ImageImageImage

Best Young Team in the NBA- Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Best Young Team in the NBA- Sixers 

Post#1 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:10 pm

This team only has 2 players on the roster over the age of 30. Horford and Scott.

Tobias is just now 27.

Ben, Josh, and Joel are 25 and under.

Matisse and Zhaire, the next generation of wings to complement the 2 superstars are 22 and 20!

If any of the projects pan out into real NBA role players (Shake 22, Norvel 26, Marial 24, Christ 23, Furkan 22, Jonah 23) they are all young enough to be under 27 in their prime.

This team has a stacked starting lineup with 10 or 11 guys deep where only 2 of them are over 30.

Ben 22, Joel 25, Josh 25, Tobias 27, Tisse 22, Zhaire 20, Horford 33

Compare the 7 above to some of the other contenders around the league...

Bucks- Giannis at 24, Middleton at nearly 28, and a bunch of 30+ year olds. Do they have anyone under 26 with any potential for starting other than Giannis??

Raptors- Siakam and Van Vleet at 25, Anunoby at 22. Everyone else worth a mention on the wrong side of 30.

Celtics- Tatum at 21, Brown 22, Hayward 29, Kemba 29, Smart 25, Kanter 27. That's close age wise but not as talented and 2 starters will be 30 midway through the season.

Pacers- Brogdon 26, Oladipo 27, Lamb 27, Turner 23, Warren 25, Sabonis 23. Again, close in age but not in talent.

Nets- Kyrie 27, Allen 21, Dinwiddie 26, Harris 27, Prince 25, LeVert 24, KD 30. This might be the best comparison, if KD comes back the same. But Sixers are still much younger.

Lakers- AD, Kuzma and a bunch of 30+ year olds.

Jazz- 3 starters alone in their 30s. Gobert 27, Mitchell 22, Exum 24

Rockets- Capela? Oh nevermind they are so old.

Blazers- Dame 29, CJ 27, Baze 30, Nurkic 24, Collins 21, Whiteside 30

Warriors- Klay 29, Steph 31, Dray 29, Russ 23

Clippers- PG 29, Kawhi 28, Pat Bev 31, Lou 32, Hark 26, Harrell 25, Shamet 22. Better Talent, but a heck of a lot older. Average 2 years younger or so.

Did I miss anyone??

How can you look at those lists and tell me the Sixers aren't the stacked the best for the next 3 to 5 years as a the youngest competitive team in the league???
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Re: Best Young Team in the NBA- Sixers 

Post#2 » by rzzzzz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 pm

just hope this group can develop the same kind of chemistry that the Clips seem to generate B4 the big signings.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#3 » by kuclas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:34 pm

The window to win can close quickly. Look at all the potential 2010-2012 okc had. And they were further along than sixers plus younger.

Same with Boston the past 3 season. 2 conference finals. And this past season regressed.

Washington had young core in Beal/wall/porter.

Anything less than nba finals would not be acceptable to sixers fan for 2019-2020 season. Cause our window can close fast due to injury or trades.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,398

Post#4 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:29 am

Im high with the Hawks. Maybe because I like watching Trae play.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#5 » by Skates » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Nuggets are a contender with a young core other than Milsap and the Pellies will be scary good and young over the next few years.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,697

Post#6 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 pm

The Hawks and the Bulls are teams that the league should be afraid of.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#7 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:33 pm

Hawks, Bulls and Cavs are coming.

Don't be surprised if some high seed in the East gets upset in the first round by any of the three.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#8 » by stormi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Hawks, Bulls and Cavs are coming.

Don't be surprised if some high seed in the East gets upset in the first round by any of the three.

Hawks are the most likely, but their depth kinda sucks
Bulls play no defense whatsoever. Love the Sato pickup tho.
Cavs have legitimately one of the worst rosters in the league, and I stan Garland/KPJ
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#9 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:53 pm

stormi wrote:

Hawks are the most likely, but their depth kinda sucks
Bulls play no defense whatsoever. Love the Sato pickup tho.
Cavs have legitimately one of the worst rosters in the league, and I stan Garland/KPJ

I agree. I'm a Garland fan and I like Satoransky, but both those teams are still going to be horrible.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#10 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Negrodamus wrote:The Hawks and the Bulls are teams that the league should be afraid of.

The Hawks yes, the Bulls no. Trae Young will be an All-Star this season, and they have an identity. The Bulls don't have a single player that is All-Star caliber and their best player (Lavine) gives away as much as he adds, every game.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#11 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 am

LloydFree wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:The Hawks and the Bulls are teams that the league should be afraid of.

The Hawks yes, the Bulls no. Trae Young will be an All-Star this season, and they have an identity. The Bulls don't have a single player that is All-Star caliber and their best player (Lavine) gives away as much as he adds, every game.

We might have different valuations on Bulls players but a core of: Markkanen, Carter, LaVine, Porter, Coby White, Thad Young, Sato, and Hutchison is supremely talented in my opinion. I am fully expecting them to make a playoff push in the East next year with a healthy offseason to jell with Otto Porter.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#12 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

We might have different valuations on Bulls players but a core of: Markkanen, Carter, LaVine, Porter, Coby White, Thad Young, Sato, and Hutchison is supremely talented in my opinion. I am fully expecting them to make a playoff push in the East next year with a healthy offseason to jell with Otto Porter.

We definitely have a different valuation of the Bulls players. Otto Porter is very good. If Lavine, in his 6th NBA Season, starts playing smarter, he could be a very good player too. The rest of them are nothing but average players at best. They aren't any better than Orlando, talent wise.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,013

Post#13 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Lavine has to be the guy people have the most wildly diverging opinions on in the league. I’m not a fan.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#14 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:20 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
LloydFree wrote:The Hawks yes, the Bulls no. Trae Young will be an All-Star this season, and they have an identity. The Bulls don't have a single player that is All-Star caliber and their best player (Lavine) gives away as much as he adds, every game.

We definitely have a different valuation of the Bulls players. Otto Porter is very good. If Lavine, in his 6th NBA Season, starts playing smarter, he could be a very good player too. The rest of them are nothing but average players at best. They aren't any better than Orlando, talent wise.

Well, they're young. So I'm banking on improvement across the board along with most of these guys being healthy. However, that said, they have two bigs that were built for today's NBA which will open the lanes for LaVine and White. I think my biggest concern would be hitching my wagon to LaVine as their best creator, but there is enough talent here to make the playoffs and be a concern. At minimum, they have the makings of a package in a year or two to bring in a legit superstar.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#15 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:43 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Well, they're young. So I'm banking on improvement across the board along with most of these guys being healthy. However, that said, they have two bigs that were built for today's NBA which will open the lanes for LaVine and White. I think my biggest concern would be hitching my wagon to LaVine as their best creator, but there is enough talent here to make the playoffs and be a concern. At minimum, they have the makings of a package in a year or two to bring in a legit superstar.

The Bulls bigs aren't special. Wendell Carter is an average prospect. Has no elite quality. He'll be an average NBA Center. And the idea of the stretch 4 isn't confounding to the NBA anymore. Lauri Markanen isn't somebody that's going to beat your team unless he's paired with a top Center who's commanding all of the attention. Unless his type is playing with Giannis, Embiid or Davis, he isn't anything.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#16 » by bball4life » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Hawks have an outside chance to make some noise this year. The Bulls will be lucky to win 35 games. And the Cavs are absolutely putrid. Will be fighting for DFL in the league. Not sure what you see.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#17 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 pm

bball4life wrote:The Bulls will be lucky to win 35 games.

Their starting lineup is sooooo legit.

Carter
Markkanen
Porter
Lavine
White

It's easy to forecast their upcoming emergence when you actually stare at the talent accumulation. Don't sleep on the Bulls.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#18 » by Negrodamus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 pm

I'm a little confused why people in this thread are down on the Bulls. They have an excellent lineup for the modern NBA and have added depth this offseason. Also the East is pretty mediocre next year.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,013

Post#19 » by Sixerscan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I'm a little confused why people in this thread are down on the Bulls. They have an excellent lineup for the modern NBA and have added depth this offseason. Also the East is pretty mediocre next year.

They went 22-60 last year and their big off season pickup was Thad. They were 19 games out of a playoff spot, the top of the east is clearly worse but I still think you can expect 8 teams to win 40+ games. They'll be a better with a full season of Porter and some development from the young guys, but a 18-20 win improvement just seems a little steep.

I just think the people high on the Bulls are banking on more internal improvement from their young players than really seems wise. They need a lot of things to go right or at least not wrong.

Also don't really ever trust a team starting a 19 year point guard. Tony Parker and Marbury are the only two teenage guards to ever start a playoff game. (And I don't see a KG or a Tim Duncan on the Bulls)
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,448

Post#20 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:45 pm

We're young, but I don't consider us one of the best young teams. Our squad feels more like a veteran roster despite that not really being the truth. Depending on the step(S) Trey Young takes, I think Atlanta is the best young team in the east. I really like their roster.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers