ImageImageImage

Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Re: Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving? 

Post#21 » by SichtingLives » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:15 pm

I'm just happy last season is over. I guess I am indifferent about it now because from year to year I just want to see a fun, competitive team. if they win a lot or challenge for a title that is gravy but frankly that aint got **** to do with me. Anyone who is contributing to something positive is welcome and anyone who isn't is wasting my time. You only get to watch so many seasons (and it's not that many) before your number gets called, no time for triflin' and drama and no time for carrying ill will. Kyrie was pretty fun to watch most of the time, he was also an idiot and a child. He was worthy enough to help keep things interesting for two years but no more, it was a smart deal and the right deal to make when we got him and all told it feels like we got out just about even in the end, not to our expectations but to what he really was vs. the myth he had become.

sidetangent-

And just like with IT, thank god we didn't make a major commitment of salary and our future to this guy. That was honestly the scariest proposition about all of this. I'm not wishing for it but I really think Kyries body will start falling apart in a way that it won't bounce back enough to keep his game from looking really bad in just a couple years. He requires so much precision to do what he does and he can ill afford to lose any of his athleticism or quickness to keep operating at the level he does. Guy only played 67 games last year and thats about as healthy as he's ever been or you could reasonably ever expect again. Brooklyns problem now. Even if that team strings together some solid seasons, how many years will Irving and Durant both be healthy for the playoffs? My guess is zero.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,672

Post#22 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:46 pm

I didn't want him gone since I thought we couldn't replace his talent, but I wasn't sad at all when I heard we got Kemba.

I'm more upset that he ruined our rebuild, since him staying would've lead to us getting AD.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,810

Post#23 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 pm

I am not indifferent to Kyrie leaving. I am ecstatic that he is gone.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,311

Post#24 » by Homerclease » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:20 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:I didn't want him gone since I thought we couldn't replace his talent, but I wasn't sad at all when I heard we got Kemba.

I'm more upset that he ruined our rebuild, since him staying would've lead to us getting AD.

I’m lockstep with this. It’s a shame they couldn’t get him to buy in to a team with AD here but whatcha gonna do. Signing Kemba softened the blow big time and while losing Al definitely hurts short term, they may have dodged a bullet long term at that type of money
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#25 » by Gomes3PC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 pm

I'm pretty indifferent. He was not a #1 option for a title winner, simple as that, and until we have that it kind of doesn't matter between Kemba and him. Is Kyrie better? Yes, but not enough to bridge the gap that we don't have a true #1 superstar.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,788

Post#26 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:I am not indifferent to Kyrie leaving. I am ecstatic that he is gone.

Hahaha!!! :lol:
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,195

Post#27 » by Tyakack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm pretty indifferent. I mean, I was upset he left mainly because that meant no AD. Now, I'm over it completely and I also don't hate him like most here. I'm more so just happy with moving forward with kemba and the rest of the squad.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#28 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 pm

I wanted him back and mainly for AD but now we shouldn’t even make posts about this dude...he’s a lame
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,045

Post#29 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 pm

He was my favorite non Celtic before we got him. Was over the moon when we got him. Seeing him last year was easily my biggest shock and disappointment of all time when it comes to sports.

I'm just happy I never watched his movie. Looking forward to watching him fail the rest of his career though. Lol
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,868

Post#30 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am

I wanted him back so we could proceed to trade his ass, but he outsmarted me.

Wes-J wrote:Biggest d-bag to ever suit up for the Celtics.

Dave_From_NB
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#31 » by Dave_From_NB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 am

Loved watching some of his moves, but it didn't work out for the team overall. Least favorite season in quite some time, maybe because it started with seeming so much promise. I'm fine replacing any player if it makes the team better. No ill will to him, no regrets he left.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#32 » by KGboss » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:20 am

Happy that cancer is gone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Celtics_85
Starter
And1: 59

Post#33 » by Celtics_85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:54 am

We will be better for it.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#34 » by Taget » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:33 am

I was a Kyrie defender but playoff Kyrie against the Bucks pretty much deflated me. I could still buy maybe we'd see a different Kyrie if we got AD and Kyrie became more engaged with the team. But ultimately it was too much work and too much work trying to justify him.

To me he was someone who is great when things are going great. But becomes disengaged when there is a losing streak or things are not going well. And when your best player is not engaged that spreads like a cancer to the rest of the team.

We are taking a hit talent wise and if we could have made things work with Kyrie we would have been better off. It just was not in the cards and there is nothing we really could have done about it. I am at peace with it.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,851

Post#35 » by 24istheLAW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 am

I’m indifferent to it.

Clearly things weren’t working. The guy isn’t a good leader. he’s demonstrated in his career that he lacks some combo of maturity off the court and team BBIQ on the court to really empower his teammates.

But at the same time, I don’t think it’s entirely Kyrie’s fault that the marriage didn’t work out, which evidently is a minority opinion on here. The other guys didn’t accommodate Kyrie and one another as well as they could have. They refused to adapt to filling roles.

IMO, the guys who survived this offseason have a lot to prove. Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart to a lesser extent - they must prove that Kyrie was the problem and not them by their play. They have to show commitment to the game past just getting their shots. Tatum talking about how “all his stats improved” after his rookie season certainly isn’t a good look, and I hope he shows some more maturity than that on the court.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,824

Post#36 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 am

**** Kyrie. Hated him before he joined our team, was indifferent when he was with our team, now he's a bitch.

At the same time, thank you Kyrie for leaving the team.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#37 » by return2glory » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:45 am

Is this thread about that player who some called a superstar, that got outplayed by George Hill in the playoffs? Just checking.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,383

Post#38 » by Triple7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am

Kyrie was one of my fave players even before we got him. How times have changed. I remember a time when most players liked him and would want to play with him. Watching him last season bitching, made me want to puke at times. I’m glad he’s gone. I think we should all move on. Enough with this kind of thread.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,383

Post#39 » by Triple7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 am

5InOfLouisville wrote:I'm with you. I was somewhat of a kyrie apologist during the season, and felt that most of the criticism was a bit extreme. But after watching the playoffs, it was clear that it just wasnt working and perhaps a divorce was better for all parties.

His quirks seemed more aggravating to me in the midst of a rough playoff run.

I'm not necessarily upset with him for leaving, but obviously, he could have handled his tenure better. In the end, I'm mildly put off by him, but certainly can't bring myself to HATE the kid.

I'm still rooting against his success. This is mostly because the narrative will look bad for the C's as a whole, particularly if we have a rough season and the Nets shine.

I doubt that happens. I’m pretty sure the nets would be awful without KD, and would still be awful, a year after KD returns.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#40 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:59 am

Turned out to be more trouble than he’s worth. If he grows up, could be great for Brooklyn. He’s a Deron Williams risk, though - weight gain, injury or both and he could take a major step down.

Return to Boston Celtics