Jerry Colangelo On Promoting Derrick White To Team USA Roster: 'He's a Very Unique Player'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jerry Colangelo On Promoting Derrick White To Team USA Roster: 'He's a Very Unique Player' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 am

Jerry Colangelo complimented Derrick White's performances in Team USA training camp that lead to the player moving onto the next round of practices.

White and Marvin Bagley replaced Thaddeus Young and Bam Adebayo as the roster got cut down to 17 players.

"I think White has been very, very good. What a story that is. You talk about his journey. He is a very unique player. He’s got a gait to him. He’s got interesting floaters in the lane. He’s sly. A good passer, impressive," said Colangelo, according to Tom Osborn of the San Antonio Express-News.

Colangelo plans to take 15 players to Australia for an exhibition game before cutting down the roster to 12. 

Via Tom Orsborn

njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Re: Jerry Colangelo On Promoting Derrick White To Team USA Roster: 'He's a Very Unique Player' 

Post#2 » by njknicks » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Derrick White has a chance to be something special - as long as he keeps putting the work in.

Observing the way he plays, reminds me a lot of Brandon Roy - crafty, great range, wonderful all around game.

Hopefully DW has a long career ahead of him : as always, Spurs pick up another jewel ...
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Re: Jerry Colangelo On Promoting Derrick White To Team USA Roster: 'He's a Very Unique Player' 

Post#3 » by basketballRob » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 am

Being 25 now, he's in his prime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion