Where do you guys rank Kyle Lowry?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Current PG Ranking

Number 1
2%
Top 3
3%
Top 5
21%
Top 10
46%
Top 15
11%
Top 20
7%
Top 30
11%

Total votes: 256

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Where do you guys rank Kyle Lowry? 

Post#81 » by The_Hater » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm

GusT15 wrote:
udfa wrote:I knew Lowry was underrated but I had no idea by how much. Besides having been an all-star the past five years, Lowry has been in the top-6 among PGs in RPM each of the past 6 seasons and has posted double digit WS in 4 of those 6 seasons...yet so many believe strongly that he doesn't belong in the top-10?

According to the current poll

46% has him 6-10
28% has him 11-30
26% has him 1-5

I mean,it's a pretty fair voting sample,the "overrating him" posters are the same as the "underrating him" posters.
Why are you singling one group out?

3/10 people putting him 11-30 is pretty ridiculous.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#82 » by Soulyss » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Lowry is somewhere between 6 - 10 IMO
GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,272

Post#83 » by GusT15 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:02 pm

The_Hater wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
udfa wrote:I knew Lowry was underrated but I had no idea by how much. Besides having been an all-star the past five years, Lowry has been in the top-6 among PGs in RPM each of the past 6 seasons and has posted double digit WS in 4 of those 6 seasons...yet so many believe strongly that he doesn't belong in the top-10?

46% has him 6-10
28% has him 11-30
26% has him 1-5

I mean,it's a pretty fair voting sample,the "overrating him" posters are the same as the "underrating him" posters.

Actually the only extreme underrating is the 21-30 range (9%).
There is a bit of extreme overrating at the 1-3 range (4%).
There is some favorable yet sensible overrating at 1-5 (22%).
There is logical rating at the 6-10 range (46%).
There is less complimenting yet sensible underrating at the 11-20 range (19%).

So you say ridiculous,i say it's a great poll and the voting is great.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#84 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Lets see how he does next season
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#85 » by bon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Poll should just be Top 5/10/15. All the other choices are troll options
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#86 » by youngcrev » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:52 pm

The_Hater wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Maybe during the season but Siakam wasn’t during the playoffs, Pascal disappeared for most of the Sixers and Bucks series. Overall, Lowry was clearly the 2nd best Raptor during the playoffs. Wasn’t even close.

Pascal was killing the Sixers before they adjusted and put Embiid on him. Kyle doesn't really have an exploitable weakness that will kill you, but he doesn't exactly cook other teams either. Lowry didn't do much in that series. It was 100% Kawhi going into Terminator mode. Gasol had a bigger impact on that series than Lowry did.

Right. And then Embiid took siakam right out of the series the final 5 games. Are we just supposed to ignore that happened? Just look at Siakam’s stats in both of those series I mentioned and they were not very good but he was excellent against the Magic and Warriors. Overall, his playoff stats weren’t nearly as good as his regular season numbers.

Anyways, we’re talking about 4 rounds of playoffs and Lowry was easily the Raps 2nd best player both statistically and visually. You seem focused on 1 series against your Sixers. Siakam disappeared for long stretches and let’s not pretend Gasol was a better playoff performer than either of them for it’s entirety.

Right, my point is that Pascal was a guy they had to adjust for though, Lowry is not. Similar to Ben Simmons. They were less effective because game plans were designed to make them less effective. I focused on the Sixers because you specifically mentioned the series and it's obviously the one I was watching the closest.

Kawhi carried them through the East and then they faced a wounded Warriors team. Let's not like Kyle was a playoff killer this year. Let's also not ignore that he's had a reputation for coming up small in the postseason.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#87 » by Showdown » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Top 12
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#88 » by The_Hater » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 pm

youngcrev wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Pascal was killing the Sixers before they adjusted and put Embiid on him. Kyle doesn't really have an exploitable weakness that will kill you, but he doesn't exactly cook other teams either. Lowry didn't do much in that series. It was 100% Kawhi going into Terminator mode. Gasol had a bigger impact on that series than Lowry did.

Right. And then Embiid took siakam right out of the series the final 5 games. Are we just supposed to ignore that happened? Just look at Siakam’s stats in both of those series I mentioned and they were not very good but he was excellent against the Magic and Warriors. Overall, his playoff stats weren’t nearly as good as his regular season numbers.

Anyways, we’re talking about 4 rounds of playoffs and Lowry was easily the Raps 2nd best player both statistically and visually. You seem focused on 1 series against your Sixers. Siakam disappeared for long stretches and let’s not pretend Gasol was a better playoff performer than either of them for it’s entirety.

Right, my point is that Pascal was a guy they had to adjust for though, Lowry is not. Similar to Ben Simmons. They were less effective because game plans were designed to make them less effective. I focused on the Sixers because you specifically mentioned the series and it's obviously the one I was watching the closest.

Kawhi carried them through the East and then they faced a wounded Warriors team. Let's not like Kyle was a playoff killer this year. Let's also not ignore that he's had a reputation for coming up small in the postseason.

Fair point on the adjustment, but Philly was the one series where everyone not named Kawhi struggled to score. There was no such problem the other 3 series.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#89 » by mademan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:50 pm

GusT15 wrote:

46% has him 6-10
28% has him 11-30
26% has him 1-5

Putting him 5th isn’t really overrating. The only guys that were clear cut better last year were curry dame and kyrie. He has a sensible argument against anyone else, even if u do choose to rank him under. Putting him 11-30 though, is absolutely underrating and very much reaching.
Pet Poeltl
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,148

Post#90 » by Pet Poeltl » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm

I wonder if a lineup of

Westbrook
Green
Leonard
Siakam
Gasol

Wins the championship last year
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#91 » by RCM88x » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Top 10 is fair, I think having him top 5 would be tough because of his playoff inconsistency and lack of scoring in recent years.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#92 » by pr0wler » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:39 pm

The_Hater wrote:Maybe during the season but Siakam wasn’t during the playoffs, Pascal disappeared for most of the Sixers and Bucks series. Overall, Lowry was clearly the 2nd best Raptor during the playoffs. Wasn’t even close.

Ok? Siakam averaged 19 PPG overall in the playoffs and 20 PPG against the Warriors in the finals. Carefully picking series where he didn't do quite as well is using selection bias to fit a narrative.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#93 » by jason bourne » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:42 pm

He's top 10 in guards. Around Tobias Harris level. He's an All-Star, but he'll be 33 next season.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#94 » by mademan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:45 pm

RCM88x wrote:Top 10 is fair, I think having him top 5 would be tough because of his playoff inconsistency and lack of scoring in recent years.

What top 5 guy has had playoff consistency? Kyrie fizzled as a top option. Lillard himself has been up and down (though still better than Kyle), WB has been pretty bad the past 2 years and has always struggled to get to reasonable efficiency, Paul, seemingly, is unable to get to the WCF without breaking down...etc.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#95 » by youngcrev » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:46 pm

The_Hater wrote:
GusT15 wrote:

46% has him 6-10
28% has him 11-30
26% has him 1-5

I don't know about ridiculous. He's in my top-10, but depending on what position some guys are ranked at (Harden and Holiday), how much of a leap they expect some young players to take (Luka, Trae, Fox, Murray, Simmons, Russell), and possible projected dip in play from Lowry as he gets another year older, I don't think it's too crazy.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Post#96 » by Yallbecrazy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Top 2 or 3, only Curry is definitively better.
reflex35
Rookie
And1: 672

Post#97 » by reflex35 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 pm

He's top 10 at the moment and I love the guy but PG position is extremely competitive and is only getting better year by year with so much young talent coming in...
Might be top 15 next year and drop even more following that...
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#98 » by nikster » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Cal And Jay wrote:I'm not a big fan of guards that can't create off the dribble and aren't dynamite from 3. Plus he doesn't have the quickest release. Top 30 for me, probably in the 22-23 range

Last 4 years he shoots 39% on large volume from 3, and while doesn’t create a ton of shots for himself off the dribble he does create Ton of easy shots for his teamates
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#99 » by nikster » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm

GusT15 wrote:All time
Magic Johnson
Steph Curry
Isiah Thomas
Oscar Robertson
John Stocton
Walt Frazier
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Chris Paul
Gary Payton
Tony Parker
Chaunsey Billups
Nate Archibald
Russell Westbrook
Lenny Wilkens
Dennis Johnson
Kyrie Irving
Tim Hardaway
Kyle Lowry
Dame Lillard
Penny Hardaway
Kevin Johnson
Steve Francis
Baron Davis

So he's Top20 after the ring,but if for example Lillard gets a ring he goes way up,or even if he has 3 more years at All-NBA level he goes past Lowry for me-even with no rings.
(Although i'm sure i'm forgetting 5-10 point guards,especially from the older days,so i'll say Top30 All Time to be safe).

Current
Steph Curry
Dame Lillard
Kyrie Irving
Russell Westbrook
Kemba Walker
Jamal Murray
Ben Simmons
Chris Paul
De'Aaron Fox
Trae Young
Mike Conley Jr
Eric Bledsoe
Kyle Lowry
Lonzo Ball
Ricky Rubio
DeJounte Murray

And the reason why he's out of the my top10 is cause he's 33 years old.I'm expecting a quick decline at this point.
He would be even lower if i could rank D'Angelo Russell and Jrue Holiday as Point Guards,but they'll be starting SGs this season so i can't do that.

No idea how you have Trae, Bledsoe or Jamal over him. I’d also take him over Kemba, Conley
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#100 » by RaptorPride » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Spoiler:

Return to The General Board