ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#401 » by nabbs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47 pm

I’ve seen Og doing gym work but nothing on court yet

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#402 » by TheBoi10 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Mr. Roboto is trying to become more fluid

YoungG
Head Coach
And1: 4,505

Post#403 » by YoungG » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 pm

A small bit of footage involving some Raptors visiting Rico again, as well as a showing of 'long hair Deebo.'

And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#404 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:47 pm

YoungG wrote:A small bit of footage involving some Raptors visiting Rico again, as well as a showing of 'long hair Deebo.'

Appears to be the same runs during that mini camp week there 2 weeks ago. I see Bjorkgren and Goodwillie watching on the sidelines but they both have been with Canadian national team for last two weeks (and in Australia now). Likely a different day of the week than the long YouTube video posted earlier. And Matt Thomas hit a 3!
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#405 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

I see a Patrick McCaw shooting a jumper.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,164

Post#406 » by niQ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

YoungG wrote:A small bit of footage involving some Raptors visiting Rico again, as well as a showing of 'long hair Deebo.'

Wow, finally footage of Matt Thomas actually hitting a 3!
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#407 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:10 pm

WHOA had no idea Demar was there that day too to play with some of his old teammates.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,572

Post#408 » by AbC? » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Danny Green mentioned on his latest podcast that OG is rehabbing an injury and couldn't fly out of LA

Pendulum has swung too far on OG imo. He's had a really bad stretch of injury luck and family issues. Has his limitations: lacks fluidity and natural feel but I think he can turn himself into a premium 3&D guy in time.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,755

Post#409 » by ItsDanger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

What stands out with Thomas vs the other guys is that he has a quick release.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,164

Post#410 » by niQ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:Mr. Roboto is trying to become more fluid

Nah, he's just working on his dance moves.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#411 » by nabbs » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:51 pm

AbC? wrote:Danny Green mentioned on his latest podcast that OG is rehabbing an injury and couldn't fly out of LA

Pendulum has swung too far on OG imo. He's had a really bad stretch of injury luck and family issues. Has his limitations: lacks fluidity and natural feel but I think he can turn himself into a premium 3&D guy in time.

Wait is this another injury or is he referring to his appendicitis?

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#412 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 pm

AbC? wrote:Danny Green mentioned on his latest podcast that OG is rehabbing an injury and couldn't fly out of LA

nice, another writing him off.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
lorax
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#413 » by lorax » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 pm

ItsDanger wrote:What stands out with Thomas vs the other guys is that he has a quick release.

If he can stay on the floor with defense, he should get some open looks. That will be awesome.

Homer glasses sliding on!
JYD wrote:Could someone summarize the nothingness please?
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#414 » by TheBoi10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 pm

lorax wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:What stands out with Thomas vs the other guys is that he has a quick release.

If he can stay on the floor with defense, he should get some open looks. That will be awesome.

His D looked terrible in that Rico Hines Raptors clip, but if his shooting is legit it's still better than the rest of the scrubs.

Redick 2.0
wigginstruther
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#415 » by wigginstruther » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 am

TheBoi10 wrote:
lorax wrote:

His D looked terrible in that Rico Hines Raptors clip, but if his shooting is legit it's still better than the rest of the scrubs.

Redick 2.0

He's bigger and stronger than Redick and can do some stuff off the dribble, so a JJ ceiling would be amazing. He was scary during the Sixers series.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#416 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm very high on Dewan.
Loved watching him during summer league, literally got better every single game.
I really think Masai & co. found another diamond in the rough. Dewan sitting out last year was a blessing in disguise.

I think the Raptors FO and coaching staff are also very high on Dewan and Davis, that's why we see them training together and playing together in scrimmages. They're the future of our bench mob.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,559

Post#417 » by sbsat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:49 pm

wigginstruther wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
lorax wrote:If he can stay on the floor with defense, he should get some open looks. That will be awesome.

Redick 2.0

He's bigger and stronger than Redick and can do some stuff off the dribble, so a JJ ceiling would be amazing. He was scary during the Sixers series.

JJ reddick is quite strong and has crazy cardio. He wears out his defenders. Matt Thomas nowhere near Reddick at this point
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#418 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:59 am

Powell's Tuesday Workout
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#419 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 am

around here we call that Bragnani fan boy vision. OG will be coming off the bench and his name will be in trade talks before next season is over. Dude this guy has missed months up on months of basketball. I'm not talking NBA basketball level but any real level of basketball to work on his game. If you can't work on your game then how are you going to get better ? Smh Remember who called it when OG's name is in trade talks next season. Stanley johnson made him replaceable because they're basically the same player. I'm not here for any long debates. Just remember who called it when his name is in trade talks. The biggest mistake the raptors made was not sending OG down to the G league like they did with Fred and Pascal.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#420 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:11 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:

around here we call that Bragnani fan boy vision. OG will be coming off the bench and his name will be in trade talks before next season is over. Dude this guy has missed months up on months of basketball. I'm not talking NBA basketball level but any real level of basketball to work on his game. If you can't work on your game then how are you going to get better ? Smh Remember who called it when OG's name is in trade talks next season. Stanley johnson made him replaceable because they're basically the same player. I'm not here for any long debates. Just remember who called it when his name is in trade talks. The biggest mistake the raptors made was not sending OG down to the G league like they did with Fred and Pascal.

Jesus christ

Return to Toronto Raptors