Who Has Most Trade Value Poll (poll reset)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who Has Most Trade Value

Robert Covington
39%
Jarrett Culver
14%
Aaron Gordon
47%

Total votes: 87

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: Who Has Most Trade Value Poll 

Post#21 » by HornetJail » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:09 am

Russell is the all-star, he's at the top. No contest

Covington 2nd, I like him on every team in the league, and on a few certain teams he could have a near star impact with his 3&D. His contract is GREAT too

Gordon 3rd, I don't really love his game, I think he's realistically the 3rd best player on any decent playoff team, and 4th or 5th best player on a contender. But he's decent.

Culver last, by a long shot. Rookie contract or not, I was severely unimpressed with him 100% I've seen him play. Sure it's only 4 or 5 times, but that's a lot of times to flat out suck. Dude reminds me of Jeremy Lamb before he was a rotation player.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#22 » by wolves_89 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:34 am

When looking at performance combined with contract I'll take Covington over the others in a heartbeat. I'm far from convinced that either Russell or Gordon will ever come close to earning their contracts and Culver is a complete unknown at this point.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#23 » by Crives » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:13 am

RoCo
AG
DLo
Culver
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#24 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:28 am

Too difficult to give an answer to really. Trade value is VASTLY different than just on court value. Too many variables.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#25 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:31 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Yeah I Know, value can really depend on what your team is looking for, where they are at in the cycle (win vs. development), but vote with the good old value in general vacuum in mind...

Damn this is tough.

I'd say D-Lo has the most value. He's very productive at a very young age and i still believe he has a lot of upside.

But the other guys are pretty close for different reasons. RoCo is an elite 3s/D wing, a fantastic locker-room guy and he's on a bargain deal. Culver is a high-end 3s/D prospect with potential as a passer on a rookie deal. And Gordon is good too.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Who Has Most Trade Value Poll (poll reset) 

Post#26 » by Topofthekey » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:38 am

Aaron Gordon
D'Angelo Russell

Robert Covington
Jarret Culver

Gordon and Russell are proven

Covington is nice, but he's a role player

Culver has potential but is unproven
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#27 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:25 pm

Wow this is a close one.

RGMers and youth vs. draft picks seems like a scientific study in the making.

If leading up to the draft IMO a poll of #6 overall for Gordon would have RGMers overly voting #6 overall has more value. Draft picks here always seem so overrated.

Put a name to the pick and drive it off the lot, and look at how it changes. I wish I had a poll from before the draft as actual statistical side by side proof.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#28 » by azwfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:35 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Wow this is a close one.

RGMers and youth vs. draft picks seems like a scientific study in the making.

If leading up to the draft IMO a poll of #6 overall for Gordon would have RGMers overly voting #6 overall has more value. Draft picks here always seem so overrated.

Put a name to the pick and drive it off the lot, and look at how it changes. I wish I had a poll from before the draft as actual statistical side by side proof.

I'll say there's a good reason for that draft picks being rated higher than the players they take on RealGM - aside from just being "overrated".

If you have the 6th pick in the draft, you are picking whoever you want at #6. Not everyone ranks players the same. Some may have had Culver high... others lower. I looked at Culver and saw a solid player, but nothing to really get excited about. Others might look at him as a stud in the making. Whereas if its the 6th pick... i might look at the possibility of someone i really like - i dunno - lets say i really liked Darius Garland. So i may look at the possibility of Darius Garland or Rui Hachimura, with a "worst case" of Culver as worth more than just Culver.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#29 » by orlando_joe » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:28 pm

when you take account last 2 yrs of Gordon is 18 and 16 mill to druss 30 and 31 mill a yr ..its not close Gordon best trade value also 2 way player..did not see or get to vote on first rd
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by orlando_joe » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:34 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:Russell is the all-star, he's at the top. No contest

Covington 2nd, I like him on every team in the league, and on a few certain teams he could have a near star impact with his 3&D. His contract is GREAT too

Gordon 3rd, I don't really love his game, I think he's realistically the 3rd best player on any decent playoff team, and 4th or 5th best player on a contender. But he's decent.

