ImageImageImageImageImage

various Raptors @ Rico Hines workout get congrats (Rico forgets about Norm)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Re: various Raptors @ Rico Hines workout get congrats (Rico forgets about Norm) 

Post#41 » by Metallikid » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 am

Quick shout out to our **** amazing front office, coaching staff and players. We're gonna **** people up all year it's gonna be so sweet.

WHAT IT DO BAYYYYYBYYYY!!
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,165

Post#42 » by Anatomize » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 am

FVV is just so composed. You see how tense and physical other guys are and how much they wanna will themselves, and he just calmly does whatever he wants, not much force or energy exerted, it really wears off on teammates because they don't feel stressed with him at the helm.

RHJ is tantalizing in transition, same with Powell really.

Stan's three pointer is looking closer to his SL days, it looks back to his regular form instead of that little sideways shot he had going during his Pistons tenure (his hand would flick to the right instead of straight on), and you see him swishing a lot of his shots. One of my concerns with him is how lackadaisical he is with the ball when he drives, he gets stripped going in the lane consistently, he's not strong holding onto the ball and loses his focus on getting to the basket, sort of half committing and slowing down just enough for strips to take place.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Post#43 » by S.W.A.N » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 am

Man I can't stress how much I love the fact that our young guys are there as one squad, and that our coaches are involved with the runs. This just one more brick in our foundation of building a winning culture.

I really looking forward to seeing how this teams plays this year. I'm thinking people are going to be sleeping on how good these guys can be. The defense this year should be nasty.
We the North
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#44 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:55 am

lolwut wrote:Is that... DARRICK MURRAY???

isn't it Darrick Martin?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,328

Post#45 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:18 am

VV is the guy that gets picked last in the pick-up game then proceeds to dominate everyone on the court.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Post#46 » by YogiStewart » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:50 am

nabbs wrote:
lolwut wrote:Is that... DARRICK MURRAY???

YEssir. Been there all summer

Rico's paying him in steak dinners.
gha4life
Rookie
And1: 386

Post#47 » by gha4life » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:11 pm

E-TRAK wrote:Where's OG??..

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using RealGM mobile app
if u freeze it at 11:08 hes warming the bench, couldnt upload the pic

Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#48 » by Klayforspicy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:47 pm

gha4life wrote:

I know video footage isn't the end all be all of showing commitment but I'm going to be really annoyed if OG hasn't improved this year. I really hope he's not paying video games.

Maybe he does his stuff privately, which is perfectly fine, I guess Demar spoiled us. Although some used to get on DD for showing too much shooting drills in an empty gym.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,913

Post#49 » by T-d0t » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Mikistan wrote:I can't tell which one is Terence Davis?

Also who is the guy for the first 7 mins with tall hair an an earing, that's not butler is it?
The only guy wearing a headband is Terence
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#50 » by And1Skip » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Not sure how much footage is left out as it does appear to show most of the makes for the games that go up to 7, but haven't seen 1 Matt Thomas 3 pter. Maybe because they don't know who he is and they edited out his highlights but he did have 1 layup but mostly I see terrible defence with slow rotations and poor lateral movement from him. And Malcolm Miller will likely be cut.
UnRealGM
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,151

Post#51 » by UnRealGM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:51 pm

gha4life wrote:

CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,819

Post#52 » by CoachD » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:16 pm

I REALLY want Johnson to do well because I'm planning to launch a line of merch that will sell better than that "Fun Guy" crap.

"I'm a Stan stan"
super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#53 » by super_balls » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm

UnRealGM wrote:
gha4life wrote:

Man, I'm starting to think he's still "injured".Haven't seen him on court but it's weird because he was "available" for Games 4-6 of the finals.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#54 » by MadDogSHWA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:42 pm

I love Rico. I wonder if the Raps have cut him a cheque. (They should have)

This is so great for our young guys. They can actually play against NBA players but also play somewhere that is dead serious. For fans we get to see some footage that has some value. This isn't drew league.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#55 » by And1Skip » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:I love Rico. I wonder if the Raps have cut him a cheque. (They should have)

This is so great for our young guys. They can actually play against NBA players but also play somewhere that is dead serious. For fans we get to see some footage that has some value. This isn't drew league.

In September last year during training camp, Rico Hines on his instagram took a video of a package he received from Nick Nurse that was simply a box of various Raptors apparel and a card from Nick that just said "Thanks for Everything". I don't know of there's a cheque from the Raps. I'm sure each of the players pay entrance fees and pay UCLA for the use of their facilities.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,289

Post#56 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm

6ixSideSniper wrote:FVV looks to have slimmed down.

If his secret for that is playing in long adidas track pants, then I am getting a pair
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#57 » by Northface82 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Raptors running the show!
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#58 » by MEDIC » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Davis & Hernandez are Delon & Jakob 2.0.

No 3's by Thomas, but one layup. He's definitely Kapono 2.0.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#59 » by MadDogSHWA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 pm

And1Skip wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:I love Rico. I wonder if the Raps have cut him a cheque. (They should have)

In September last year during training camp, Rico Hines on his instagram took a video of a package he received from Nick Nurse that was simply a box of various Raptors apparel and a card from Nick that just said "Thanks for Everything". I don't know of there's a cheque from the Raps. I'm sure each of the players pay entrance fees and pay UCLA for the use of their facilities.

That's awesome. It sounds like there is a biz model in place where Rico is appropriately compensated. He can probably do this as long as he wants to.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
MonkBatter42
RealGM
And1: 21,115

Post#60 » by MonkBatter42 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Something about Stanley Johnson looks totally unremarkable. I've seen his highlights in other Rico Hines videos as well, and he looks very unaggressive and tentative with the ball. You have a bunch of no-name guys in the runs playing hard, aggressive dribble penetration, and strong finishing, and he just take a couple of very soft and indecisive dribbles at the top of the three point line and then pulls up.

Return to Toronto Raptors