Brooklyn Off Season Review

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

How'd Brooklyn do?

A
48%
A-
6%
B+
12%
B
9%
B-
3%
C+
6%
C
3%
C-
3%
D
3%
F
6%

Total votes: 33

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: Brooklyn Off Season Review 

Post#41 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I don't believe Boston is in a great state and believe there is actually a ton of dysfunction. You have a star chasing GM who throws his good young players names in and out of trades without apology. You have a coach who is poor at managing egos with a team full of egos and to make matters worse plays favorites to "his guy". You have a trio of young players who were accepting of their roles after the playoffs and who were vocal about not accepting their roles when established all-star veterans where ahead of them.

Kyrie handled it really poorly. but In his position it is kind of expected. you know your leaving... why bend over backwards to try and fit a square peg in a round hole when you know in 8 months you'll be in brooklyn? You have these young kids chirping about the ECF and a guy shooting 35% talking about he needs your minutes. it was a horrible situation and one the Gm/Coach did nothing to address. And ainge was glad to let it fester because he felt AD was at the end of that rainbow and the kids would be gone anyhow in a trade.

Situation couldnt be more different in BK. Kyrie wants to be here. instead of being on a team with big ego young players he is on a team of young blue collar young players who accept any role given to them. he is playing with his 2 closest friends in the league. the GM and coach are about players not assets.

I see no possible way that Kyrie is an issue in brooklyn. im much more concerned about kyrie from an injury standpoint

I think a few other factors should be mentioned.

-Horford also wanted out for whatever reason even though he knew Kyrie was leaving. So it doesn't seem like he scared Al away, rather the team as a whole did.

-Boston is not exactly a favorite city for athletes to play in partly because of some of the racism that has been and continues to be on display. We've also had AD make it known he did not want to go there in trade.

I think it is telling then every single veteran on Boston who had the option to leave, left:

Kyrie - opted out, then left
Horford - opted out, then left
Morris - signed elsewhere

I think it is telling that your being disingenuous when you're referencing a guy who had his bird rights withdrawn on this list. His only option to stay in Boston was to take a 50-75% discount. But you already know that...
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:45 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
The Nets had a great offseason, let's stipulate to that first. But this is a complete joke. Boston isn't some dysfunctional franchise -it's one of the most stable organizations in the entire league. You can say that Brooklyn has a completely different culture but to say that assumes that Kyrie didn't have a huge part in creating Boston's chemistry issues that year. Signing Kyrie (especially since it was likely a prerequisite for landing Durant) is a move you make ten times out of ten. But acting like there is zero chance Kyrie becomes an issue is just plain denial.

I don't believe Boston is in a great state and believe there is actually a ton of dysfunction. You have a star chasing GM who throws his good young players names in and out of trades without apology. You have a coach who is poor at managing egos with a team full of egos and to make matters worse plays favorites to "his guy". You have a trio of young players who were accepting of their roles after the playoffs and who were vocal about not accepting their roles when established all-star veterans where ahead of them.

Kyrie handled it really poorly. but In his position it is kind of expected. you know your leaving... why bend over backwards to try and fit a square peg in a round hole when you know in 8 months you'll be in brooklyn? You have these young kids chirping about the ECF and a guy shooting 35% talking about he needs your minutes. it was a horrible situation and one the Gm/Coach did nothing to address. And ainge was glad to let it fester because he felt AD was at the end of that rainbow and the kids would be gone anyhow in a trade.

Situation couldnt be more different in BK. Kyrie wants to be here. instead of being on a team with big ego young players he is on a team of young blue collar young players who accept any role given to them. he is playing with his 2 closest friends in the league. the GM and coach are about players not assets.

I see no possible way that Kyrie is an issue in brooklyn. im much more concerned about kyrie from an injury standpoint

-Horford also wanted out for whatever reason even though he knew Kyrie was leaving. So it doesn't seem like he scared Al away, rather the team as a whole did.

