ImageImageImage

Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving? 

Post#1 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:06 pm

I mean, I guess it's not fair cause I was tending to personal matters, and maybe that's why I didn't care, but I'm not mad at him one bit for leaving. it's clear he's not a leader and your best player should be. With him its seems to be the grass is always greener. If he wanted Brooklyn, I'm happy for him. I just dgaf one way or another. If this topic has been broached before, my bad. I'm just getting back into the swing of things. By the way is it true that durant tore his Achilles?
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Re: Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving? 

Post#2 » by 5InOfLouisville » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:13 pm

I'm with you. I was somewhat of a kyrie apologist during the season, and felt that most of the criticism was a bit extreme. But after watching the playoffs, it was clear that it just wasnt working and perhaps a divorce was better for all parties.

His quirks seemed more aggravating to me in the midst of a rough playoff run.

I'm not necessarily upset with him for leaving, but obviously, he could have handled his tenure better. In the end, I'm mildly put off by him, but certainly can't bring myself to HATE the kid.

I'm still rooting against his success. This is mostly because the narrative will look bad for the C's as a whole, particularly if we have a rough season and the Nets shine.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#3 » by Froob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Who?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#4 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Im not mad that he left. I’m mad at how he left, where he:

-made a public commitment to stay with the team
-followed it up with a Nike commercial stating how he wants his number retired
-per Spencer Dinwiddie, he reneged on everything two months later
-he worked to sow discord in Boston
-he tried to recruit players to Brooklyn before the end of the season
-that total **** show of a performance in the playoffs where he willingly gave up on the team and worked to sabotage our performance by repeatedly switching onto Giannis in transition and froze out teammates repeatedly to continue to force terrible shots, all made even more frustrating by his repeated calls to ‘wait til you see him in the post-season’.

**** that guy. I dont care that he left but I will actively root against him for the rest of his career because of how he left.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#5 » by Fantaxp7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

I'm upset with the way he handled himself. Just keep things open ended.

Saying things like "I like the squad we have, let's see how things un-fold" as opposed to "If you'll have me back, I plan on re-signing" would have been a lot easier to digest.

Regardless, glad he's gone. Just would have been nice if in private at some point he made it clear to Danny he didn't want to be here. Even if it meant helping him get to Brooklyn, trading for DLo would have been a nice asset or something...
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,533

Post#6 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

I was wanting that **** gone by mid-season last year. Happy he left. Wish we would have traded him at the deadline, even for a poorish return over getting nothing for him. In my opinion, he's by far the biggest reason last season was so miserable. **** him, and I'll hope he fails everywhere he goes.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#7 » by OldCeltics » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:I mean, I guess it's not fair cause I was tending to personal matters, and maybe that's why I didn't care, but I'm not mad at him one bit for leaving. it's clear he's not a leader and your best player should be. With him its seems to be the grass is always greener. If he wanted Brooklyn, I'm happy for him. I just dgaf one way or another. If this topic has been broached before, my bad. I'm just getting back into the swing of things. By the way is it true that durant tore his Achilles?

Everyone. In fact it was the only thing that could restore the Celtics to greatness, him leaving.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#8 » by sam_I_am » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:34 pm

It’s upsetting that he left for nothing and seemingly cost us Al Horford and a shot at Anthony Davis in process. That said, I never liked the way the Celtics played with him on court. Even when they had a great start to 2017-18, the offensive play of the team was ugly with his high volume shooting, lack of free throws and everybody standing around was boring compared to previous lesser talented teams. He can be really fun to watch with his dazzling handle and ability to shoot from so many angles but I won’t miss him at all. His return to garden will be a non-story to me. I honestly hope when he is announced there is no booing or cheering because that is how I will feel. I have no anger towards him for leaving and am relieved I never have to listen to his nonsensical meandering half time and end of game interviews.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,211

Post#9 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Froob wrote:Who?

I'm with you.
We don't even say that Clown's name.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,950

Post#10 » by Bad-Thoma » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm

I'm happy he is gone, so I guess that doesn't count as indifferent. I do wish him any ill or bear a grudge, etc., I'm just glad the drama that seems to surround him has left the building and hopefully the team can get back to it's days of good chemistry.
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#11 » by Big Joke Line » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

I’m pumped he’s gone. Just wish they got something for him. I was done with him after I learned of the first time he quit on the team in the PO’s in 2018.
Hey Man, nice shot!
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#12 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm

I won't miss him lol, I'm equally happy with Terry being gone as well.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#13 » by brackdan70 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:41 pm

I am somewhat indifferent, but not so indifferent that I felt the need to post here to let you all know how indifferent I am.
Sign here
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#14 » by GoGreen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Um.. I wouldn't say indifferent? I would say upset that it didn't work out, and relieved that he's gone. I defended him for years, then the playoffs came around and his performance was utterly unacceptable. He quit on the court. Embarrassing performance. His post game comments just made it worse.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#15 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 pm

I'm more upset with myself for actually wanting him to come back. Stood up for him after the "I don't owe anyone ****" comment. Even hoped he would come back after the season ended, only because I was confident that Kyrie/AD/Hayward/Horford could have won it next season. But honestly, I should have stopped giving a **** the moment Kyrie did, which, by all accounts, happened sometime in December when he started hinting to Dinwiddie that "New York might be fun next year". And there was really no excuse for me to defend this guy after his comments here:

We can blame Rich Paul and Lebron all we want for persuading AD to go to the Lakers, but it is naive to think that Kyrie didn't have a role in AD's resistance to come to Boston. Lebron and Rich Paul were working AD for their own self-interests. Kyrie, OTOH, basically screwed us out of Anthony Davis for whatever reason. **** that guy.
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#16 » by JJHondo17 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Kyrie? - Dead to me. Horford? - Dead to me. Terry? - Dead to me. You don't want to ride with the Boston Celtics? You want to disrespect the Boston Celtics? Indifferent doesn't cover it!!
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#17 » by Wes-J » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Biggest d-bag to ever suit up for the Celtics.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#18 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Wes-J wrote:Biggest d-bag to ever suit up for the Celtics.

If Ray Allen ever wanted forgiveness from Celtics Nation, all he would really need to do is put on a Kemba jersey, show up on November 27, and boo the hell out of Kyrie. :lol:
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,958

Post#19 » by tfribs45 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Not sure who I care less about, Benedict Allen or Ms Irving...… Forget about it!!!! Kemba about to show us what a leader is like. Lead by example, very humble, strong, etc…. Like comparing an immature lil boy to a man!
Roland2000
Sophomore
And1: 359

Post#20 » by Roland2000 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Not indifferent. Very glad he's gone. We don't need anyone like that on the team. He made the right decision to leave. Thanks Kyrie, you weirdo.

Return to Boston Celtics