ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: Capn'O, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, j4remi, NoLayupRule, K-DOT, Thugger HBC, mrpoetryNmotion, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada

User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,081
And1: 21,753
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1921 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:With the guys we signed plus Mitch, Frank and hopefully RJ if we don't hear chants of DEEEEE-FENSE! something is seriously wrong.

They'll chant defense regardless if the score is close definitely in latter parts of the game. They chanted defense even when Jose Calderon was on the floor. :lol:


Fans are like Fox Mulder. They want to believe
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,255
And1: 16,916
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1922 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:27 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
K-DOT wrote:This is just gonna keep coming back to a fundamental disagreement

You think it's okay to allow guys to do what they want and reinforce bad habits, cause they're just gonna naturally break them on their own in the future. I think we shouldn't reinforce those bad habits, so that when we're actually trying to win, we don't have to break them, they just won't be there

We need to be development first, not draft position first. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And we should be active in developing our guys, not passive


I don't have an issue with a system being in place. I do have an issue that such system prevents the youth from playing maximum minutes. I want the youth to play regardless, and let them learn while they play.

And btw, Fiz does have a system. He wants a certain style of play. The team played it pretty much all last year.

You know what they're learning while they play in Fiz's "system?"

Don't pass the ball. If you do, you're not getting it back. Take whatever shot you want, it doesn't have to go in, doesn't have to be a good shot, as long as you're shooting, you're good. Also, make sure the most complex play you run is a high PnR. Don't try anything more difficult than that, cause if you run actual plays, that means you're taking less shots which means your play time is gonna go down

But somehow they're just gonna miraculously flip a switch and know how to play team ball when we want, right?

Imagine benching Kobe because of his shot selection. Nash because of his defense. Any star player that isn't good at free throws. this notion sounds silly at this point. You can name hundreds of players that never corrected their "deficiencies", but wound up carving hella careers because they weren't neutered, but allow to craft what can make them great.

There are thousands of other that broke plays, called their own number, took plays off etc. I'm not saying dont make them aware, that's what film is for too.

But you wanna cut a puppys dick off because he pissed on your carpet. :rofl:
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,662
And1: 13,223
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1923 » by K-DOT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
I don't have an issue with a system being in place. I do have an issue that such system prevents the youth from playing maximum minutes. I want the youth to play regardless, and let them learn while they play.

And btw, Fiz does have a system. He wants a certain style of play. The team played it pretty much all last year.

You know what they're learning while they play in Fiz's "system?"

Don't pass the ball. If you do, you're not getting it back. Take whatever shot you want, it doesn't have to go in, doesn't have to be a good shot, as long as you're shooting, you're good. Also, make sure the most complex play you run is a high PnR. Don't try anything more difficult than that, cause if you run actual plays, that means you're taking less shots which means your play time is gonna go down

But somehow they're just gonna miraculously flip a switch and know how to play team ball when we want, right?

Imagine benching Kobe because of his shot selection. Nash because of his defense. Any star player that isn't good at free throws. this notion sounds silly at this point. You can name hundreds of players that never corrected their "deficiencies", but wound up carving hella careers because they weren't neutered, but allow to craft what can make them great.

There are thousands of other that broke plays, called their own number, took plays off etc. I'm not saying dont make them aware, that's what film is for too.

But you wanna cut a puppys dick off because he pissed on your carpet. :rofl:

If that's what you think

But don't complain when RJ becomes Mudiay 2.0 after Fiz gets him right because no player in history has ever needed to be coached up. Not a single one. Every player would have had the same outcome no matter the circumstance.

When my puppy pissed on my carpet, I trained him not to do that. Apparently according to you, he'd just figure it out on his own without me doing anything. Why don't you try that and tell me how it works?

And, it's funny you mention those guys, cause neither started until year 3. Nash was 24 before he was a full time starter. I guess they were neutered because of that, according to you, really a shame their careers were ruined cause they weren't given free reign from day 1
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,255
And1: 16,916
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1924 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:37 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You know what they're learning while they play in Fiz's "system?"

Don't pass the ball. If you do, you're not getting it back. Take whatever shot you want, it doesn't have to go in, doesn't have to be a good shot, as long as you're shooting, you're good. Also, make sure the most complex play you run is a high PnR. Don't try anything more difficult than that, cause if you run actual plays, that means you're taking less shots which means your play time is gonna go down

But somehow they're just gonna miraculously flip a switch and know how to play team ball when we want, right?

