More Trade Value: Karl-Anthony Towns or Devin Booker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who?

Devin Booker
9%
Karl-Anthony Towns
91%

Total votes: 173

Rubio9Guy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,290

Re: More Trade Value: Karl-Anthony Towns or Devin Booker 

Post#81 » by Rubio9Guy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:13 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Towns is more valuable, the dude has been on the cusp of being an all star since coming into the league and finally made one last season. Booker is no chopped liver tho and the people bashing him are a little off kilter.
He made his 2nd last year fyi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using RealGM mobile app
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#82 » by Revenged25 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:14 pm

I wanted to say Booker but considering the lack of talent at Center... I went with Townes. I think it really depends on what a team already has in place and what they need, but since finding scoring from a guard is easier, even if it's not at the level of Booker, Townes get the vote since what he brings is only produced by a few players at that position.
Bdc17
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#83 » by Bdc17 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 11:35 pm

I’m shocked 11 people have voted Booker. KAT is a better and more efficient scorer at a scarcer position and at least an average defender. Age and contract are essentially the same and neither have shown the ability to carry a team. KAT and it’s not even close.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#84 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 am

Crives wrote:
Woody Allen wrote:
Crives wrote:
No. He is obviously trash
Read on Twitter
?s=21

How many games did Booker win post break? 5?

When you're on a team like that defenses don't take you seriously or play with any kind of intensity. It's a lot easier to stuff the stat sheet in a game that is played like practice. Hence comparing Harden and Booker is ridiculous. Houston was a top 5 team, Phoenix was the worst.

And yes, the fact that Phoenix can't get off the bottom of the league speaks a lot about how great Booker is.

I think your post speaks to you not realizing what Booker has been dealing with and what the suns roster looked like most nights last year.

I really don’t have much more to say. those of us that have watched Book night in and out can’t wait for him to prove his haters wrong.

If there's one thing I've learned in my years on this site, it's that you should always listen to post like this over statistical analysis. I mean, he's watched the guy a lot (because he plays for his favorite team) and knows he's going to be good. What more is there to say? Maybe, one day, a player who fans said was great will end up not being great, and I'll have to reassess how I do things, but for now "his fans like him" is the gold-standard seal of approval for me.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#85 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:44 am

Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Crives wrote:
What??? Devin Booker is the reason McD picks busted??? Not the 5 coaches in the last 4 years or the terrible culture McD built??
Devin Booker is one of the best passing shooting guards in the league.

You are overvaluing a good player on a bad team the last few years imo… he aint no star or future star if his current level of play continues.

If Books level of play post all star break continues Book will be an all star, all nba, likely scoring champ, and a top mvp candidate. An efficient 31 ppg on 61% TS is an insane level of play for a guard. Especially when you add in 7 assists per game.

Good job trying to change the subject though. If you really think Book is the reason for McD poor drafting and culture setting then there is no point to this discussion.

I mean, he didn't come all that close to leading the league in scoring post all star break... So these all feel like really, really good money making opportunities if you are right.

Booker has strongly positive value on his contract, and is very good, but his value is a bit (but only a bit!) lower than his counting stats suggest because of all the losing he's done. Towns is significantly better and therefore significantly more valuable.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#86 » by Crives » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 am

Prospect Dong wrote:
Crives wrote:
Stillwater wrote:You are overvaluing a good player on a bad team the last few years imo… he aint no star or future star if his current level of play continues.

If Books level of play post all star break continues Book will be an all star, all nba, likely scoring champ, and a top mvp candidate. An efficient 31 ppg on 61% TS is an insane level of play for a guard. Especially when you add in 7 assists per game.

Good job trying to change the subject though. If you really think Book is the reason for McD poor drafting and culture setting then there is no point to this discussion.

I mean, he didn't come all that close to leading the league in scoring post all star break... So these all feel like really, really good money making opportunities if you are right.

Booker has strongly positive value on his contract, and is very good, but his value is a bit (but only a bit!) lower than his counting stats suggest because of all the losing he's done. Towns is significantly better and therefore significantly more valuable.

Book averaged 31 ppg post all star break. That would have won the scoring title 7 of the last 10 years. 31 ppg from a 22 year old on great efficiency is nothing to take lightly.
Crives
General Manager

Post#87 » by Crives » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 am

Prospect Dong wrote:
Crives wrote:
Woody Allen wrote:

How many games did Booker win post break? 5?

When you're on a team like that defenses don't take you seriously or play with any kind of intensity. It's a lot easier to stuff the stat sheet in a game that is played like practice. Hence comparing Harden and Booker is ridiculous. Houston was a top 5 team, Phoenix was the worst.

And yes, the fact that Phoenix can't get off the bottom of the league speaks a lot about how great Booker is.

I think your post speaks to you not realizing what Booker has been dealing with and what the suns roster looked like most nights last year.

I really don’t have much more to say. those of us that have watched Book night in and out can’t wait for him to prove his haters wrong.

If there's one thing I've learned in my years on this site, it's that you should always listen to post like this over statistical analysis. I mean, he's watched the guy a lot (because he plays for his favorite team) and knows he's going to be good. What more is there to say? Maybe, one day, a player who fans said was great will end up not being great, and I'll have to reassess how I do things, but for now "his fans like him" is the gold-standard seal of approval for me.

If you read the thread you would see many stats behind my arguments.

What’s wrong for a fan to be hopeful for their star?? Reread my post.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#88 » by shrink » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 am

Even if you want to talk about post All Star break, Karl Anthony Towns averaged 28 PPG, 13 RPG, 4 APG. TS% 64% on 33% Usage.

He’s a freak.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Crives
General Manager

Post#89 » by Crives » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 am

shrink wrote:Even if you want to talk about post All Star break, Karl Anthony Towns averaged 28 PPG, 13 RPG, 4 APG. TS% 64% on 33% Usage.

He’s a freak.

I don’t think I’ve made a single book vs KAT comparison.. just defending Book and highlighting that he does not suck.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#90 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:40 am

Let it go Bookman's biggest fan ... nobody cares about empty stats on bad teams. if you are right he will probably have to join a contender to win anything because those numbers suggest me first cant be a team guy mentallity and the fact he couldn't carry a bad team like the true greats that are me first types have suggests he aint that level of player. hes Irving or Beal at best
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#91 » by jpengland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Neither play defense and that hurts KAT more as a big.

That said, I think KAT has more chance of becoming passable on that end and Booker is coming off a not so great shooting season

KAT has more value.

But personally I wouldnt build around either of the and so wouldn't give up as much as I know they would actually fetch.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#92 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:59 am

Bdc17 wrote:I’m shocked 11 people have voted Booker. KAT is a better and more efficient scorer at a scarcer position and at least an average defender. Age and contract are essentially the same and neither have shown the ability to carry a team. KAT and it’s not even close.

im surprised anyone voted for KAT.... people just seem to love efficent shooting bigs who score. Kat is like a rich mans brook lopez. he isnt a difference maker and he never will be. he will be the next generations Lamarcus Aldridge.

Booker has a chance to be a real star when his game matures.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#93 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:21 am

Prokorov wrote:
Bdc17 wrote:I’m shocked 11 people have voted Booker. KAT is a better and more efficient scorer at a scarcer position and at least an average defender. Age and contract are essentially the same and neither have shown the ability to carry a team. KAT and it’s not even close.

im surprised anyone voted for KAT.... people just seem to love efficent shooting bigs who score. Kat is like a rich mans brook lopez. he isnt a difference maker and he never will be. he will be the next generations Lamarcus Aldridge.

I am not sure this was suppose to be in green font or you misspelled sections or both.

Buuuuut, then I remember this is same persons who describes players (Towns even I think?) with descriptive words like CANCER.

End result is I am very confused.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#94 » by DanishLakerFan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:14 am

Prokorov wrote:

LOL. I'd argue people are more likely to fall in love with the one-way scoring guards.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#95 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 am

Long thread for a lopsided poll.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,730

Post#96 » by darmani » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 pm

The "Not even close" Crew is gonna look really stupid in a few months.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker

Return to Trades and Transactions