ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Karl Malone, the Scumbag

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Re: OT: Karl Malone, the Scumbag 

Post#41 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:59 am

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:I slide Larry Bird over to the PF spot and call him the best PF ever. He started at PF for years and played there a lot afterward. Malone sure did put up numbers, though.

You don't need to slide anyone over. Duncan and KG already have very strong cases over Malone for GOAT PF. You could even make a case for Dirk.
devilsace
Junior
And1: 334

Post#42 » by devilsace » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
binjumper wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:This is an old story, I remember this and being shocked about it at first - maybe when Cheryl entered the WNBA. I also remember other NBA players talking about it too and a news report or mini-documentary on it. Someone said it was a transferring of what he went through to his children. His father denied his mother's existence and she raised a tribe of kids on her own and he did the same to his kids, deny their existence.

It's hard to judge without knowing the complete story and the article is not giving a ton of information. More sensationalist. What I remember was it was consensual but underage which is wrong. He was worried the parents were being gold-diggers which the article alludes to also. His perception of the world is sort of warped from his childhood but he was never violent to people. The article discusses little on why he did what he did or it being generational, like having an abusive parent and hitting their own kids. The mini-documentary touched on it and that needs to be understood more. Saying that I never liked Malone as a person even when he was playing. He, like Barkley, seems like a person who is racist against black people. But I do respect his ability to play basketball and I didn't even know he reconciled with all his children which suggests growth. Remember Dr. J did the same thing with his daughter, we can't be selective on who we condemn or even if we have the right to condemn someone else.

None of that matters when you decide to have sex with a 13 year old girl when he was 17+. He should be in jail.

Is a 17 year-old having sex with a 13 year-old illegal? I don't think it is (and I'm sure it happens a lot in high schools as that's a grade 9 and grade 12 student).

But Malone was 20 in this case...

Its a grey area in the law atleast, while the legal age of consent is 16, people under the age of 16 can have sex with someone who is within 5 years of age, but i think that starts at the age of 14 anyway in Canada,

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-s-age-of-consent-raised-by-2-years-1.754941

PS- The spelling and grammar on this article were terrible, most posts on here are way better lol
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#43 » by raptorstime » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 am

NASTY!!!!!
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,575

Post#44 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
FluLikeSymptoms wrote:I slide Larry Bird over to the PF spot and call him the best PF ever. He started at PF for years and played there a lot afterward. Malone sure did put up numbers, though.

You don't need to slide anyone over. Duncan and KG already have very strong cases over Malone for GOAT PF. You could even make a case for Dirk.

Sure, Duncan or Bird. They’re in a class above the other guys, each arguably the best in the league for several years. The other guys mentioned never were that.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#45 » by Double Helix » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 am

Malone has always been unlikable to me. This just added to it.

Anyone remember when Doug Gilmour had allegations like this? He ended up getting traded. Suit was dropped but many people still wonder.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/11/11/A-14-year-old-girl-and-her-parents-who-filed-a/1374595227600/
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,180

Post#46 » by Steven1562 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 am

Malone has always been a jackass. The things he said about Magic when he was going through HIV/AIDS. Just disgusting for what Magic was going through.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#47 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:16 am

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Sure, Duncan or Bird. They’re in a class above the other guys, each arguably the best in the league for several years. The other guys mentioned never were that.

KG is statistically one of the best PFs of all time, if not the best. He just spent the majority of his career on a bad team.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,669

Post#48 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 am

YogiStewart wrote:https://medium.com/@cross0328/karl-malone-the-scumbag-d7c91b0bf16c

Interesting read

That's kinda real old news. I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#49 » by J-Roc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:59 am

Double Helix wrote:Malone has always been unlikable to me. This just added to it.

Anyone remember when Doug Gilmour had allegations like this? He ended up getting traded. Suit was dropped but many people still wonder.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/11/11/A-14-year-old-girl-and-her-parents-who-filed-a/1374595227600/

Wow there's a story I had never heard. Apparently she had diary entries that talked about him. She was the babysitter.

That girl is all grown up now. Wonder what she admits now. Does she still claim the story to be true, or did her parents put her up to it?
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

KG is statistically one of the best PFs of all time, if not the best. He just spent the majority of his career on a bad team.

Statistically, KG was nice. But he was never actually on Duncan’s level and this was proved over about a decade. Same with Dirk, CWebb, Pau, any PF in that era of great PFs. HOF but clearly behind Timmy. And a lot of KG’s teams were good in the reg season but they sure got smacked in the playoffs a lot.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,559

Post#51 » by dTox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
FluLikeSymptoms wrote:Sure, Duncan or Bird. They’re in a class above the other guys, each arguably the best in the league for several years. The other guys mentioned never were that.

Statistically, KG was nice. But he was never actually on Duncan’s level and this was proved over about a decade. Same with Dirk, CWebb, Pau, any PF in that era of great PFs. HOF but clearly behind Timmy. And a lot of KG’s teams were good in the reg season but they sure got smacked in the playoffs a lot.

And KG's stats tanked as soon as he was put on a contending team.
TBZ for the win
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#52 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
binjumper wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:This is an old story, I remember this and being shocked about it at first - maybe when Cheryl entered the WNBA. I also remember other NBA players talking about it too and a news report or mini-documentary on it. Someone said it was a transferring of what he went through to his children. His father denied his mother's existence and she raised a tribe of kids on her own and he did the same to his kids, deny their existence.

It's hard to judge without knowing the complete story and the article is not giving a ton of information. More sensationalist. What I remember was it was consensual but underage which is wrong. He was worried the parents were being gold-diggers which the article alludes to also. His perception of the world is sort of warped from his childhood but he was never violent to people. The article discusses little on why he did what he did or it being generational, like having an abusive parent and hitting their own kids. The mini-documentary touched on it and that needs to be understood more. Saying that I never liked Malone as a person even when he was playing. He, like Barkley, seems like a person who is racist against black people. But I do respect his ability to play basketball and I didn't even know he reconciled with all his children which suggests growth. Remember Dr. J did the same thing with his daughter, we can't be selective on who we condemn or even if we have the right to condemn someone else.

None of that matters when you decide to have sex with a 13 year old girl when he was 17+. He should be in jail.

Is a 17 year-old having sex with a 13 year-old illegal? I don't think it is (and I'm sure it happens a lot in high schools as that's a grade 9 and grade 12 student).

But Malone was 20 in this case...

In Canada a 14 or 15 year only would be OK. I stand corrected; a 13 year old may give legal consent to a 14 or 15 year old, but not to anyone older. https://ronellislaw.com/age-consent-canada/
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#53 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:52 pm

I always considered Timmy a C.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#54 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Shaazzam wrote:I always considered Timmy a C.

Timmy's an interesting case. He was primarily a PF during the first half of his career but he was almost exclusively a C during the 2nd half of his career. Over his entire career, he spent more minutes at C than at a PF. But his best individual seasons came during the first half of his career when he was primarily a PF.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Pretty fair. Even in his first 9 seasons when he was a PF he still played a bunch of C, and then he played C for his last 12 seasons. He was a big and the real conversation in the late 90s-mid aughts was/is Duncan vs Shaq. Dedicated Kobe and KG fans still keep up the chatter but Duncan and Shaq were the actual best players while others had successful campaigns, the way LeBron and KD have been the actual best players while others have had successful campaigns.

OakleyDokely wrote:

Timmy's an interesting case. He was primarily a PF during the first half of his career but he was almost exclusively a C during the 2nd half of his career. Over his entire career, he spent more minutes at C than at a PF. But his best individual seasons came during the first half of his career when he was primarily a PF.

True. His numbers after the move to C didn’t budge much, though.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#56 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:49 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:

Pretty fair. Even in his first 9 seasons when he was a PF he still played a bunch of C, and then he played C for his last 12 seasons. He was a big and the real conversation in the late 90s-mid aughts was/is Duncan vs Shaq. Dedicated Kobe and KG fans still keep up the chatter but Duncan and Shaq were the actual best players while others had successful campaigns, the way LeBron and KD have been the actual best players while others have had successful campaigns.

OakleyDokely wrote:

Even in his last season as a 39 year old, he was well above average. The guy could've kept playing well into his 40s..
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#57 » by BigShaq34 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Tell me something I don't know already. This has been known for years. Nothing new. I respect him as a player not as a person.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#58 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
FluLikeSymptoms wrote:

OakleyDokely wrote:

Even in his last season as a 39 year old, he was well above average. The guy could've kept playing well into his 40s..

Even when he played with the Admiral I just considered them a team that went with 2 C's.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#59 » by agkagk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Neither here nor there,

But I once saw a YouTube video on how Malone was the dirtiest player of all time.

There was a whole section on how we had the grip of a gorilla and would essentially pinch players that posted up on him— it was pretty hilarious watching the offensive player scream and writhe.

Wish I could find it. *shrugs*
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#60 » by will » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:29 pm

Mailman goin huntin'

This is old news though.

Return to Toronto Raptors