ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#181 » by XxIronChainzxX » Fri Aug 9, 2019 11:42 pm

Joker wrote:there's something kind of gross about only wanting to play with frontrunning superteams in big markets and at the same time mocking lesser underdog markets for not having the capacity to contend.

But that's KD in a nutshell. And the other Warriors aren't that much better - KD just got all the hate while Curry et al avoided any blame.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,266

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#182 » by ruckus » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:03 am

Wow. 10 pages of people being butthurt over KDs comments.

I like the trash talk. He gets hated on for being soft. He gets hated on for talking trash. What everyone kinda ignores is that he was pretty damn good that game that he got hurt in. He had 11 pts in 12 minutes and was 3-3 from 3.

That's pretty amazing considering he was off for 3+ weeks.

People cheered when he got injured because he's a major impact on any game he plays in. We need to stop being so sensitive as a fan base.

KD has earned the right to talk trash because he can back it up. He won't be able to back it up for another year or so but whatever.

KD answering the way he did is a million times better than the standard PC answers we usually get from athletes.

Let's enjoy our time as the hunted.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#183 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:44 am

ruckus wrote:Wow. 10 pages of people being butthurt over KDs comments.

I like the trash talk. He gets hated on for being soft. He gets hated on for talking trash. What everyone kinda ignores is that he was pretty damn good that game that he got hurt in. He had 11 pts in 12 minutes and was 3-3 from 3.

People cheered when he got injured because he's a major impact on any game he plays in. We need to stop being so sensitive as a fan base.

KD has earned the right to talk trash because he can back it up. He won't be able to back it up for another year or so but whatever.

KD answering the way he did is a million times better than the standard PC answers we usually get from athletes.

Taking a dump on the city is talking trash. Curry's line about Cleveland's visitors locker room still smelling like champagne is talking trash.

KD hasn't earned the right to talk trash about a championship team seeing as he joined the 73-9 win Dubs.

He talks trash like a soft player. Let's see him diss Kawhi again like he did when he called him a system player. Or diss LeBron directly.
thelastexit
Junior
And1: 476

Post#184 » by thelastexit » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:46 am

I love how people think it’s so irrational for him to be pissed.

Imagine you suffer the worst possible basketball injury (and likely realized it at the time) and the whole stadium cheers your entire career and livelihood being possibly taken from you.

You’re allowed to be salty. I would be. So would you.

In fact, based on this thread alone, you’d be DeRozan level butt hurt if it were you in his shoes.

Calm down.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#185 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 am

thelastexit wrote:I love how people think it’s so irrational for him to be pissed.

Imagine you suffer the worst possible basketball injury (and likely realized it at the time) and the whole stadium cheers your entire career and livelihood being possibly taken from you.

In fact, based on this thread alone, you’d be DeRozan level butt hurt if it were you in his shoes.

Calm down.

Who's saying it's irrational for him to be pissed? It's just that it's the same soft, catty approach he's always had. If he's pissed that fans cheered his injury and wants to say we're a classless city, he should say it. If he thinks the team sucks without Kawhi and wants to diss Lowry et al then he should say it. If he thinks our FO and Masai suck and we'll never win with them, then he should say it.

If a ton of people cheered a potential career ending injury I suffered I'd have a hell of a lot worse stuff to say directly.
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#186 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Mack11 wrote:Nobody was directly cheering that KD got injured that would imply that there was a vendetta against him personally. The story was he was killing us that game and the fact that he got injured meant we were closer to getting that ring. THats why ppl were cheering cause we're just one step closer to the goal, it wasnt malicious

this is revisionism. I was at the game sitting in the 300-level--no one was "cheering" KDs's injury near us for any reason. There were a lot of things going on on the floor--including the Raptors getting a steal and a basket in a tight game. Why is it so hard for people just to admit that it was a complex situation?

