ImageImageImageImageImage

With Pascal possibly at the 3, should RHJ be the 4?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

provecy15
Senior
And1: 190

With Pascal possibly at the 3, should RHJ be the 4? 

Post#1 » by provecy15 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 pm

With Nurse entertaining the idea of Pascal playing the 3, who should be playing the 4?

RHJ played the 4 with Nets. Problem is, Pascal and RHJ are not exactly 3pt snipers. Ibaka and Gasol together in terms of starting will likely not happen.

With more rumors of FVV starting alongside Lowry, would a lineup of:

Gasol
RHJ
Siakim
FVV
Lowry

Work?

Ibaka-OG-SJ-Norm will likely be the next 4.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,076

Re: With Pascal possibly at the 3, should RHJ be the 4? 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:17 pm

FVV
Lowry
Siakam
Ibaka
Gasol

Depending on how OG comes into camp, these will be our 5 best players. Whether they start or not, I'd expect them to finish a lot of games.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Post#3 » by dagger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm

provecy15 wrote:With Nurse entertaining the idea of Pascal playing the 3, who should be playing the 4?

RHJ played the 4 with Nets. Problem is, Pascal and RHJ are not exactly 3pt snipers. Ibaka and Gasol together in terms of starting will likely not happen.

Gasol
RHJ
Siakim
FVV
Lowry

Work?

I'd be shocked and disappointed if OG isn't in the starting lineup because he's simply better than RHJ. Period. End of Story. And for that matter, unless we're playing small ball, Serge is better than RHJ. Until a month ago, RHJ was unemployed with dubious prospects. He's a limited role player.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#4 » by Senbonzakura » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm

OG starts if he's healthy. He's the best 3 point shooter (by quite some distance) of our combo forwards and at least tied for the best defender. No brainer to go with OG-Siakam-Gasol as 3-4-5 with Ibaka getting a lot of minutes off the bench.

The biggest questions is shooting guard. Does FVV get the start or does Powell?
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,499

Post#5 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 pm

OG works best alongside Siakam because OG is interchangeable at the 3/4 and he can hit the 3. RHJ isn't a shooter and he's pretty much only a 4 at this point in his career.

I see the lineup like this:

Gasol - Ibaka
Siakam - RHJ
OG - Stanley
Powell - McCaw/Davis/Thomas
Lowry - VV

Even though VV doesn't start, you will still see many Lowry/VV lineups especially to close out games. I think Nurse will want VV to head the 2nd unit which will be introducing some new guys.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#6 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 pm

I don't think Nurse meant he is moving Pascal to the 3 permanently; it will all depend on matchups.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#7 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:OG starts if he's healthy. He's the best 3 point shooter (by quite some distance) of our combo forwards and at least tied for the best defender. No brainer to go with OG-Siakam-Gasol as 3-4-5 with Ibaka getting a lot of minutes off the bench.

yep

% on Catch and shoot 3s over the last 2 years

Anunoby 35% - 359 attempts

RHJ 22% - 92 attempts

SJ 31% - 370 attempts

Og is on another level as a shooter which says more about the other 2 than OG
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#8 » by MEDIC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 pm

OG has a higher standing reach than RHJ & SJ. OG is also a better 3 points shooter. OG is also the youngest & the best prospect.

It's a no brainer for me. OG.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,871

Post#9 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:OG starts if he's healthy. He's the best 3 point shooter (by quite some distance) of our combo forwards and at least tied for the best defender. No brainer to go with OG-Siakam-Gasol as 3-4-5 with Ibaka getting a lot of minutes off the bench.

Literally makes zero sense to start FVV at the SG position. I don't think he's played a single minute in his career at that position.

FVV is gonna anchor the second unit with Terence Davis as his back-court partner.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
rapscity
Junior
And1: 281

Post#10 » by rapscity » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Totally forgot about RHJ lol. I think this guys gonna have a great year. Champs gonna try and run it back :)
dontsettle4less
Senior
And1: 343

Post#11 » by dontsettle4less » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:OG works best alongside Siakam because OG is interchangeable at the 3/4 and he can hit the 3. RHJ isn't a shooter and he's pretty much only a 4 at this point in his career.

