see Gordon as in the neighborhood. Covington is a good role player, make him 3rd. Culver is all potential - least amount of value to me.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#19 » by Mykhyn » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:26 am

I'd take Covington 1st mainly due to position scarcity and contract.

Gordon 2nd.. good declining contract

Then probably Culver

Then Dlo

Funny though, I could see Magic trading Gordon for Dlo if Fultz busts(with Fournier attached)

and I could see Covington + Dieng for Dlo too

But the negative contracts could balance it
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#20 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:57 am

This is a good one since I think it's very situational. I think Russell still has the highest ceiling, but his lack of strength and athleticism could continue to hold him back. Gordon is a PF version of Russell, in that he has the potential....but because of his athleticism. I'd rather have Russell on most teams (I think, without way too much thought) but not on a team like Brooklyn.

Who would fetch the most?
I'd almost have to say Russell considering he cost a max, Iggy, the 1st used to move him and a top 20/'20 1st.

A contending and tax paying team gave him that and made the moves possible.

Covington is a quick second. Great contract, great defender any contender would pay big for him.

Gordon third. He's good, not great, on a good, not great, contract.

And Culver last. This wasn't a great draft and from what I've seen of him, Culver didn't stand out. Even if he does pan out he's not there in terms of value of the 3 others.

Return to Trades and Transactions