I, for one, was really ticked off about KDs injury--aside from not wanting to see anyone hurt, I knew that if the Raptors won the game and series that night, the victory would be diminished and everybody would be talking about KDs injury.
“The North Remembers"
ballz
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#187 » by ballz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:52 pm

I assume most of the users here are millennials.... growing up with participation awards. So what if he said that? He just joined the east, making a competitive comment. No one would say anything if MJ said this back in his day. This world has become too politically correct. I miss calling people “gay” without being chastised for being homophobic. You millennials ruined everything.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#188 » by agkagk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
thelastexit wrote:I love how people think it’s so irrational for him to be pissed.

Calm down.

Who's saying it's irrational for him to be pissed? It's just that it's the same soft, catty approach he's always had. If he's pissed that fans cheered his injury and wants to say we're a classless city, he should say it. If he thinks the team sucks without Kawhi and wants to diss Lowry et al then he should say it. If he thinks our FO and Masai suck and we'll never win with them, then he should say it.

If a ton of people cheered a potential career ending injury I suffered I'd have a hell of a lot worse stuff to say directly.

Ten pages of cry babies talking down kd’s character and literally writing narratives that he has psychological issues because of one off the cuff remark.

Dudes a proud competitor, remarks like this come with the territory.

He’s also an incredibly accomplished and successful human being lol.

The sheer amount of projecting on this forum is enough to line the pockets of the psychology industry for generations.
40 Guzzle
Head Coach
And1: 527

Post#189 » by 40 Guzzle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:01 pm

cheering for KD's injury is basically all Raptors fans self-snitching.... based on that 1 quarter of basketball it was obvious that a healthy KD = no championship

I was in a packed bar when it happenned, and the people cheering didnt have the cameras & kyle lowry around to force that "ooops" moment when you realize "maybe i shouldnt be cheering this", people in the establishment i was in definitely got giddy when KD was removed from the equation

That said (and this is how I rationalize the whole ordeal), KD tearing his achillles is about the same as an unfortunate circumstance as the fluke luck the Warriors had by having the salary cap spike the year after they won a championship and KD becoming a free agent. No one ever talks about that as a fluke event. They never should have had him in the first place.
Olde English 800 cause that's my brand / Take it in a bottle, 40, quart, or a can
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#190 » by Danny1616 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm

40 Guzzle wrote:cheering for KD's injury is basically all Raptors fans self-snitching.... based on that 1 quarter of basketball it was obvious that a healthy KD = no championship

I was in a packed bar when it happenned, and the people cheering didnt have the cameras & kyle lowry around to force that "ooops" moment when you realize "maybe i shouldnt be cheering this", people in the establishment i was in definitely got giddy when KD was removed from the equation

That said (and this is how I rationalize the whole ordeal), KD tearing his achillles is about the same as an unfortunate circumstance as the fluke luck the Warriors had by having the salary cap spike the year after they won a championship and KD becoming a free agent. No one ever talks about that as a fluke event. They never should have had him in the first place.

You realize that Houston was 2-2 against the Warriors before KD got hurt, right? I really don't believe the Rockets were on the same level as our team.

Yeah KD was shooting out of his mind in game 5 from 3...but he doesn't always shoot like that. His style of game also makes guys like Curry and Thompson less effective sometimes because they don't get the same amount of touches.

Obviously, the Warriors would have an advantage but it isn't an automatic win.

And the Raptors fans cheering were a combination of things. A few minutes before that KD decided to try to bully VanVleet after a dumb foul call. Raptor fans were already pretty angry at him for that. It also looked like a turnover and Ibaka had a straight fire dunk from that play...so Raptor fans were cheering more for that then for KD being hurt.

Believe in your team.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#191 » by dagger » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Who cares what he thinks? He can't do anything about it for another year. A year in the NBA is an eternity. Who knows what the Raptors, Nets or any other team will look like in the 2020-21 season?
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
40 Guzzle
Head Coach
And1: 527

Post#192 » by 40 Guzzle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Obviously, the Warriors would have an advantage but it isn't an automatic win.

And the Raptors fans cheering were a combination of things. A few minutes before that KD decided to try to bully VanVleet after a dumb foul call. Raptor fans were already pretty angry at him for that. It also looked like a turnover and Ibaka had a straight fire dunk from that play...so Raptor fans were cheering more for that then for KD being hurt.

Stfu, dude.

Believe in your team.

I do believe in my team, I believe in their ability to take advantage of every situation presented to them.

Just like GSW took advantage of spike in the cap, just like they took advantage of a Chris Paul hamstring injury the year before, just like they took advantage of a Cleveland team that was down Kyrie/Love when they won the first matchup versus the Cavs.

Just like countless other champions had fortune swing their way during their victory runs.
Olde English 800 cause that's my brand / Take it in a bottle, 40, quart, or a can
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#193 » by agkagk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 pm

ballz wrote:I assume most of the users here are millennials.... growing up with participation awards. So what if he said that? He just joined the east, making a competitive comment. No one would say anything if MJ said this back in his day. This world has become too politically correct. I miss calling people “gay” without being chastised for being homophobic. You millennials ruined everything.

Trannys are the new majority apparently.
ChantMVP
Freshman
And1: 95

Post#194 » by ChantMVP » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:52 am

lest we forget

[url][/url]
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#195 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 am

agkagk wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:

Calm down.

Ten pages of cry babies talking down kd’s character and literally writing narratives that he has psychological issues because of one off the cuff remark.

Dudes a proud competitor, remarks like this come with the territory.

He’s also an incredibly accomplished and successful human being lol.

The sheer amount of projecting on this forum is enough to line the pockets of the psychology industry for generations.

How is what you're doing any different? It's a ton of armchair psychology about everyone on this forum and their character. And frankly the same about KD except your spin is positive.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#196 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 am

MixxSRC wrote:
agkagk wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:He has a right to be salty. And anybody who cheered for his injury are ****

Oh plz

No one thought he tore his Achilles. Looked like calf strain.

Everyone went quiet when they knew he was hurt and gave him a standing o off the court.

People are soft af and holier than thou now a days.

Yeah Raps fans raised money for his foundation because they thought they did nothing wrong. Riiiiiiight

Well those people were idiots if that is the reason they chose to support his foundation. Pure comedy.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#197 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:33 am

agkagk wrote:
ballz wrote:I assume most of the users here are millennials.... growing up with participation awards. So what if he said that? He just joined the east, making a competitive comment. No one would say anything if MJ said this back in his day. This world has become too politically correct. I miss calling people “gay” without being chastised for being homophobic. You millennials ruined everything.

Trannys are the new majority apparently.

People confuse the changing language of being PC with basic manners and humility. If some try to raise the bar with how we interact and understand others we should listen and try not to judge. As for "participation badges" ask those people if if they had more fun participating or competing. Whether Millennials or not we can at least try to evolve from being knuckleheads. That is a worthy effort for everyone to participate in.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#198 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Oh plz

No one thought he tore his Achilles. Looked like calf strain.

Everyone went quiet when they knew he was hurt and gave him a standing o off the court.

People are soft af and holier than thou now a days.

Yeah Raps fans raised money for his foundation because they thought they did nothing wrong. Riiiiiiight

Well those people were idiots if that is the reason they chose to support his foundation. Pure comedy.

MavCarter was working OT doing both UberEats and SkipTheDishes to make donations for KD :lol:
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#199 » by Metallikid » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:51 am

ruckus wrote:Wow. 10 pages of people being butthurt over KDs comments.

People cheered because he just got in Fred's face. Stop making things up so that they fit your narrative better. He earned no right to trash talk - he and his team lost. Simple as that.

There's a very good chance Kevin Durant will never be in the NBA Finals again.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#200 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Fact:

The chances of the Raptors making the NBA Finals again are slightly higher than the chances of Durant playing at a top 5 NBA player level

KD is just going through a moment of grief right now. He slowly realizes that his legacy fading into a bum slayer who collects checks on the Nets bench.

Return to Toronto Raptors