I see the lineup like this:

Gasol - Ibaka
Siakam - RHJ
OG - Stanley
Powell - McCaw/Davis/Thomas
Lowry - VV

Even though VV doesn't start, you will still see many Lowry/VV lineups especially to close out games. I think Nurse will want VV to head the 2nd unit which will be introducing some new guys.

It's like Siakam and OG have there similar comparison behind them on the bench. So we run the same type of line up back. I actually like our team and I don't care what anyone says, I still believe in our boys.
super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#12 » by super_balls » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

Literally makes zero sense to start FVV at the SG position. I don't think he's played a single minute in his career at that position.

FVV is gonna anchor the second unit with Terence Davis as his back-court partner.

HUHHHH? He's been playing the 2 since he ended games in 2017 with Lowry and DeMar. Even in the FINALS, he started at the 2 to begin the 2nd half. Lowry and Fred are interchangeable in those lineups but he has definitely played two guard minutes.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,772

Post#13 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm

dagger wrote:
provecy15 wrote:With Nurse entertaining the idea of Pascal playing the 3, who should be playing the 4?

Gasol
RHJ
Siakim
FVV
Lowry

Work?

I'd be shocked and disappointed if OG isn't in the starting lineup because he's simply better than RHJ. Period. End of Story. And for that matter, unless we're playing small ball, Serge is better than RHJ. Until a month ago, RHJ was unemployed with dubious prospects. He's a limited role player.

Yeah agreed. Even then, losing your starting role to Kawhi Leonard is pretty understandable. But he's got to be given a shot to get it back. That's just normal.

I don't think RHJ is quite that bad though!
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#14 » by 720 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 pm

OG and if he continues to struggle then Ibaka.
elecblue
Junior
And1: 424

Post#15 » by elecblue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 pm

I feel that you can only play 2 of these guys at one time: Pascal, OG, Norm, SJ, RHJ, because playing 3 from this group would likely kill your spacing. I hope I’m wrong because these are probably 5 of our top 9 players.

To me, Boucher is the most intriguing piece because theoretically he’s a good shooter. And I want to see if the OG-Pascal-Boucher front line can be effective.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,729

Post#16 » by VanWest82 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 pm

I don't think RHJ is going to see much floor time this year outside of injury. With the improvements Boucher has made to his dribble drive game and outside shooting I fully expect him to take a bunch of back up PF minutes this year. RHJ will help on b2b and nights where we need a little extra energy but we need more shooters and scorers and offense. That's how you win games in the regular season.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#17 » by lolwut » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 pm

You guys know that RHJ is 6'7" 215lb right? He's basically the same size and build as Demarre Carroll. You want him starting at PF?
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#18 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:35 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:

yep

% on Catch and shoot 3s over the last 2 years

Anunoby 35% - 359 attempts

RHJ 22% - 92 attempts

SJ 31% - 370 attempts

Og is on another level as a shooter which says more about the other 2 than OG

That being said, if either RHJ or Stanley surpass OG as a shooter I personally think they’re better overall players than OG
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,871

Post#19 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm

super_balls wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

HUHHHH? He's been playing the 2 since he ended games in 2017 with Lowry and DeMar. Even in the FINALS, he started at the 2 to begin the 2nd half. Lowry and Fred are interchangeable in those lineups but he has definitely played two guard minutes.

No... That was Lowry starting at the 2 not Freddy.

Playoffs Total

Van Vleet:

Lowry:
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#20 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

lolwut wrote:You guys know that RHJ is 6'7" 215lb right? He's basically the same size and build as Demarre Carroll. You want him starting at PF?

Those measurements are likely outdated and inaccurate.

Besides, at the beginning of Carrolls time here we ran a really good unit of Lowry/Joseph/Demar/Carroll/JV so it is completely possible to play a guy that size at the 4. There isn’t a lot of times where OG’s additional size outside of Wingspan really matters when he’s at the 4.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors