ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,773

Re: Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest 

Post#181 » by nestea » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:46 pm

Can't believe we're still talking about this guy.
Let's move on
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#182 » by Ackshun » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 pm

nestea wrote:Can't believe we're still talking about this guy.
Let's move on

Dude. Vince Carter played for us in 2004 and there's still at least a dozen threads every year about him.

Kawhi won us a damn championship. We goin' talk, because like it or not, we wouldn't have done it without him.
gregdj
Starter
And1: 251

Post#183 » by gregdj » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Kawhi was spotted in L.A. eating Lays ketchup chips while wearing roots shorts! Let's keep all the Kawhi threads alive just incase he changes his mind and comes back... :roll:
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#184 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Let's move on

Seriously?

He arguably had the best season ever by a Raptor and led us to our first championship.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#185 » by radeonboy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Let's move on

I know, I can't believe we are still talking about "this guy" who helped bring us our first and only championship after many unsuccessful previous attempts.

Better get used to it because "this guy" will be talked about forever being linked to the Raptors championship run.
noname2797
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#186 » by noname2797 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
Let's move on

Seriously?

He arguably had the best season ever by a Raptor and led us to our first championship.

Arguably his best season too
vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#187 » by vbmeer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Considering the other infamous Raptor players' runs. Considering that Kawhi had one of the greatest playoff runs of any player in league history, and that it was in a Raptor's jersey, and easily the best playoff run by any Raptor's player that eventually culminated to the only championship in franchise history.

You'd be really, really naive to think he's just going to be swept under the carpet, when people have been talking about Vince for 15+ years.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#188 » by LJKO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:06 am

If you feel stress Kawhi at your fake home then you can always return to your real home in 2 years when we get Giannis ^_^
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,405

Post#189 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:44 am

LJKO wrote:If you feel stress Kawhi at your fake home then you can always return to your real home in 2 years when we get Giannis ^_^

SO MUCH OPTIMISM

^_____^

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,151

Post#190 » by Mehar » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:59 am

LJKO wrote:If you feel stress Kawhi at your fake home then you can always return to your real home in 2 years when we get Giannis ^_^

Giannis is not turning down a 254 million/5 year Supermax from the Bucks (the richest contract in the history of the NBA), and Kawhi will stay in LA. Like an earlier poster said- time to move on from Kawhi. Guy always wanted to be in LA, and the only superstar ever who did not want to run it back after winning a ring. Wish him well, but it is time to move on from the Kawhi chapter.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#191 » by AreBe » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:52 pm

I hope you all enjoyed the moment as advised by Kawhi. I know I did.
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#192 » by LJKO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Mehar wrote:

Giannis is not turning down a 254 million/5 year Supermax from the Bucks (the richest contract in the history of the NBA), and Kawhi will stay in LA. Like an earlier poster said- time to move on from Kawhi. Guy always wanted to be in LA, and the only superstar ever who did not want to run it back after winning a ring. Wish him well, but it is time to move on from the Kawhi chapter.

Stop over reacting and that goes for everyone :roll:
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,528

Post#193 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:10 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
Let's move on

Seriously?

He's gone, left us not to defend our title, and conspired around the league to get to LA in the fashion he wanted to. His intentions were never to stay here or embrace the city. I commend him for sound what he does best and just play basketball, but I for one can forget him because he himself barely wants to be remembered here. I mean to each their own if you wanna follow up on him and what he does in the offseason, but let's not act all surprise shocked that people have the sentiment of just let's move on from kawhi.

Thanks once again to his contribution to our Championship, duces

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,917

Post#194 » by Vorticity » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:20 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:
Let's move on

Seriously?

He's gone, left us not to defend our title, and conspired around the league to get to LA in the fashion he wanted to. His intentions were never to stay here or embrace the city. I commend him for sound what he does best and just play basketball, but I for one can forget him because he himself barely wants to be remembered here. I mean to each their own if you wanna follow up on him and what he does in the offseason, but let's not act all surprise shocked that people have the sentiment of just let's move on from kawhi.

:lol: :lol:
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,528

Post#195 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Vorticity wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:
Seriously?

:lol: :lol:

You're moving like this tho :lol:

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Rawbo619
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#196 » by Rawbo619 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm

deep818 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

When your ex still wears the friendship bracelet you made them.

When you have an ex because you made them a friendship bracelet.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#197 » by pkiskool » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Double Helix wrote:Torontonians: “We told ya it was fun in the summer!”

Kawhi: “I know. My friends and family now have this all year long plus an actual ocean! But enjoy this guys! In 5 more months it’s...”

:-(

You forgot the ha-ha-ha at the end.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,210

Post#198 » by XTC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 am

Rawbo619 wrote:
deep818 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

When your ex still wears the friendship bracelet you made them.

When you have an ex because you made them a friendship bracelet.

W
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#199 » by XxIronChainzxX » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 am

Mehar wrote:

Just like AD wouldn't turn that $ down from New Orleans? I'm pretty sure KD also had the supermax on the table in OKC.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,728

Post#200 » by maternal85 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:29 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Mehar wrote:

Just like AD wouldn't turn that $ down from New Orleans? I'm pretty sure KD also had the supermax on the table in OKC.

Exactly. Or Leonard wouldn't turn down the extra year or years the raptors could have gave him. You'd be naive to think players don't get paid under the table in this era. Nobody even hides it any more. Raptors have drake to move under the table money now.

Return to Toronto Raptors