Welcome Back James Ennis III

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Re: Welcome Back James Ennis III 

Post#21 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:46 pm

kingofthecourt67 wrote:RUN IT BACK!

Love it. He was very very solid in the playoffs. Surprisingly good at taking it to the rim if they closed out too strong.

Funny, I was in the process of typing up a message saying “forget Danny green. Just resign Ennis” this morning and got interrupted. Log back on and saw the news.

Ennis has spyware on your PC. He saw what you wrote and said WTH. Called his agent and said make it happen.
Thank you kingof thecourt67 :D
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#22 » by Winejk » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:44 pm

For Ennis he's taking a big chance. He signs a team friendly contract. He reportedly had offers for more money. If something good comes along, Philly could trade him. So his loyalty might not be rewarded. Guess that's why he has a player option for the 2nd year. That's life in the NBA.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#23 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:22 am

Hopefully, his defense and jumper will be there now that his nagging lower body injuries have healed.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#24 » by sixers hoops » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:35 pm

Winejk wrote:For Ennis he's taking a big chance. He signs a team friendly contract. He reportedly had offers for more money. If something good comes along, Philly could trade him. So his loyalty might not be rewarded. Guess that's why he has a player option for the 2nd year. That's life in the NBA.

Can they trade him with only one year guaranteed? I thought players couldn’t be traded on one year deals.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,116

Post#25 » by Arsenal » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:38 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
Winejk wrote:For Ennis he's taking a big chance. He signs a team friendly contract. He reportedly had offers for more money. If something good comes along, Philly could trade him. So his loyalty might not be rewarded. Guess that's why he has a player option for the 2nd year. That's life in the NBA.

Can they trade him with only one year guaranteed? I thought players couldn’t be traded on one year deals.

He has a player option right? I assume they can trade him if that's the case.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#26 » by sixers hoops » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:49 pm

Arsenal wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

He has a player option right? I assume they can trade him if that's the case.

He does. Thanks!
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#27 » by sixers4real » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:44 pm

I guess he is our 7th man (after Scott), and I like it. We are deep enough on the bench with wing position with him, Zhaire, Thybulle.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#28 » by USWAY » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:49 pm

While I loved what he did in the playoffs, you look at the number and realize he only shot 28% from 3 and 63% from the line. Way off his career averages of 36% and 79%. Good chance he picks it up this year. Don't think the Rockets would of traded him if they didn't have to do their weird salary cap maneuvering to get under the luxury tax.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#29 » by Aussiepiston1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Honestly think Ennis is gonna have a really good season it's his 5th year in the league and he'll have a full off season to get accustomed to the system plus he'll get decent minutes.
I'm expecting 10-12ppg on 50-40-85 shooting which means he'll opt out and we'll give him the full MLE next season.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#30 » by LloydFree » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:54 pm

Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#31 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:41 pm

When he's hitting from outside he's a damn nice compliment to our starters and an easy guy to plug and play in different lineups. The defense, intangibles, and physicality are always there. If he improves his 3PTFG% next year while solidifying a top 3 reserve role he'll be in line for a nice raise next summer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#32 » by BullyKing » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:29 pm

You know its the dead part of the offseason when the Joel thread is talking about Sixer trades from three decades ago, the Ben thread is a discussion of racism in Australia, and you've got to go the James Ennis thread for some actual basketball talk.

Still better than obsessing over Fultz workout videos.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#33 » by Kobblehead » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 pm

This is a couple weeks old, but it's pretty cool of James.

Read on Twitter
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#34 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:35 pm

So James Ennis strained his calf during the Magic game. This is why his defense and shot usually end up being underwhelming compared to his abilities. He's constantly nursing nagging injuries.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,710

Post#35 » by phillynative » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:56 pm

James has been playing well lately.. Hitting his corner 3's , hustling and playing with energy also seems to br taking less silly shots in comparison to last year.
Having rookie matisse nipping at his mins might be a lil extra motivation. We are going to need his size and length on the wing in the playoffs.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#36 » by Winejk » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:02 pm

phillynative wrote:James has been playing well lately.. Hitting his corner 3's , hustling and playing with energy also seems to br taking less silly shots in comparison to last year.
Having rookie matisse nipping at his mins might be a lil extra motivation. We are going to need his size and length on the wing in the playoffs.

Agreed.

He's been hitting the offensive boards pretty hard too. Last year he looked tentative and had a lot of silly turnovers. This year he's fitting in perfectly. I guess familiarity has been good for him.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers