ImageImageImageImageImage

various Raptors @ Rico Hines workout get congrats (Rico forgets about Norm)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,523

Re: various Raptors @ Rico Hines workout get congrats (Rico forgets about Norm) 

Post#61 » by BetterCallSaul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Just want to point out that they obviously aren't using an NBA three point line, so make sure you keep that in mind before you get too excited by watching some of these makes.
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#62 » by Klayforspicy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm

MonkBatter42 wrote:Something about Stanley Johnson looks totally unremarkable. I've seen his highlights in other Rico Hines videos as well, and he looks very unaggressive and tentative with the ball. You have a bunch of no-name guys in the runs playing hard, aggressive dribble penetration, and strong finishing, and he just take a couple of very soft and indecisive dribbles at the top of the three point line and then pulls up.
He still looks like he's learning to play pro basketball. Picking up his dribble and being a bit indecisive.

Guys are not even bothering to play him aggressively. It's like a kid taking driving lessons.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,152

Post#63 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:53 pm

MEDIC wrote:Davis & Hernandez are Delon & Jakob 2.0.

No 3's by Thomas, but one layup. He's definitely Kapono 2.0.

:lol: :lol:

based off a summer run. thanks for coming out.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,740

Post#64 » by And1Skip » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:40 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:Just want to point out that they obviously aren't using an NBA three point line, so make sure you keep that in mind before you get too excited by watching some of these makes.

Isn't the blue line the NBA 3 pt line? (there's lots of splace between the top of the key and the outer blue line. The black line sits right atop the top of the key which appears to be the college line). Regardless, it seems FVV was practising his "logo" 3's.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,212

Post#65 » by niQ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:54 pm

FVV a man amongst boys out there.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,123

Post#66 » by gp2015 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:56 pm

FVV don't even need shorts to school these fools without breaking a sweat.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#67 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Finally a good Raptors related thread on here.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
mcgrady_1
Veteran
And1: 3,159

Post#69 » by mcgrady_1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:55 am

Freddy looking like prime Lowry out there.
KingSebastian
Rookie
And1: 1,219

Post#70 » by KingSebastian » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Mikistan wrote:I can't tell which one is Terence Davis?

Also who is the guy for the first 7 mins with tall hair an an earing, that's not butler is it?
Gerry Blakes I think

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,052

Post#71 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Finally a good Raptors related thread on here.

At least until you showed up with your condescending BS that adds absolutely nothing to any thread you post in.
NBJ13
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Post#72 » by NBJ13 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Champs reloading. TD looking like a way more skilled TRoss. I like the team unity with the shorts.. except for alpha-lowry'esque Fred
RAblaze
Senior
And1: 877

Post#73 » by RAblaze » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:10 pm

Rico Hines posted another 2min of some of the Raptors session... with another familiar face in there.
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,523

Post#74 » by BetterCallSaul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm

And1Skip wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:Just want to point out that they obviously aren't using an NBA three point line, so make sure you keep that in mind before you get too excited by watching some of these makes.

Isn't the blue line the NBA 3 pt line? (there's lots of splace between the top of the key and the outer blue line. The black line sits right atop the top of the key which appears to be the college line). Regardless, it seems FVV was practising his "logo" 3's.

The outer blue arc looks like an NCAA line. Fred is obviously shooting with range, nothing we haven't seen before in actual big time NBA games, but guys like Terence and Stan J are just basically out there hitting college threes on weak competition.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#75 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 am

RAblaze wrote:

Rico Hines posted another 2min of some of the Raptors session... with another familiar face in there.

It was good to see Matt Thomas hit the 3.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,867

Post#76 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:25 am

Norm is a pretty impressive athlete yet he has bowed legs. One more than the other. This can lead to hip and joint problems eventually for a high performance athlete so I wonder how good his lateral quicks would actually be if he didn't have that kind of structural issue. He looks to be totally unaffected by it. In the playoffs his ability to shoot threes off curls looked like a new part of his game he was getting quite good at.
KingSebastian
Rookie
And1: 1,219

Post#77 » by KingSebastian » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:Norm is a pretty impressive athlete yet he has bowed legs. One more than the other. This can lead to hip and joint problems eventually for a high performance athlete so I wonder how good his lateral quicks would actually be if he didn't have that kind of structural issue. He looks to be totally unaffected by it. In the playoffs his ability to shoot threes off curls looked like a new part of his game he was getting quite good at.
I think the only benefit to his legs being straight would be his increased height. It's no different than LeBron's duck feet. It is who you are, not a physical limitation. Bow legs, pigeon toes, knock knees, duck feet,...they are more common in sports than many realize, just not easy to.notice as athletes are usually going full tilt across your screen.
That being said, I agree with the curl and shoot comment. He seemed to get better in that role after Gasol came on board. Where and when a shooter received a pass makes a huge difference in the form of the shot.
I expect big things from Norm this coming season. Not star play by any means, but consistent solid production.

Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#78 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:54 pm

KingSebastian wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:Norm is a pretty impressive athlete yet he has bowed legs. One more than the other. This can lead to hip and joint problems eventually for a high performance athlete so I wonder how good his lateral quicks would actually be if he didn't have that kind of structural issue. He looks to be totally unaffected by it. In the playoffs his ability to shoot threes off curls looked like a new part of his game he was getting quite good at.
I think the only benefit to his legs being straight would be his increased height. It's no different than LeBron's duck feet. It is who you are, not a physical limitation. Bow legs, pigeon toes, knock knees, duck feet,...they are more common in sports than many realize, just not easy to.notice as athletes are usually going full tilt across your screen.
That being said, I agree with the curl and shoot comment. He seemed to get better in that role after Gasol came on board. Where and when a shooter received a pass makes a huge difference in the form of the shot.
I expect big things from Norm this coming season. Not star play by any means, but consistent solid production.

Oh yeah - Lebron has the duckiest of feet. Jordan was pigeon toes. Kenny's knees knock so much you think someone is at the door. Two of the fastest 200m runners of all time are Michael Johnson and Usain Bolt and their stride is nothing alike so it does depend on making do with what you have.

Norm looks really, really good next to Gasol. A season starting next to him should really improve his numbers. I am excited for the potential of this year. I think OG will also benefit next to Gasol.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#79 » by arneil » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Damn! Raps team holding it together! Love to see the sqaud keep it together during the summer. They be serious about repeating this upcoming season!
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#80 » by alan_156 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Wish we could see more of Thomas and Davis against these guys, to me that's what's really intriguing... We know what fvv and norm can do

Return to Toronto Raptors