Omri Casspi Signs With Maccabi Tel Aviv

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Omri Casspi Signs With Maccabi Tel Aviv 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Omri Casspi has signed with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Casspi made his professional debut with Maccabi in 2004 and came to the NBA in 2009.

"Omri Casspi returned to his home, to Maccabi," said head coach Giannis Sfairopoulos. "I am very pleased that we signed the best Israeli player. Omri will help the team very well to achieve our goals and he is excited to come back and help the team fight for its goals. Maccabi brought back the best Israeli player and that is kind of a statement."

"The truth is that I am very excited, I did not believe I would be that excited," said Casspi. "I am returning home, returning to Maccabi Tel Aviv. I got here for the first time when I was 13 years old. I am proud and excited to be wearing the Maccabi jersey with the star of David on the back. This is a very big privilege."

Via RealGM Staff Report

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Re: Omri Casspi Signs With Maccabi Tel Aviv 

Post#2 » by FreeBoosie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 pm

For a career benchwarmer in the nba, this guy gets so much more media coverage than he actually deserves lol
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#3 » by pjiggz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:For a career benchwarmer in the nba, this guy gets so much more media coverage than he actually deserves lol

Agree 100%.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 pm

pjiggz wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:For a career benchwarmer in the nba, this guy gets so much more media coverage than he actually deserves lol

Agree 100%.

Really? If anything he seems like he deserved more, not less, attention... Look Chandler Parsons... Way too much media burn.

True floor spacing 3&d-type guys are not as common as people think. Injuries derailed his NBA career, but Caspi has mad game. Check out his early career stats/high lights.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion