ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#161 » by PRESTIGE » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:28 am

Durant is known to have severe psychological issues. Whatever his upbringing was, it has caused him to have self esteem issues and a deep seated insecurity in life. I pity him. No matter how many championships he wins, or personal accolades he gets, he will never be happy.

Can’t wait to beat his bum ass in the playoffs.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#162 » by itsme23 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:53 am

This guy is the softest superstar of all time.

Honestly I don’t know many people who would do what he did.

Regular people joining the warriors let alone a supposedly competitive superstar.

My man your really going to join a 73-9 team that just took you out in 7. Soft punk honest to god deserves all the criticism.

It would be the equivalent of Kawhi losing to GS in game 7 this year and then deciding to sign with them instead of Clippers.

Someone tell me a more soft move in professional sports. There has to be one but I can’t think of any.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#163 » by PoundTown » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:58 am

KD is soft, man. Hope he gets back to the level he was, but man he can be cringe worthy to watch and listen to. We will be back in the finals again one day though.
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#164 » by 50CalClips » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:18 am

Why?
There's no need to say something like that. Especially coming from arguably the most b!tch-ass NBA superstar in history.

P.S. In all honesty, as Free Agency was getting started, I kinda questioned whether I wanted my Clippers to get Kevin Durant because of the guy's b!tch factor (I preferred Klay Thompson).
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#165 » by MixxSRC » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:49 am

agkagk wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:He has a right to be salty. And anybody who cheered for his injury are ****

Oh plz

No one thought he tore his Achilles. Looked like calf strain.

Everyone went quiet when they knew he was hurt and gave him a standing o off the court.

People are soft af and holier than thou now a days.

Yeah Raps fans raised money for his foundation because they thought they did nothing wrong. Riiiiiiight
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#166 » by howlin mad axer » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:59 am

Zing, look forward to playing our new division rival KD... two years from now.
Rap4Life_J
Junior
And1: 97

Post#167 » by Rap4Life_J » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:13 am

Anyway, he said it with smirk, but I think he meant it somehow...in friendly way. But, it is our first champions in major sport since the Jays won it in 92 & 93. That was amazing to me, 1992 was the first year I moved to Toronto Canada as immigrant. I thought we were a baseball town, but since 94 the strike, we suck even we always got good pitchers in Pat Hentgen, Roger Clement, and Roy Holladay beyond 1995, but we never win anything until this Champions.
BBallInSight
Sixth Man
And1: 1,337

Post#168 » by BBallInSight » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:29 am

Cheering when it suddenly appeared that he might be out of the game was a statement of just how terrified we were of him. A sort of complement. Who could have known it was as serious as it was? Also FUKD.
CBC_Raptor
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#169 » by CBC_Raptor » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:38 am

Anyone that cheered KD's injury whether in the arena or not are classless dirtbags. Simple as that.

Those that own up and realize the wrong in that to has the potential to redeem themselves while those that continue to celebrate or make excuses for cheering for that will continue to be classless dirtbags that make Torontonians look bad.
Raptors 2019 NBA Champs!! I´m a Fun Guy.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#170 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:40 am

Scott Hall wrote:Next time the Boos will be louder when he returns... We should start booing all the primadonnas in
the league that have started to take it hostage and are ruining it.

You mean the tampering and colluding entitled ones who the U.S. sports media ushers to big media markets with their fake speculation? Why was KD so incredidibly stupid as to test his leg? He can say all he wants but dude is not all with it.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#171 » by omar36 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:10 am

PRESTIGE wrote:Durant is known to have severe psychological issues. Whatever his upbringing was, it has caused him to have self esteem issues and a deep seated insecurity in life. I pity him. No matter how many championships he wins, or personal accolades he gets, he will never be happy.