Culver last, by a long shot. Rookie contract or not, I was severely unimpressed with him 100% I've seen him play. Sure it's only 4 or 5 times, but that's a lot of times to flat out suck. Dude reminds me of Jeremy Lamb before he was a rotation player.

injury replacement in east ...come on man..not close? ok..plays one side of ball had 1 good yr on low% shooting and makes max
and low iq busted bringing pot on plane...lol
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#31 » by shrink » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:20 pm

RPM, the last three years.

Covington #25, #8, #37 (in 35 games)

Gordon #123, #111, #106

Russell #277, #413, #76
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#32 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

I think my list is.
Culver
Roco
Dlo
Gordon.

Culver top of my list mainly because he was a condensus top 7 pick. Don’t think any other guys on the list gets you a top 7 pick.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#33 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Gordon = Russell

*both young promising prospects, both have their warts, both have high ceilings. Russell making the all star team as a replacement in a weak east means nothing to me in regards to his value.

Covington

*a bit more proven, but older and has more injury concerns. The player you see today is what you’re going to get (albeit really good) no more, potentially less as time goes on.

Culver

*completely unproven, low ceiling and does nothing great. Low end prospect imo and would have been picked in the teens if he was picked a year earlier.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#34 » by Crives » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Gordon = Russell

*both young promising prospects, both have their warts, both have high ceilings. Russell making the all star team as a replacement in a weak east means nothing to me in regards to his value.

Covington

*a bit more proven, but older and has more injury concerns. The player you see today is what you’re going to get (albeit really good) no more, potentially less as time goes on.

Culver

*completely unproven, low ceiling and does nothing great. Low end prospect imo and would have been picked in the teens if he was picked a year earlier.

I’ve got Gordon over Russel due to Russels max
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#35 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Crives wrote:

Covington

Culver

Good point and definitely debatable.

4yr./117m vs 3yr./54m

That’s a huge difference.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#36 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:22 am

Crives wrote:

Covington

Culver

Majority here don’t.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#37 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:31 am

I'm not high as others on RoCo, he seems to be one of those advanced stats heros. He doesn't really show in big games, his one playoff year he laid an egg. I think Culver and Gordon have higher ceilings.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by orlando_joe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:08 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Crives wrote:

Covington

Culver

Majority here don’t.

did you leave open to vote as long as this?or you waiting hoping roco passes ag? I never saw it what was count ? how long left open? must of went off front page quick? why did you not include contracts?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#39 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 am

orlando_joe wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Crives wrote:

Majority here don’t.

did you leave open to vote as long as this?or you waiting hoping roco passes ag? I never saw it what was count ? how long left open? must of went off front page quick? why did you not include contracts?

Sure why not. Other polls get 100s of votes. More votes better representation of the masses.

Yes, waiting for Covington to pass Gordon. I need more time for as many burner accounts as I can.

Left open until it isn’t.

Actually it has stayed on first page real long. Polarizing poll.

I didn’t include contracts because if you are too lazy to look it up and contract terms are a substantial part of your value consideration — maybe you shouldn’t be voting???

Man you ask a lot of questions with no capital letters.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by orlando_joe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:11 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Majority here don’t.

Sure why not. Other polls get 100s of votes. More votes better representation of the masses.

Yes, waiting for Covington to pass Gordon. I need more time for as many burner accounts as I can.

Left open until it isn’t.

Actually it has stayed on first page real long. Polarizing poll.

I didn’t include contracts because if you are too lazy to look it up and contract terms are a substantial part of your value consideration — maybe you shouldn’t be voting???

Man you ask a lot of questions with no capital letters.

do you remember final count? thank you

Return to Trades and Transactions