ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#141 » by changes » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:16 pm

He said probably, not even that bad.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#142 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:06 pm

Shouldn’t of cheered. Regardless, KD is a first class goof. Lost all respect for him after he joined the Warriors.

He isn’t going to another finals anytime soon. Let’s see if him and Irving can even coexist.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#143 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm laughing at all the losers who pitched money in to apologize to Kevin Durant about fans cheering his injury.

Yahhhhhhh, the fans who where cheering the steal and layup. Let's apologize about that.

Generation is pretty soft. Perfect for an emotionally unstable guy like KD to feast on.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#144 » by Berserk_Raptor » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:27 pm

He's right to say that after the fans cheered for his injury, just put in his shoes. how would you react if someone celebrates your disgrace..
@raptor21_85
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,198

Post#145 » by Dalek » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:36 pm

I appreciate KD because he doesn't care about being a bad guy and taking on the wrath of fans.

The only correction is that we didn't just make the Finals, Toronto won the Finals. To me his choice of words shows me he can't even bring himself to think about losing a Championship to the Raptors.

The question is whether he thinks he can bring Brooklyn to the Finals with guys like Embiid and Giannis waiting for him. Toronto won within its narrow window and I am glad because the teams around them are young and have MVP players to compete with.

KD and Kyrie are nice pieces but I don't think that team is ready to be elite.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#146 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:49 pm

Dalek wrote:I appreciate KD because he doesn't care about being a bad guy and taking on the wrath of fans.

The only correction is that we didn't just make the Finals, Toronto won the Finals. To me his choice of words shows me he can't even bring himself to think about losing a Championship to the Raptors.

The question is whether he thinks he can bring Brooklyn to the Finals with guys like Embiid and Giannis waiting for him. Toronto won within its narrow window and I am glad because the teams around them are young and have MVP players to compete with.

KD and Kyrie are nice pieces but I don't think that team is ready to be elite.

But the funny thing is KD does care - quite a lot - about what the fans think. It's why he's having all his public breakdowns.
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#147 » by alan_156 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:50 pm

Berserk_Raptor wrote:He's right to say that after the fans cheered for his injury, just put in his shoes. how would you react if someone celebrates your disgrace..

I think raptors cheered because they saw their chances of winning the championship increase... It was less about Durant's actual Achilles and how its going to effect him in his career going forward and more about the outlook of this specific series.

I doubt fans would be cheering if it had no impact on the raptors and genuinely want him as a human being to be hurt.
HokutoNoCamera
Senior
And1: 419

Post#148 » by HokutoNoCamera » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:55 pm

Fu@k the rings. Stomp on his ankle.
Joker wrote:
Smitson wrote:Our one championship means more than both of his combined .

Kevin Durant's rings are valid. Find a new slant.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
___________________Image
HokutoNoCamera
Senior
And1: 419

Post#149 » by HokutoNoCamera » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:58 pm

Give me his millions and you can sweep my leg too.
Berserk_Raptor wrote:He's right to say that after the fans cheered for his injury, just put in his shoes. how would you react if someone celebrates your disgrace..

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
___________________Image
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,335

Post#150 » by alpngso » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:22 pm

Durant wins another championship or Raps win another championship what happens first?
vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#151 » by vbmeer » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:31 pm

I think it's possible KD could become Paul Pierce or Lebron in the playoffs against the Raptors.

Good thread to keep bookmarked.
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#152 » by DIEHARD_005 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:31 pm

I'd sign into my RGM account and reply back to those posts on the General Board.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,479

Post#153 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:32 pm

alpngso wrote:Durant wins another championship or Raps win another championship what happens first?

Raptors have time on their side. KD has what, 3-4 prime seasons left at best and 1 of those seasons he will spend recovering from a serious injury.
mkot
General Manager
And1: 1,339

Post#154 » by mkot » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:33 pm

This guy just keeps doing things to remind me why I dislike him the whole time.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
TDotJon
Junior
And1: 514

Post#155 » by TDotJon » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:49 pm

typical Durant acting like a teenage girl.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,224

Post#156 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:11 pm

Have no problem with him saying it.

Many of you are free to live in denial but there was a loud enough portion of the crowd that cheered it. Idc if you claim it was "malicious" or not, it was flat out wrong and KD isn't deeply analyzing how many of the crowd etc, he just experienced it happen so he's basically like "f*ck them" and I don't blame him. It is what it is.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
dafan590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,185

Post#157 » by dafan590 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:20 pm

KD and the nets will lose to the raptors in the playoffs, and then he will ask to be traded to raptors :lol:
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#158 » by YogiStewart » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:24 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:Shouldn’t of cheered. Regardless, KD is a first class goof. Lost all respect for him after he joined the Warriors.

He isn’t going to another finals anytime soon. Let’s see if him and Irving can even coexist.

sorry, i hate this narrative.
i know that when i saw it, i had no idea that it was remotely serious. looked like Durant was milking a turnover. only when he was helped off did it look serious.
this narrative that we were blood-thirsty savages i.e. Celtics' fans, is pure BS
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#159 » by agkagk » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:50 pm

MixxSRC wrote:He has a right to be salty. And anybody who cheered for his injury are ****

Oh plz

No one thought he tore his Achilles. Looked like calf strain.

Everyone went quiet when they knew he was hurt and gave him a standing o off the court.

People are soft af and holier than thou now a days.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,386

Post#160 » by Mikistan » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:56 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Have no problem with him saying it.

Many of you are free to live in denial but there was a loud enough portion of the crowd that cheered it. Idc if you claim it was "malicious" or not, it was flat out wrong and KD isn't deeply analyzing how many of the crowd etc, he just experienced it happen so he's basically like "f*ck them" and I don't blame him. It is what it is.

Relax with this virtue signalling.

Cheering or not it has no impact on his injury of the sheer incompetence and negligence the Warriors organization had to put him in the position to fully tear his Achilles.

What some fans do with their voices is a red herring.

It's not a thing.

There is one thing that had a tangible impact on KD, and that was his organization hanging him out to dry on the world stage.

Go waste breathes on that

Return to Toronto Raptors