ImageImageImage

Celtics 2019-20 Schedule Thread--Schedule Out!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Re: Celtics 2019-20 Schedule Thread--Schedule Out! 

Post#61 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Should be fun watching Embiid and Horford combine for 50-20 while Kanter and Thies are helpless to stop them lol.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#62 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:48 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:As Larry Bird would say,

41 games away, 41 games at home, looks good to me.

This.

If we start 0-4 or 1-3 people will be rioting on this board (which could be extremely likely)

I think [hope] that the diminishes expectations will allow people to be realistic with the season and not over react to wins/lossws.

How long have you been posting here? lol.

I don't expect the game threads to be perfect, but being readable in game would be a nice change this year.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#63 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
reload141 wrote:
This.

If we start 0-4 or 1-3 people will be rioting on this board (which could be extremely likely)

I think [hope] that the diminishes expectations will allow people to be realistic with the season and not over react to wins/lossws.

How long have you been posting here? lol.

I don't expect the game threads to be perfect, but being readable in game would be a nice change this year.

Never

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Should be fun watching Embiid and Horford combine for 50-20 while Kanter and Thies are helpless to stop them lol.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#64 » by Edug27 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:As Larry Bird would say,

41 games away, 41 games at home, looks good to me.

This.

Tatum will be an all star this season.
Kemba is an upgrade over Kyrie.
Hayward will be back to his Utah form.
Jaylen is better than Kuz.
Losing Rozier is addition by subtraction.
Smart is still a winner.

What is this about diminished expectations??
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#65 » by Froob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:09 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Should be fun watching Embiid and Horford combine for 50-20 while Kanter and Thies are helpless to stop them lol.

Kanter going to feast on those boards vs Al tho when Embiid isn’t in lol. It’ll be fun being on the other end of that one.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#66 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:55 pm

That Philly game is going to be the classic matchup of size versus speed and quickness... Sort of like the 1980's Hawks against the Bird Celtics. That didn't work out too well for Atlanta, but it's a new Millennium. It will be fascinating to watch to see if the Cs can run Philly off the court or whether they'll pound the Celtics inside into submission... Wear them down epecially in the 4th Quarter.
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#67 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Well there's always the Knicks if things go bad, there's always the Knicks to gladden people's hearts, but you sort of wish the schedule maker, both Pre-Season and Regular, was a bit more creative with these opponents.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#68 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Froob wrote:

Kanter going to feast on those boards vs Al tho when Embiid isn’t in lol. It’ll be fun being on the other end of that one.

Yah, I was wondering if we will go big that game and start Poirier and Kanter. Kanter abuses the hell out of Al on the glass.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,533

Post#69 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Froob wrote:

Kanter will be fine against them. Guy just turned 27, is in his prime, and I expect Brad will get the best season of his career out of him. He's played really well against Embiid and Philly before . I think he'll exceed expectations this year. That's my glass half full view. It's the PF position I'd be more concerned with against them.

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,209

Post#70 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
Froob wrote:

Kanter will be fine against them. Guy just turned 27, is in his prime, and I expect Brad will get the best season of his career out of him. He's played really well against Embiid and Philly before . I think he'll exceed expectations this year. That's my glass half full view. It's the PF position I'd be more concerned with against them.

Agreed. The PF position is going to be the pivotal one to watch.
Hopefully Tatum is up to the challenge?
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
NuckyPowell
General Manager

Post#71 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
Froob wrote:Kanter going to feast on those boards vs Al tho when Embiid isn’t in lol. It’ll be fun being on the other end of that one.

Agreed. The PF position is going to be the pivotal one to watch.
Hopefully Tatum is up to the challenge?

Yeah, I just can't see Jayson guarding Al in the low box, but we'll see what Brad comes up with.
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#72 » by JJHondo17 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm

OK, I'm in, all in. I see 14-6 and after the 1st 20. Who dares to disagree? Schedule only gets easier after that.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#73 » by Edug27 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:10 pm

JJHondo17 wrote:OK, I'm in, all in. I see 14-6 and after the 1st 20. Who dares to disagree? Schedule only gets easier after that.

I got 12-8 after the first 20.. but we all know how I am with record predictions
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,541

Post#74 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:

This x 1,000,000,000

Last year was the first time since I joined that I stayed out of the game threads. I joined in 2005.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#75 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

This x 1,000,000,000

Last year was the first time since I joined that I stayed out of the game threads. I joined in 2005.

I fully believed I was going to get banned multiple times in GT's or post game threads this past season.

It was horrid.
NuckyPowell
General Manager

Post#76 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

This x 1,000,000,000

I fully believed I was going to get banned multiple times in GT's or post game threads this past season.

It was horrid.

The main dividing line seemed to be the wetahded take that if you rightly pointed out that the team was playing like garbage and was unlikable, you were somehow "plastic", and not a real fan. Just moronic.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#77 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:This x 1,000,000,000

It was horrid.

The main dividing line seemed to be the wetahded take that if you rightly pointed out that the team was playing like garbage and was unlikable, you were somehow "plastic", and not a real fan. Just moronic.

I think the team playing like s*** or playing great for huge parts of the year really brought out the worst in us as fans. Either we were too positive or negative.

But I don't think it's 100% right to blame ourselves. Every Celtic fan was like this last year. We weren't unique. It's 100% fine to "overreact"to them succeeding or failing IMO.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#78 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:This x 1,000,000,000

It was horrid.

That's not really how it went down. Both sides went crazy over the top with hyperbole after hyperbole. And it was insufferable, from both sides equally.

Plenty of posters regularly said how much the team was a disappointment and hard to like without getting called plastic.
NuckyPowell
General Manager

Post#79 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:47 pm

The Comedian wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

It was horrid.

That's not really how it went down. Both sides went crazy over the top with hyperbole after hyperbole. And it was insufferable, from both sides equally.

Plenty of posters regularly said how much the team was a disappointment and hard to like without getting called plastic.

I disagree. Plenty of game threads degenerated when the team got called out for how they were playing and then dummies called them plastic. For me, game threads are not about your grand overview take on how the team is and what its future prospects are. They are about watching and reacting to the games as they happen. Praise them when they play well, criticize them when the play poorly.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,209

Post#80 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:03 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:The main dividing line seemed to be the wetahded take that if you rightly pointed out that the team was playing like garbage and was unlikable, you were somehow "plastic", and not a real fan. Just moronic.

I disagree. Plenty of game threads degenerated when the team got called out for how they were playing and then dummies called them plastic. For me, game threads are not about your grand overview take on how the team is and what its future prospects are. They are about watching and reacting to the games as they happen. Praise them when they play well, criticize them when the play poorly.

I, for one, am always positive about this team. As a fan, I'm with them for the long haul.
One game. One Season. Or even 22 years between Championships, is not going to get me down enough.

The Celtics are a Great Franchise. The Best, in the NBA (over the long haul).
Everybody knows -- Fans & Foes alike -- that the Celtics are the team to Become (again, over the long haul).

And, just as a side note.: The whole city of Boston is used to Winning.
In fact, we almost did a Tricfecta this year. As the Bruins went to a Game 7.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics