Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1461 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:02 am

bargnanimvp wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed Pulsic couldn't make it into the starting XI. Rotations can still happen in a crowded schedule but I don't think that speaks highly of him.

I'm not surprised, he's been a bit over rated by all the American fans and the German press and fans weren't sure why people were acting like he'd replace Hazard. I think he'll work his way into the starting XI though.

I'm not sure anyone was expecting him to replace Hazard.

But when you drop ~$70 million on a kid, in a rebuilding year. He should be able to make your opening XI.

Maybe he does work his way in, but again you dropped a **** ton of cash on him and lost a legend like Hazard. You should at least be the first choice or it doesn't speak well to your quality as a player.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#1462 » by bargnanimvp » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed Pulsic couldn't make it into the starting XI. Rotations can still happen in a crowded schedule but I don't think that speaks highly of him.

I'm not surprised, he's been a bit over rated by all the American fans and the German press and fans weren't sure why people were acting like he'd replace Hazard. I think he'll work his way into the starting XI though.

But when you drop ~$70 million on a kid, in a rebuilding year. He should be able to make your opening XI.

Maybe he does work his way in, but again you dropped a **** ton of cash on him and lost a legend like Hazard. You should at least be the first choice or it doesn't speak well to your quality as a player.

Do you read the internet?

Chelsea overpaid, i think pulisic will be good but the price they paid was higher than his current ability was worth.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#1463 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:07 am

bargnanimvp wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:I'm not surprised, he's been a bit over rated by all the American fans and the German press and fans weren't sure why people were acting like he'd replace Hazard. I think he'll work his way into the starting XI though.

Chelsea overpaid, i think pulisic will be good but the price they paid was higher than his current ability was worth.

Again the fact that you think Chelsea overpaid kind of paid homage to no one thinking he's here to replace Hazard.

I read plenty, I don't think anyone said that. If anything whenever Hazard is mentioned in regards to Pulsic it's only to say he's no Hazard that's for sure, ect ect ect.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1464 » by HIF » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 am

No-one replaces Hazard.

Chelsea looked godd in the first half and should have been 3 up.

They'll be a much better side against Leicester with Kanté back in the team.

I'm just hoping that they keep Zouma in the team too.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#1465 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Again the fact that you think Chelsea overpaid kind of paid homage to no one thinking he's here to replace Hazard.

I read plenty, I don't think anyone said that. If anything whenever Hazard is mentioned in regards to Pulsic it's only to say he's no Hazard that's for sure, ect ect ect.

My view means that 'no one' was thinking that?

There's been some of the big youtube channels talking about some of the absurd predictions, people saying 20 goals 10 assists and chelsea won't miss hazard and the like. A lot of people have been saying dumb **** and over rating how he will perform this season. Not sure why you are arguing this because it's just a fact that a lot of people on the internet have been talking silly.

I'm not saying media are saying that if that is what you are triggered by.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#1466 » by freethedevil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am

Pulisic is a hack. Tyler Adams is the #GOATamongBulls.

That is all.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1467 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Jun 6, 2020 2:00 pm

Looks like T. Werner will be your new aquisition.
Congrats!
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1468 » by The_Brecht » Sat Jun 6, 2020 2:10 pm

Cech is doing bits a director of football.
Ziyech and now possibly Werner and Chilwell.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1469 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Jun 6, 2020 2:22 pm

The team's perspective will be much more higher with this signings.
Gavinradred
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1470 » by Gavinradred » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 am

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1471 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:28 am

Chelsea won by a goal of Giroud against Norwich yesterday and has only two games left in the league against Liverpool and the Wolves. The chances of playing cl next season and a potential signing of Havertz are now increasing.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1472 » by HIF » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:23 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:Chelsea won by a goal of Giroud against Norwich yesterday and has only two games left in the league against Liverpool and the Wolves. The chances of playing cl next season and a potential signing of Havertz are now increasing.

They look likely to make top 4 but they could easily lose those last 2 games. Leicester and Manu play each other last game of the season but at the moment they could both overtake them. Chelsea also have much weaker GD so if Manure and Leicester can get 3 points from the next 2 games they may only need to draw their final match for both teams to sneak ahead of Chelsea. I'd take those points in the bag over the potential of 6 from the last 3 of the chasers though.

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1473 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:14 am

Now with one journey left in the league it looks much better. They're now on the thrid seed have comparing to the both other teams the best chances to play cl next season.
Nevertheless they apparently get another huge signing in K. Havertz.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1474 » by HIF » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:28 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:Now with one journey left in the league it looks much better. They're now on the thrid seed have comparing to the both other teams the best chances to play cl next season.
Nevertheless they apparently get another huge signing in K. Havertz.

They look certain to play in CL thanks to our poor performances but it is possible that they lose both their final two games and then Leicester and Manchester would only need a point - so a draw in the final game to leapfrog them.

Havertz won't be joining Chelsea if they don't make the CL.

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#1475 » by Foye » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:00 pm

Chelsea really need to get rid of Azpilicueta
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1476 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:33 pm

Foye wrote:Chelsea really need to get rid of Azpilicueta

Kepa plays like a L. Karius.
:banghead:
libertyYYZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#1477 » by libertyYYZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 pm

Foye wrote:Chelsea really need to get rid of Azpilicueta

Dave has lost a step, for sure. James and Chilwell seem to be stepping in at a high level. Would love to have a Robertson or Alexander-Arnold who are at another level.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1478 » by stormi » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:43 am

Håland soon :p
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1479 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Dec 5, 2020 10:17 pm

No.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1480 » by HIF » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 am

Paul Lewis wrote:Guys, what do you think about Frank Lampard's coaching prospects at Chelsea?

I've never agreed with great players getting a big coaching job before they've worked through the system. I'd prefer that all coaches have to coach at a lower level before getting a prem job. Having said that I think that Frank has a good footballing brain and will one day be a very good coach. I think it's far too early to sack him. Give him at least the rest of this season (personally I'd not be against him having next season as well but then I'm not a Chelsea supporter am I?) Maybe with Olé turning things around from a similar position Frank will be given the same chance. I reckon Frank is a better coach than Olé.

However Prem clubs are not known for giving managers time and the chances we'll see an old coach return if Chelsea lose their next two games must be quite high.

Return to The General Soccer Board