Image ImageImage Image

Chicago Bulls 2019-20 Schedule

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Chicago Bulls 2019-20 Schedule 

Post#41 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:08 am

Well looking at Charlotte roster , which is game 1, I feel Zach at the 1 gives them the best chance to win.

Dunn vs rozier is probably to close to call so give me Zach and then the bulls looks good 1-5, will even give Dunn his matchup at the 2.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#42 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 am

PaKii94 wrote:while I don't like how quickly life is flying by, I can't wait till the season starts up again. It's one of life's paradoxes I guess :sigh:

Believe this goes for many sports fans, hate to wish time away but dammit we need sports!!.

Thankfully Football is around the corner.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#43 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 am

I predict a good start to the season

But the end to our season is pretty brutal and could determine us missing the playoffs by a game or 2.

I also believe that if we are having a decent season, john paxson will pull off a deal at the deadline in Hope's to make us a legit playoff team.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#44 » by Indomitable » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Well looking at Charlotte roster , which is game 1, I feel Zach at the 1 gives them the best chance to win.

Dunn vs rozier is probably to close to call so give me Zach and then the bulls looks good 1-5, will even give Dunn his matchup at the 2.

What?
:banghead:
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#45 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 am

weneeda2guard wrote:I predict a good start to the season

But the end to our season is pretty brutal and could determine us missing the playoffs by a game or 2.

I also believe that if we are having a decent season, john paxson will pull off a deal at the deadline in Hope's to make us a legit playoff team.

I belive it's better for a young team to take lumps early rather than late.

We should be focus on developing this year. If we don't make the playoffs i won't be upset either tho
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#46 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 am

Hangtime84 wrote:

We should be focus on developing this year. If we don't make the playoffs i won't be upset either tho

I think if we're being honest with ourselves, and remove the excitement of the new additions and the new season, I think most people aren't expecting the playoffs - hell, even our predications show that most of us don't believe the playoffs aren't in the Bulls future, at least this upcoming season. That said, I'm expecting some tangiable improvements, not only record wise, but significant improvements from some of our younger players, and glimpses of promise from our rookies also. With all that, and we miss the playoffs, I'd consider that a successful season.
Why so serious?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#47 » by coldfish » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:

I think if we're being honest with ourselves, and remove the excitement of the new additions and the new season, I think most people aren't expecting the playoffs - hell, even our predications show that most of us don't believe the playoffs aren't in the Bulls future, at least this upcoming season. That said, I'm expecting some tangiable improvements, not only record wise, but significant improvements from some of our younger players, and glimpses of promise from our rookies also. With all that, and we miss the playoffs, I'd consider that a successful season.

I dunno. The first thing everyone says is "what about injuries".

If the team gets hit with the injury bug but they play well when everyone is healthy and win 35, I don't think people will be screaming. If they are almost perfectly healthy all season long, have good and bad stretches and end up winning 35, I think people will be disappointed.
Swuul
Junior
And1: 276

Post#48 » by Swuul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm

This season there are actually a few home matches I could stay up and watch. Not only because Bulls should be better now, but also because I don't have to get up 3:30 AM to watch matches. I think there was zero matches last season which started 22:00 local time last season, now there seems to be at least two, plus a couple which start on Saturdays at midnight.

As a bonus, the end of season is very TV friendly for us european fans, because the west-coast matches start early in the morning. For example the last two away matches in April vs the LA teams, which might be important for play-off spots (one can hope so, at least) start at half past five local time in the morning, which is very nice for me (I usually get up around 6 AM anyway in the mornings); just have to arrange stuff so that I don't have a morning shift at work on those days :)
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#49 » by nomorezorro » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Indomitable wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Well looking at Charlotte roster , which is game 1, I feel Zach at the 1 gives them the best chance to win.

What?

this dude has insanely made a habit of analyzing basketball games as a series of 1v1 positional matchups between each team's starting five...probably best not to engage
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#50 » by Indomitable » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:05 pm

nomorezorro wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

What?

this dude has insanely made a habit of analyzing basketball games as a series of 1v1 positional matchups between each team's starting five...probably best not to engage

I assumed he just did not edit.

Anyway fans with a brain will realize. GarPax has put together a team that needs Zach, Lauri, and Dunn/White to playmake.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#51 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 pm

nomorezorro wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

What?

Yeah it's a lot of player A being better than player B which gives team A an advantage.
Insane I know.
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,004

Post#52 » by Peelboy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Initial perusing suggests to me:
October 3-2 (win 3 of @CHA, @MEM, @NY, @CLE / lose v TOR)
November 6-9 (win v DET, V NY, v BKN, @ CHA, one of DET/MIA, v MIL / lose @IND, v LAL, @ATL, v HOU, @MIL, one of v DET/MIA, v POR, @ GS, @ POR)
December 7-7 (win @SAC, v MEM, v TOR, v ATL, v CHA, @WAS, one of @DET/ORL, v ATL / lose v GS, @MIA, v LAC, @OKC, one of @DET/ORL, v MIL)
January 7-10 (win v IND, @ DET, v WAS, v CLE, v SAC, @ CLE, v SA / lose v UTA, v BOS, @ DAL, @ NO, @ BOS, @ PHL, @ MIL, v MIN, @IND, @BKN)
February 7-2 (win v NO, @WAS, v CHA, v PHX, v WAS, v OKC, @ NY / lose @TOR, @PHL)
March 5-10 (win v DAL, v CLE, @ORL, v MIA, v NY / lose @ MIN, v IND, @ BKN, @MIA, v BOS, @SA, @HOU, v DEN, v PHL, @ UTA)
April 3-4 (win @ PHX, v BKN, v ORL / lose @DEN, @LAL, @LAC, @BOS)

Total record: 38-44

Of course all of this is just wild-ass speculation with so much league-wide turnover, no one knowing how Boylen's scheme will work for a full year, health, etc. But for snicks, the bottoms up seems to match right about what I would have guessed top-down. FOr reference, #8 seed Detroit last year had 41 wins so Bulls would be just off that pace.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#53 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 pm

We need to make the playoffs this year, even if that is a stretch goal. Think its possible, and if we stay healthy, the talent is there to make it happen honestly. They just need to click and play hard.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#54 » by Indomitable » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:38 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:
Indomitable wrote:What?

Yeah it's a lot of player A being better than player B which gives team A an advantage.
Insane I know.

That is more true in the Playoffs
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#55 » by Ferulci » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:08 pm

If we are serious about playoff, we better secure the spot by Mid March because the last stretch is BRUTAL.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#56 » by PaKii94 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Conspiracy theory time: What if the tough stretch of our schedule was pushed to the end of the season so we look respectable at All-Star break considering Chicago is hosting?
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: Schedule release thread 

Post#57 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:31 pm

We don't even make this list ONCE.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27282447/nba-schedule-release-games-wait-see-2019-20

The Timberwolves are on there.
Hornets, Grizzlies even.

We're not even good enough for a Players ONLY game?
At least Chuck can't clown us if were not on.

Luka is here March 2nd :thumbsup:
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#58 » by PaKii94 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#59 » by nomorezorro » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:23 pm

i would truly hoot and holler if we finished with a better record than the nets
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#60 » by TheHrvReport » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pelicans 45 wins ? :crazy:

Return to Chicago Bulls