-Boston is not exactly a favorite city for athletes to play in partly because of some of the racism that has been and continues to be on display. We've also had AD make it known he did not want to go there in trade.

Seems like an unnecessary Boston shot given how they keep signing max players. AD also rejected Brooklyn, too, FWIW and flat out told them not to trade for him.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#43 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:56 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Seems like an unnecessary Boston shot given how they keep signing max players. AD also rejected Brooklyn, too, FWIW and flat out told them not to trade for him.

Wasn't meant to be, but I apologize. That was pure speculation and probably not relevant.
And, yes I am aware of that. My point was more Boston seems to be a polarizing town to some athletes.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:35 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

AD didnt want to play in brooklyn... or boston

durant wanted to play in brooklyn, not boston
kyrie wanted to play in brooklyn, not boston
horford wanted out
morris wanted out
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:33 am

Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I think a few other factors should be mentioned.

horford wanted out
morris wanted out

Again, Morris had his bird rights declined and wouldve had to take a significant paycut to return. Everyone knows what youre doing...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#46 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:28 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

horford wanted out
morris wanted out

Again, Morris had his bird rights declined and wouldve had to take a significant paycut to return. Everyone knows what youre doing...

morris did not want to be back. he wouldnt have been back at max dollars
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#47 » by dakomish23 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:12 am

I can’t see how this is anything less than an A. Look where they were going into FA in 2016.

Not sure if any GM ever came into a worse situation and if BKN had did what they did last season in the 5th year, it would still be celebrated. He did it in 3, then added two of the top 15 players in the NBA (with one of them being a top 5 guy).

Every time he did something great, I credited it and got killed by my fellow NYK fans. Still do :lol: . All those small wins added up and now they’re here. Good for them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#48 » by cl2117 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

horford wanted out
morris wanted out

Genuine embarrassment. :lol:
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#49 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:34 pm

cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

it is... its maybe the most toxic situation we have seen in the NBA in a long time. Ainge did a good job moving terry and i assume Brown will follow especially if it can bring in a big man as the celtics front court right now is really thing. All the veterans left on their own accord, so that veteran/young player riff is gone outside heyward who stevens will favor anyhow.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#50 » by pacers33granger » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

it is... its maybe the most toxic situation we have seen in the NBA in a long time. Ainge did a good job moving terry and i assume Brown will follow especially if it can bring in a big man as the celtics front court right now is really thing. All the veterans left on their own accord, so that veteran/young player riff is gone outside heyward who stevens will favor anyhow.

Most toxic situation in a long time? What? Things got bad, but not that bad. And what does that say about Kyrie, the leader of that situation?

Morris wanted to be back. But, like most role players, he wanted money and Ainge was not going to offer him the kind of money he got, even if he could.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/05/boston-celtics-marcus-morris-on-free-agency-hopefully-i-stay-here.html

“Obviously I love being here in Boston," he said. "I’ve enjoyed it a lot and hopefully I stay here. It’s a great organization, nothing but great for me being able to play on that stage. I’ve enjoyed my time.”

The excuses in this thread for Kyrie, who was a distraction and terrible leader, are mind boggling. I'm sure you'll blame Harris, Levert, Atkinson, Marks, etc. when he throws fits in Brooklyn and doesn't buy in.
cl2117
General Manager

Post#51 » by cl2117 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

GET HELP
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#52 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:59 pm

cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Genuine embarrassment. :lol:

GET HELP

id suggest you get help... from a real estate agent since i clearly occupy so much real estate in your brain.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#53 » by loserX » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Could we move on from the "nuh-uh"/"yuh-huh" portion of the proceedings? Make your cases with a little more substance, please.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#54 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 pm

loserX wrote:Could we move on from the "nuh-uh"/"yuh-huh" portion of the proceedings? Make your cases with a little more substance, please.

No u
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#55 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 am

pacers33granger wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Genuine embarrassment. :lol:

Most toxic situation in a long time? What? Things got bad, but not that bad. And what does that say about Kyrie, the leader of that situation?

Morris wanted to be back. But, like most role players, he wanted money and Ainge was not going to offer him the kind of money he got, even if he could.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/05/boston-celtics-marcus-morris-on-free-agency-hopefully-i-stay-here.html

“Obviously I love being here in Boston," he said. "I’ve enjoyed it a lot and hopefully I stay here. It’s a great organization, nothing but great for me being able to play on that stage. I’ve enjoyed my time.”

The excuses in this thread for Kyrie, who was a distraction and terrible leader, are mind boggling. I'm sure you'll blame Harris, Levert, Atkinson, Marks, etc. when he throws fits in Brooklyn and doesn't buy in.

he wont throw fits in brooklyn because the staff will embrace him and he wants to be here and will be with friends and humble guys not egomanicacly young players who think their poop doesnt stink.

Morris never wanted to come back. it was all lip service just like kyrie said he was going to come back (whcih i told everyone at the time it was lip service and 0.0% chance he will be back) i know this first hand. morris and brown had issues. he would never be back unless brown was dealt
cl2117
General Manager

Post#56 » by cl2117 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am

Prokorov wrote:
he wont throw fits in brooklyn because the staff will embrace him and he wants to be here and will be with friends and humble guys not egomanicacly young players who think their poop doesnt stink.

Morris never wanted to come back. it was all lip service just like kyrie said he was going to come back (whcih i told everyone at the time it was lip service and 0.0% chance he will be back) i know this first hand. morris and brown had issues. he would never be back unless brown was dealt

Sure you do champ. Sure you do. :wink:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#57 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am

cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i told you everything that was going to happen since last offseason. you mocked me then to. its fine. green teamers will get it soon enough.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#58 » by pacers33granger » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Prokorov wrote:

I really fail to see how Kyrie was anything but the main issue with that team. Brad couldn't fully handle all the personalities, Hayward caused rifts by being bad, and the young guys wanted theirs, sure, but it started with Kyrie. You're acting like everyone in Boston was pushing him out. You think they didn't embrace him? And if he's only going to be a decent guy if he's playing with friends, then good luck with that, because clearly he's a child.
cl2117
General Manager

Post#59 » by cl2117 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i told you everything that was going to happen since last offseason. you mocked me then to. its fine. green teamers will get it soon enough.

Quote me where you told me anything ever prior to your unhealthy obsessions with the Celtics this offseason. I've literally never quoted you or been quoted by your prior to June (I checked). I mock you now because it's genuinely getting weird. Like really really weird. Unhealthily weird. And because you're claiming to have sauces like you Chris Broussard. SAUCES.

And to not entirely derail the thread I give the Nets an A. I question the DJ signing, but if that's a knock on effect of the other 2 then I'm fine with it (just hope it doesn't stunt Allen's growth). People say that this team might not be better than the Russ/KD Thunder, but also want to say that KD should have run it back instead of going to the Warriors. If he could have won it all then, they can win it all now. Offseason basically couldn't have gone better.

SaUcEs.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#60 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 am

cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Sure you do champ. Sure you do. :wink:

Quote me where you told me anything ever prior to your unhealthy obsessions with the Celtics this offseason. I've literally never quoted you or been quoted by your prior to June (I checked). I mock you now because it's genuinely getting weird. Like really really weird. Unhealthily weird. And because you're claiming to have sauces like you Chris Broussard. SAUCES.

And to not entirely derail the thread I give the Nets an A. I question the DJ signing, but if that's a knock on effect of the other 2 then I'm fine with it (just hope it doesn't stunt Allen's growth). People say that this team might not be better than the Russ/KD Thunder, but also want to say that KD should have run it back instead of going to the Warriors. If he could have won it all then, they can win it all now. Offseason basically couldn't have gone better.

SaUcEs.

"you" as in celtics fans.

Return to Trades and Transactions