HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Bleacher Report: Dallas Win 44 Games 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 pm

T11. Dallas Mavericks (44-38)

Schedule

Luka Doncic had 1,526 points, 563 rebounds and 429 assists in his rookie season. Oscar Robertson is the only other rookie in NBA history to hit all three marks.

A step forward in efficiency could make Luka one of the best players in the league. He was already 30th in offensive real plus-minus and 86th overall RPM last season.

Plus, with a full recovery from Kristaps Porzingis, Dallas could have one of the most devastating pick-and-roll/pop attacks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2848586-2019-20-nba-schedule-release-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 830

Re: Bleacher Report: Dallas Win 44 Games 

Post#2 » by Teffer10 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:12 pm

I like the prediction for Dallas but some of those are really reaching.

OKC after losing Westbrook and George with 40 wins? Don't see that happening.

Kings are about to take a huge leap imo so I see them a little better.

GSW without Durant and Thompson at 51 wins? Could happen but I don't see them that good.

I think Clips will eventually establish themselves as the elite team of the West with that incredible defense.

Mavs at 44 is possible but I think that is definitely a best case scenario.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#3 » by dirkforpres » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:34 pm

44 is about where I had them. There’s potential for them to win more if Delon Wright takes a step forward and Porzingis stays healthy
FIRE JASON KIDD
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#4 » by SOUNDCHASER » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:01 am

WOW Dallas getting a lot of respect here. I think someone is a mav's fan in secret. Good I think we deserve that respect.

BOS and GSW are getting over rated if you ask me.

I can see us winning 44 games I just think the parity is going to make things tough for everyone. IT is tough in the west.

Luka and Porzingas will have to rise to the top of the list of duo players meaning they will rival the Duos in LA, LA, HO, TAH, and DEN. Can they do it. YES!!!

If our off season additions all pan out so that Seth is viewed as a starter level kind of contributor and DeLon is a triple double machine just a bit less so than Luka is and Boban develops the ability to play extended minutes with out being exposed for his lack of foot speed then yeah the Mav's will be a tough team that wins a lot of games and a lock for making the play offs because the weakest links won't be killing us anymore.

If that happens then those 3 additions can fill in around our duo and hold their own.

The bench is going to beast against the benches of other teams that much is a given.

Starters are the question mark we all have to focus on, so how Rick gets his starters to over achieve is critical. I might play Jackson as a starter some but Seth as a SG is too hot from the 3 to just let sit. Boban I feel will dominate against the other teams bruisers so I see him usurping Powell in the starting lineup if he struggles but he needs to improve his conditioning and speed. DeLon needs to hit his 3 pointers like he was doing a year or so back at 37%.

Last season we lost a lot of games late in games but we were in there at the end of games time after time.

Clutch end of game play is what we must develop so this teams soul will come together in the clutch moments and then when we shoot daggers into the heart of our competition and we take games away in the clutch, then and only then will we be ready to return to the 50 win club.

Looking at the schedule that came out today I am thinking WOW we might actually be a 50 win team if we take care of business against the lesser teams of the league while surprising the new improved teams that might take a while to get their act together.

44 is certainly doable.

If we can add a Dwight Howard or something else equally great then we are certainly going to be the talk of the league as we pose a threat to the contenders in LA DEN HOU and TAH.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,530

Post#5 » by jpengland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 am

We likely win between 38 and 47 games IMO.

A lot will depend on KP being healthy and producing at near all star level and Luka taking a step forward in terms of efficiency. If both those happen then 44 - 47 seems doable and an 8 seed is in reach.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,461

Post#6 » by Bob8 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:50 am

Too optimistic. KP haven’t been playing for almost 2 years. He will need few months to really feel the game and it will be probably too late then.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 am

Bob8 wrote:Too optimistic. KP haven’t been playing for almost 2 years. He will need few months to really feel the game and it will be probably too late then.

I hope they win the lottery. That'd be dope.

Return to Dallas Mavericks