ImageImageImageImageImage

Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#81 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:55 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Russell can dominate the ball at times, he just can't do it to the detriment of the offense. On offense it works best when everyone can handle, everyone can pass, everyone can shoot, and EVERYONE MOVES. As long as he buys in to the amount of work it takes to make this offense great he'll be great in it.

What I question more about this upcoming season is how they are going to get the bench to gel and find leadership there. Walton was the best coach at doing that and he's been gone for a while now. They need someone to take over that role. I bet Kerr would love that to be coach Iguodala but he's busy for a while longer.

Also, we need to keep in mind that this team this year is not trying to win every game. They want to lose enough games to be in the bottom 20 in the league, so the pressure to be "perfect" is off, and they can spend the time and effort needed to build the team around the stars.

That may be the way some fans feel, that they should control their number of wins, but I doubt that's how the team feels. Players are playing for jobs and careers, coaches are going for wins because that's what coaches do, and management wants to put on a good show the first year in the new shop. They'll go all out for the playoffs and all out once they're there. Besides, after the first few, draft picks are pie-in-the-sky dreams.

I think Kerr is going to look to manage loads and accept some wins in the name of developing the team. It's not new.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#82 » by migya » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:53 am

Maybe if Anthony Davis would rather play for the warriors DLo and the TPE for maxed resigned AD. DLo back in Lakers was much better grown up player, Lebron leading him for a couple of years. Lakers could lose AD for nothing if next season goes bad.

This trade done next off-season ofcourse.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#83 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:20 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Russell can dominate the ball at times, he just can't do it to the detriment of the offense. On offense it works best when everyone can handle, everyone can pass, everyone can shoot, and EVERYONE MOVES. As long as he buys in to the amount of work it takes to make this offense great he'll be great in it.

What I question more about this upcoming season is how they are going to get the bench to gel and find leadership there. Walton was the best coach at doing that and he's been gone for a while now. They need someone to take over that role. I bet Kerr would love that to be coach Iguodala but he's busy for a while longer.

Also, we need to keep in mind that this team this year is not trying to win every game. They want to lose enough games to be in the bottom 20 in the league, so the pressure to be "perfect" is off, and they can spend the time and effort needed to build the team around the stars.

That may be the way some fans feel, that they should control their number of wins, but I doubt that's how the team feels. Players are playing for jobs and careers, coaches are going for wins because that's what coaches do, and management wants to put on a good show the first year in the new shop. They'll go all out for the playoffs and all out once they're there. Besides, after the first few, draft picks are pie-in-the-sky dreams.

I think Kerr is going to look to manage loads and accept some wins in the name of developing the team. It's not new.

Ever since I got married I've been managing loads.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#84 » by iamworthy » Sun Aug 4, 2019 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#85 » by Jay 20 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Ever since I got married I've been managing loads.

Good thing I wasn’t drinking my beer when I read this one.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:43 am

Saw a thing that Myers took the Warriors projected tax bill next year from $175M down to $15M, and Green signing saved an additional $230M.

Saving money is not something that's generally impressive about team building if it doesn't really add to flexibility, but that is a HUGE savings in an off-season where the team didn't get much worse, secured their future, and became a lot more interesting.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#87 » by Samurai » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:12 am

Gotta admit I am really looking forward to seeing how this "new-look" Warriors plays together. DLo, Curry and Green love to run and push the pace, and McKinnie, WCS and GR3 love to run the court and fill the lane to finish at the rim. DLo displayed tremendous ability to throw lob passes to Jarrett Allen last season and WCS can certainly fill Allen's role with us; and we know Dray is also an excellent lob tosser. Without KD, I would expect more ball movement and passing similar to what we saw in the WCF. If DLo and Curry can find a way to complement each other and Klay fits in with is typically elite catch-and-shoot game, this could be a very fun team to watch.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#88 » by KidPistol » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:24 am

I might be a bit biased but I think we should trade for DiVencenzo. I fully believe that with DLO and DiVencenzo off the bench, it has the potential that could make up for Durant’s offensive numbers. Yes, Donte is a bit raw but with our staff, he could be something great for us.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#89 » by xdrta+ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 am

KidPistol wrote:I might be a bit biased but I think we should trade for DiVencenzo. I fully believe that with DLO and DiVencenzo off the bench, it has the potential that could make up for Durant’s offensive numbers. Yes, Donte is a bit raw but with our staff, he could be something great for us.

Trade who?
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#90 » by KidPistol » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:40 am

xdrta+ wrote:
KidPistol wrote:I might be a bit biased but I think we should trade for DiVencenzo. I fully believe that with DLO and DiVencenzo off the bench, it has the potential that could make up for Durant’s offensive numbers. Yes, Donte is a bit raw but with our staff, he could be something great for us.

Trade who?

Poole for Donte. Straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#91 » by xdrta+ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:59 am

KidPistol wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Trade who?

Poole for Donte. Straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides wondering why the Bucks would trade their 1st rd pick from a year ago for an unproven 2nd rounder, there's the problem that he makes almost a million more than Poole. Being so close to the hard cap, the Warriors can't take on any more salary, so they'd have to include someone else.

Edit: Oops, my mistake, Poole was a 1st, wasn't he.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#92 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:10 am

Honestly, if we don't have a good option at SF I'd like to see us pick up Lance Stephenson at the end of the year.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#93 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Honestly, if we don't have a good option at SF I'd like to see us pick up Lance Stephenson at the end of the year.

I hope you're joking, lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Samurai
General Manager

Post#94 » by Samurai » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Honestly, if we don't have a good option at SF I'd like to see us pick up Lance Stephenson at the end of the year.

By the end of the year, I think most would consider Klay to be a better option at SF than Stephenson.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Lance is so dominant he's playing in China this year.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#96 » by Samurai » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

But there is a good chance he will put up dominating numbers!
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#97 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Samurai wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

He's moved on to stiffer competition.

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#98 » by killmongrel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am

Did a bit of research, here is a list of free agents that the Warriors could have a chance of adding to their roster in 2020 for either the MLE or vet. minimum. Of course we'll still have the TPE next summer as well, but that's a different topic. Who do you guys add?

Chandler Parsons - SF - Finally off his bad contract. Isn't a bad deep bench player on a vet. mimimum. But probably MLE market priced.

Kent Bazemore - SG - Okay defense. Solid 3 point shooter. Probably gonna be priced around MLE.

Goran Dragic - PG - Might be possible at the MLE, but if the Warriors keep DLO, I don't see them paying much for a backup pg.

Jeff Teague - PG - See above.

Andre Iguodala - SF - I guarantee you he will be back with the Warriors next summer. Probably part of the MLE or vet. minimum.

Tony Snell - SF - Not worth the MLE which he'll be priced around or more.

Jae Crowder - SF - Might be available for the MLE.

Alex Len - C - I actually like this guy. Can stretch the floor and woud be the traditional center we need if WCS walks. MLE priced.

Kyle O'Quinn - C - Undersized center, but would be solid coming off the bench. Would be a steal if he's priced at vet. minimum.

James Ennis - SF - Has a player option with Philly for the second year. But if offered the MLE, he could leave. Is he worth it?

So this is pretty much all the players that the Warriors might be interested in and might be in their price range. Who they choose will have a lot to do with how the team looks this year with DLO and the young players. The MLE might also be used to try to keep players like GR3, Alec Burks, or WCS should one or more impress.

And like I said, other than that, the Warriors still have the TPE to use to bolster the team.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#99 » by Jester_ » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:14 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Samurai wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

He's moved on to stiffer competition.

Thank you - this will now be my go-to video to relieve any future existential crisis
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:18 pm

killmongrel wrote:Did a bit of research, here is a list of free agents that the Warriors could have a chance of adding to their roster in 2020 for either the MLE or vet. minimum. Of course we'll still have the TPE next summer as well, but that's a different topic. Who do you guys add?

Chandler Parsons - SF - Finally off his bad contract. Isn't a bad deep bench player on a vet. mimimum. But probably MLE market priced.

Kent Bazemore - SG - Okay defense. Solid 3 point shooter. Probably gonna be priced around MLE.

Goran Dragic - PG - Might be possible at the MLE, but if the Warriors keep DLO, I don't see them paying much for a backup pg.

Jeff Teague - PG - See above.

Andre Iguodala - SF - I guarantee you he will be back with the Warriors next summer. Probably part of the MLE or vet. minimum.

Tony Snell - SF - Not worth the MLE which he'll be priced around or more.

Jae Crowder - SF - Might be available for the MLE.

Alex Len - C - I actually like this guy. Can stretch the floor and woud be the traditional center we need if WCS walks. MLE priced.

Kyle O'Quinn - C - Undersized center, but would be solid coming off the bench. Would be a steal if he's priced at vet. minimum.

James Ennis - SF - Has a player option with Philly for the second year. But if offered the MLE, he could leave. Is he worth it?

So this is pretty much all the players that the Warriors might be interested in and might be in their price range. Who they choose will have a lot to do with how the team looks this year with DLO and the young players. The MLE might also be used to try to keep players like GR3, Alec Burks, or WCS should one or more impress.

And like I said, other than that, the Warriors still have the TPE to use to bolster the team.

I did this exercise a while back. Not that shiny a list really. Unfortunately the league has adjusted and the players the Warriors want have a much bigger pool of possible employers now so their offers have climbed.

Return to Golden State Warriors