Imagine benching Kobe because of his shot selection. Nash because of his defense. Any star player that isn't good at free throws. this notion sounds silly at this point. You can name hundreds of players that never corrected their "deficiencies", but wound up carving hella careers because they weren't neutered, but allow to craft what can make them great.

There are thousands of other that broke plays, called their own number, took plays off etc. I'm not saying dont make them aware, that's what film is for too.

But you wanna cut a puppys dick off because he pissed on your carpet. :rofl:

If that's what you think

But don't complain when RJ becomes Mudiay 2.0 after Fiz gets him right because no player in history has ever needed to be coached up. Not a single one. Every player would have had the same outcome no matter the circumstance. Fiz is an absolute genius who can never be questioned, got it.

It what's I'm reading.

I do however think coaching is overrated. I've seen great teams lose despite great coaches at the helm, just as much as I've seen what is term underdogs not only become successful but win it all.

As for someone like RJ, he has a great background, work ethic and skillset. Maybe you're hoping he turns into Mudiay just to say you were right, but if that happened I wont say it happened because of Fizdale.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,081
And1: 21,753
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1925 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I predict we're bottom 5 defense again. At best, bottom 10

So, there will be chants, but it'll be more like a plea than anything


You seem to know the future. I don't. Just hoping like the eternal homer that I am.

I mean, sure, I hope we're better than that.

But, looking at our projected starters and minutes, I don't think so. In our starting lineup, our second best defensive player is DSJ. Which I mean, he's alright, he doesn't hurt but doesn't help. RJ I'm not counting on to be a positive on defense right away. Rookies rarely are, and he's gonna be 19 all year, plus he wasn't the best in college. Can get there, but probably not his first year. Mitch is Mitch. Knox was one of if not the worst defensive player in the league last year, but I have some hope based on SL (where he looked, not the worst player in the league), and the fact that opposing 3s performed worse against him than 4s last year (though I don't know about team defense, just one on one). Randle, well his defense is pretty bad. He's one of those guys who people say "when engaged, he's good," but he rarely is.

Then, Trier tries so I can't knock him but he isn't good defensively. Kadeem, Bullock, and Ellington are alright. Morris is good and will see heavy minutes so he can pad his stats for his next payday. Portis is bad, Gibson is good but old, Dot is good but I wonder how much we're actually gonna play him, and Frank's our best perimeter guy but you know as well as I do, he ain't getting many minutes

Doesn't seem likely we're gonna be even average defensively


It's August and innocent rubber duckies and dildos are melting on the pavement outside my door. It's just too damn hot to overthink this now.
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,662
And1: 13,223
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1926 » by K-DOT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Imagine benching Kobe because of his shot selection. Nash because of his defense. Any star player that isn't good at free throws. this notion sounds silly at this point. You can name hundreds of players that never corrected their "deficiencies", but wound up carving hella careers because they weren't neutered, but allow to craft what can make them great.

There are thousands of other that broke plays, called their own number, took plays off etc. I'm not saying dont make them aware, that's what film is for too.

But you wanna cut a puppys dick off because he pissed on your carpet. :rofl:

If that's what you think

But don't complain when RJ becomes Mudiay 2.0 after Fiz gets him right because no player in history has ever needed to be coached up. Not a single one. Every player would have had the same outcome no matter the circumstance. Fiz is an absolute genius who can never be questioned, got it.

It what's I'm reading.

I do however think coaching is overrated. I've seen great teams lose despite great coaches at the helm, just as much as I've seen what is term underdogs not only become successful but win it all.

As for someone like RJ, he has a great background, work ethic and skillset. Maybe you're hoping he turns into Mudiay just to say you were right, but if that happened I wont say it happened because of Fizdale.

Sometimes coaching doesn't matter, especially with development.

But you don't know that RJ is a Kobe (who also wasn't given free reign from day 1 like you want with RJ), he could need strong coaching. I'm not arguing for doing what Pitino did to Chauncey, make him look over his shoulder every play, but you need to build good foundations from day one. Because if RJ is as good as you say he is, you won't need to hold him accountable because he'll already be doing that.

But it's whatever. You want to allow a puppy to piss on your carpet until he figures it out completely by himself that he's not supposed to. Players aren't dogs, so maybe he does know by himself how to go outside, but I'd rather not risk that. You're talking like if we even try a little bit to coach up RJ and Knox, that they'll be forever neutered. That's not how it works. You're also talking like I'm saying if they mess up even a little bit, to bench them for the rest of the game. Which I'm not, and you know I'm not.

All I'm saying is, if we see bad habits starting to form in our youth, we should act to correct them. Positive reinforcement for good habits would work best. Because the risk of not correcting them is they never learn, while correcting bad habits early on is extremely low risk high reward.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,255
And1: 16,916
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1927 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:18 pm

K-DOT wrote:Sometimes coaching doesn't matter, especially with development.


Agreed.

K-DOT wrote:But you don't know that RJ is a Kobe (who also wasn't given free reign from day 1 like you want with RJ), he could need strong coaching. I'm not arguing for doing what Pitino did to Chauncey, make him look over his shoulder every play, but you need to build good foundations from day one. Because if RJ is as good as you say he is, you won't need to hold him accountable because he'll already be doing that.


What I do know is the team drafted RJ high and don't have anyone on the roster that impedes him from playing a lot and don't have a roster construction to prevent him from going through the mistakes at the expense of winning. The don't have a Shaq that just played in the finals prior as their best player, nor an all star guard like Kobe did with Eddie Jones. Kobe had to wait his turn, circumstances were different, RJ shouldn't have to wait at all.


K-DOT wrote:But it's whatever. You want to allow a puppy to piss on your carpet until he figures it out completely by himself that he's not supposed to. Players aren't dogs, so maybe he does know by himself how to go outside, but I'd rather not risk that. You're talking like if we even try a little bit to coach up RJ and Knox, that they'll be forever neutered. That's not how it works. You're also talking like I'm saying if they mess up even a little bit, to bench them for the rest of the game. Which I'm not, and you know I'm not.


I'm only reading what you're writing and commenting on it, not here guess the mindset on the comment. I used the puppy reference because a puppy is gonna do puppy things, he wont adjust naturally, it will take time, and while we call it training, you're doing nothing but moving the spot he pisses at. :lol:

K-DOT wrote:All I'm saying is, if we see bad habits starting to form in our youth, we should act to correct them. Positive reinforcement for good habits would work best. Because the risk of not correcting them is they never learn, while correcting bad habits early on is extremely low risk high reward.


I'm sure the coaching staff showed film, talked to these guys etc. But they still have to play through those issues. You cant justify them not doing so, even while they do those such things.

But the question still remains......thousands of players have bad habits in their games and retired having them. They werent corrected at all and we know this.

Sure, they may have been talked to, shown film, etc. Not a damn thing changed on those fronts.

This is the easiest way to get a coach fired though. Trier, for example, does have tunnel vision, but everyone in the league knows he can ball and can efficiently. Good luck thinking you're gonna correct something at the expense of maximizing the strength.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,662
And1: 13,223
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1928 » by K-DOT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I'm sure the coaching staff showed film, talked to these guys etc. But they still have to play through those issues. You cant justify them not doing so, even while they do those such things.

But the question still remains......thousands of players have bad habits in their games and retired having them. They werent corrected at all and we know this.

Sure, they may have been talked to, shown film, etc. Not a damn thing changed on those fronts.

This is the easiest way to get a coach fired though. Trier, for example, does have tunnel vision, but everyone in the league knows he can ball and can efficiently. Good luck thinking you're gonna correct something at the expense of maximizing the strength.

My question still remains that you haven't answered, what's the downside?

What if we try and develop RJ and he doesn't need our help? He still ends up being the player he can be.

Now let's do yours. What if we don't try and develop RJ and he does need our help? He ends up sucking

The upside is the same, but you're arguing for the much worse downside for no reason. Players are a case by case basis, some need more time and development put in than others. Some guys just need minutes, some need tight leashes. But you don't know which is which until you start seeing them play, but you're arguing that nobody needs a tight leash, that no matter what we do, our players are all gonna turn out exactly the same.

My argument is, it minimizes risk to treat RJ and Knox like they need guidance, because if they don't, then we don't have to. But if we treat them like they don't and they do, then that's a much worse situation.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,255
And1: 16,916
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1929 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I'm sure the coaching staff showed film, talked to these guys etc. But they still have to play through those issues. You cant justify them not doing so, even while they do those such things.

But the question still remains......thousands of players have bad habits in their games and retired having them. They werent corrected at all and we know this.

Sure, they may have been talked to, shown film, etc. Not a damn thing changed on those fronts.

This is the easiest way to get a coach fired though. Trier, for example, does have tunnel vision, but everyone in the league knows he can ball and can efficiently. Good luck thinking you're gonna correct something at the expense of maximizing the strength.

My question still remains that you haven't answered, what's the downside?

What if we try and develop RJ and he doesn't need our help? He still ends up being the player he can be.

Now let's do yours. What if we don't try and develop RJ and he does need our help? He ends up sucking

The upside is the same, but you're arguing for the much worse downside for no reason. Players are a case by case basis, some need more time and development put in than others. Some guys just need minutes, some need tight leashes. But you don't know which is which until you start seeing them play, but you're arguing that nobody needs a tight leash, that no matter what we do, our players are all gonna turn out exactly the same.

My argument is, it minimizes risk to treat RJ and Knox like they need guidance, because if they don't, then we don't have to. But if we treat them like they don't and they do, then that's a much worse situation.

I cant answer something I don't believe isn't happening. I do believe they talk, show film to these guys about mistakes, and other methods as well. But they should be playing regardless.

I do however know through evidence that thousands of players play their whole careers while doing things that needed correction, but I wont assume that those guys didn't receive instruction or correctives to help them.

I really don't think you understand my premise at all. There is no one, absolutely no one on this roster that should play over RJ no matter how many mistakes he makes. Same with Knox and Mitch last year. They should play through errors and such regardless.

Knox, in particular, ironically when he was in vegas with Iggy and RJ said plain as day "Fiz hold players accountable".


Call him a liar as if you're in the locker room. :rofl:
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
spree2kawhi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,945
And1: 706
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1930 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Did anyone follow Frank's play in those friendly games?


Yep. Here are some highlights




Thanks. That's more if the same we saw last year. That's going to be a long season.
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 20,793
And1: 5,939
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: SELL THE KNICKS!

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1931 » by stuporman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:01 pm

I cannot help but be fascinated and intrigued by a back court comprised of 6-7 RJ as primary ball handler/facilitator and 6-7 Frank as the point of attack defender.

The problem would be a lack of shooting but most specifically Frank's 3ball because if he doesn't hit that at a decent clip it won't ever work for extended mins.
Image?
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,662
And1: 13,223
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1932 » by K-DOT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I'm sure the coaching staff showed film, talked to these guys etc. But they still have to play through those issues. You cant justify them not doing so, even while they do those such things.

But the question still remains......thousands of players have bad habits in their games and retired having them. They werent corrected at all and we know this.

Sure, they may have been talked to, shown film, etc. Not a damn thing changed on those fronts.

This is the easiest way to get a coach fired though. Trier, for example, does have tunnel vision, but everyone in the league knows he can ball and can efficiently. Good luck thinking you're gonna correct something at the expense of maximizing the strength.

My question still remains that you haven't answered, what's the downside?

What if we try and develop RJ and he doesn't need our help? He still ends up being the player he can be.

Now let's do yours. What if we don't try and develop RJ and he does need our help? He ends up sucking

The upside is the same, but you're arguing for the much worse downside for no reason. Players are a case by case basis, some need more time and development put in than others. Some guys just need minutes, some need tight leashes. But you don't know which is which until you start seeing them play, but you're arguing that nobody needs a tight leash, that no matter what we do, our players are all gonna turn out exactly the same.

My argument is, it minimizes risk to treat RJ and Knox like they need guidance, because if they don't, then we don't have to. But if we treat them like they don't and they do, then that's a much worse situation.

I cant answer something I don't believe isn't happening. I do believe they talk, show film to these guys about mistakes, and other methods as well. But they should be playing regardless.

I do however know through evidence that thousands of players play their whole careers while doing things that needed correction, but I wont assume that those guys didn't receive instruction or correctives to help them.

I really don't think you understand my premise at all. There is no one, absolutely no one on this roster that should play over RJ no matter how many mistakes he makes. Same with Knox and Mitch last year. They should play through errors and such regardless.

Knox, in particular, ironically when he was in vegas with Iggy and RJ said plain as day "Fiz hold players accountable".


Call him a liar as if you're in the locker room. :rofl:

And you don't understand my premise at all. I've never said we should play guys over RJ, but you're pretending I did

I said, we shouldn't reinforce bad habits by giving RJ minutes no matter what. If he's playing selfishly, taking bad shots, and not playing defense, his minutes should go down, but if he's passing, taking good shots, and playing defense, his minutes should go up. That's it. If you show film and say, "you need to fix this," but then don't do anything if they don't, that's not developing guys cause there's no reason for them to fix it. If you tell a guy to fix something, then reward him for doing so with more minutes, that's how you develop him, cause now he's gonna do that. If nothing changes, then he's gonna revert back to doing the same thing cause there's no benefit to him changing

And again with you misrepresenting my premise (which I'm beginning to think is intentional), RJ should be allowed to play through errors. I'm not gonna bench him for making a mistake. But if he's not learning from them, or if they're not good errors, then his minutes should go down.

And that quote from Knox should illustrate my point exactly. He thinks he's being held accountable when he isn't. So there's no reason for him to consciously change how he plays. Which means his development is gonna happen in spite of Fiz. And now we're reinforcing his bad habits, so when he's actually held accountable, it'll take that much longer to break them. Which is funny to you, I guess.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 25,185
And1: 14,331
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1933 » by Fat Kat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 pm

stuporman wrote:I cannot help but be fascinated and intrigued by a back court comprised of 6-7 RJ as primary ball handler/facilitator and 6-7 Frank as the point of attack defender.

The problem would be a lack of shooting but most specifically Frank's 3ball because if he doesn't hit that at a decent clip it won't ever work for extended mins.


No penetration, like those old Cinemax soft cores.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,255
And1: 16,916
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1934 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:23 pm

The point is there is different ways to get a point across. What team in their right mind that is in a full rebuild gonna cut minutes from 19 years olds? Hell yeah that is funny as hell to me.

If RJ is benched at any point next season, I want Fizdale fired immediately. He better punch a temmate, or get caught smoking dope or something the league would get involved. Better not be because he had turnovers and missed defensive assignments or took afew bad shots.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 20,793
And1: 5,939
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: SELL THE KNICKS!

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1935 » by stuporman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
stuporman wrote:I cannot help but be fascinated and intrigued by a back court comprised of 6-7 RJ as primary ball handler/facilitator and 6-7 Frank as the point of attack defender.

The problem would be a lack of shooting but most specifically Frank's 3ball because if he doesn't hit that at a decent clip it won't ever work for extended mins.


No penetration, like those old Cinemax soft cores.


I guess if you want to ISO all the time yea maybe but with picks, screens and player movement that wouldn't be as much of an issue.
Image?
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 25,185
And1: 14,331
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1936 » by Fat Kat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:44 pm

stuporman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
stuporman wrote:I cannot help but be fascinated and intrigued by a back court comprised of 6-7 RJ as primary ball handler/facilitator and 6-7 Frank as the point of attack defender.

The problem would be a lack of shooting but most specifically Frank's 3ball because if he doesn't hit that at a decent clip it won't ever work for extended mins.


No penetration, like those old Cinemax soft cores.


I guess if you want to ISO all the time yea maybe but with picks, screens and player movement that wouldn't be as much of an issue.


This isn’t Hoosiers. Guards need to be able to beat their man one on one. It collapses the defense and creates open shots.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
CharlesOakley
Starter
Posts: 2,179
And1: 1,559
Joined: Jun 27, 2006

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1937 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:17 pm

stuporman wrote:I cannot help but be fascinated and intrigued by a back court comprised of 6-7 RJ as primary ball handler/facilitator and 6-7 Frank as the point of attack defender.

The problem would be a lack of shooting but most specifically Frank's 3ball because if he doesn't hit that at a decent clip it won't ever work for extended mins.


Dream lineup for me:

pg - Frank
sg - RJ
sf - Iggy
pf - Randle
c - Mitch

Ball movers and defenders with some old-school Knicks vibe. RJ gets put in decision-making situations. I'm guessing we get 15 minutes of it at the end of the season.
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 20,793
And1: 5,939
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: SELL THE KNICKS!

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1938 » by stuporman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:48 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
No penetration, like those old Cinemax soft cores.


I guess if you want to ISO all the time yea maybe but with picks, screens and player movement that wouldn't be as much of an issue.


This isn’t Hoosiers. Guards need to be able to beat their man one on one. It collapses the defense and creates open shots.

In ISO that is true but not if a team has a offensive system.
Image?
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 50,631
And1: 37,265
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1939 » by Capn'O » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Last season was glorious btw. I wanted a tank and got it nightly. I was damn near pissed after some wins. :rofl:


The glory was so thick you could smell it.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Payton/Napier
SG: G. Harris/THT/Korkmaz
SF: Little/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/M. Leonard/Vanderbilt/
C: Nurkic/M. Gasol/Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 50,631
And1: 37,265
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1940 » by Capn'O » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:The point is there is different ways to get a point across. What team in their right mind that is in a full rebuild gonna cut minutes from 19 years olds? Hell yeah that is funny as hell to me.

If RJ is benched at any point next season, I want Fizdale fired immediately. He better punch a temmate, or get caught smoking dope or something the league would get involved. Better not be because he had turnovers and missed defensive assignments or took afew bad shots.


I don't think you have anything to worry about. He's gonna play.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Payton/Napier
SG: G. Harris/THT/Korkmaz
SF: Little/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/M. Leonard/Vanderbilt/
C: Nurkic/M. Gasol/Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:

Return to New York Knicks