Can’t wait to beat his bum ass in the playoffs.

maybe got bullied?

hes just really insecure. i doubt man nba players have multiple burners and actually defend themselves. not to mention the ridicouslness of defending his decision to go to gsw and acting like it was a tough choice.

he will always be looked down upon when comparing greats. PPl always attack lebron for forming a super team but KD outright joined the goat reg.season team that in the past 2 years was 1-1 in the finals. add the fact okc was 3-1 as well lol
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#172 » by pagal » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:31 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Joker wrote:
Smitson wrote:Our one championship means more than both of his combined :lol:.

Kevin Durant's rings are valid. Find a new slant.

As valid as three time champion Jodie Meeks.

or back-to-back-to-back CHAMP, the GOAT Patrick McCaw.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#173 » by agkagk » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:40 pm

MixxSRC wrote:
agkagk wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:He has a right to be salty. And anybody who cheered for his injury are ****

Oh plz

No one thought he tore his Achilles. Looked like calf strain.

Everyone went quiet when they knew he was hurt and gave him a standing o off the court.

People are soft af and holier than thou now a days.

Yeah Raps fans raised money for his foundation because they thought they did nothing wrong. Riiiiiiight

in the illustrious words of forrest gump -- stupid is as stupid does.

I initially cheered when I thought he pulled his hamstring -- i dont need a bunch of soft egocentric children starting a fund for a guy worth half a billion dollars on behalf of my actions. Like seriously, how concerned are these pylons about some comments on the internet and espn. These tools dont speak for me and my actions dont represent them.

Bloody soft bunch of Mary’s the lot of them.

Oh god we might look bad oh no— only if people can’t take a step back and look at the whole context and situation. Even then, It’s a non issue and never was.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#174 » by XxIronChainzxX » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:51 pm

pagal wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kevin Durant's rings are valid. Find a new slant.

As valid as three time champion Jodie Meeks.

or back-to-back-to-back CHAMP, the GOAT Patrick McCaw.

That was my joke but I'm not sure it if landed.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#175 » by agkagk » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:37 pm

CBC_Raptor wrote:Anyone that cheered KD's injury whether in the arena or not are classless dirtbags. Simple as that.

Those that own up and realize the wrong in that to has the potential to redeem themselves while those that continue to celebrate or make excuses for cheering for that will continue to be classless dirtbags that make Torontonians look bad.

Shaddup — it’s a sporting match, get over yourself
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#176 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:15 pm

The feeling is mutual KD;
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,804

Post#177 » by Quattro » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:23 pm

agkagk wrote:
CBC_Raptor wrote:Anyone that cheered KD's injury whether in the arena or not are classless dirtbags. Simple as that.

Shaddup — it’s a sporting match, get over yourself

He's right though. Dude tore his ACL. You don't cheer for that type of stuff. I mean, unless you are a classless dirtbag or from Philly anyway.

Still, back to Durant....really hoping he never gets back to the finals with the Nets. He's so thin skinned, I can only imagine how it will burn him up inside to hear "he had to join a 73 win team to win rings" for the rest of his life.
bigfat
Sophomore
And1: 148

Post#178 » by bigfat » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:26 pm

I was traveling in US when game 5 is playing, so I was watching US feed. When KD went down, I was happy internally (knowing we may really win this) but didn't cheer, at the same time felt embarrassed when the commentator says the fans are cheering. To me, i am more worried that the cheer might jinx our chance of winning the championship.
As for KD, i didn't have bad opinion on him until his current remarks on raptors, this just proves while he is a great basketball player, he is a small human being and lack of basic capability to separate the small percentage of people vs. majority. I despise him and will boo him whenever i have a chance going forward. He has a 5 years window to make finals again, and raptors have the eternity, i just hope we get there before he die so we can mention him again.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#179 » by LLJ » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:06 pm

He's probably right (at least for now) when you look at us on paper, but it goes to show exactly how KD's mind works. He can only see things on paper, and isn't a guy who you would expect have the fighting mentality to take an underdog over the top.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#180 » by Joker » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:34 pm

there's something kind of gross about only wanting to play with frontrunning superteams in big markets and at the same time mocking lesser underdog markets for not having the capacity to contend.

Return to Toronto Raptors