ImageImageImage

Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Re: Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving? 

Post#41 » by LongTimeFan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 am

I've been a Celtic's fan for about 60 years now. Last year, largely, I just had no interest in watching them play. Yeh, Smart was and is a Celtic. Horford, too. Something wasn't right. Haywood obviously was still coming back.

I am not indifferent. I am curious about the future of this team. Last year, I was indifferent and confused. That first game in the playoffs against Milwaukee they were magnificent. And then ???????
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,844

Post#42 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 am

So indifferent that I'm not even posting on this thread.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#43 » by sully00 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:21 pm

I am not indifferent to it because I am so mad at myself for buying into the a-hole that I can't let it go until I see some real basketball. I just feel like we gas lit ourselves as a fan base and fortunately Ainge was able to salvage the franchise from the dumpster fire it was due to become.

The entire way the collective "we" dumped on Isaiah Thomas on the way out the door because he had the hubris to want to be a Celtic for life and gave his heart, soul and body to this team. Not the transaction itself but the everything else part of it. How emotional it was for him and how easily the "we" was over it and talking about what a bad guy he was in the locker room, and how dare he care about his video tribute, or wanting to get paid. In some ways I think we deserved last year for that.

I will have such a jaundice eye now for anyone that is looking to force their way out of their current situation.

But the biggest concern I have is still how quick the fan base was willing to fault the "young guys" on the team, the same young guys who had just proven themselves the year before. Not because of something we could see really or was coming from the organization but because of what this punk said in an interview on TV. The kids weren't the problem Hayward's slow recovery was the problem early in the year and then how the team played off of Kyrie was the bigger problem in the second half and part of that was that everyone in the locker room probably knew what we kept trying to deny.

I just feel like the "we" were too willing to appease Irving to have our seat at the Super Star Douche Bag Club that we lost sight of what it is all about.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#44 » by sam_I_am » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 pm

sully00 wrote:I am not indifferent to it because I am so mad at myself for buying into the a-hole that I can't let it go until I see some real basketball. I just feel like we gas lit ourselves as a fan base and fortunately Ainge was able to salvage the franchise from the dumpster fire it was due to become.

The entire way the collective "we" dumped on Isaiah Thomas on the way out the door because he had the hubris to want to be a Celtic for life and gave his heart, soul and body to this team. Not the transaction itself but the everything else part of it. How emotional it was for him and how easily the "we" was over it and talking about what a bad guy he was in the locker room, and how dare he care about his video tribute, or wanting to get paid. In some ways I think we deserved last year for that.

I will have such a jaundice eye now for anyone that is looking to force their way out of their current situation.

But the biggest concern I have is still how quick the fan base was willing to fault the "young guys" on the team, the same young guys who had just proven themselves the year before. Not because of something we could see really or was coming from the organization but because of what this punk said in an interview on TV. The kids weren't the problem Hayward's slow recovery was the problem early in the year and then how the team played off of Kyrie was the bigger problem in the second half and part of that was that everyone in the locker room probably knew what we kept trying to deny.

I just feel like the "we" were too willing to appease Irving to have our seat at the Super Star Douche Bag Club that we lost sight of what it is all about.

It’s too bad that IT had a fatal flaw that made committing to him long term impossible (I honestly was blind to that at time but history has shown it to be true) and that trading him for a younger more talented player like Kyrie was a smart GM move (even though he turned out to be an even bigger flake than he was in Cleveland).

However, in my 40 years as a Celtic fan there have been few players who were such pure joy to watch as IT. Larry Bird was the best ever for me - pure elite ability combined with reckless passion and true artistry - it really can’t get any better. Paul Pierce’s toughness, fourth quarter bravado and perserverence through so many tough times was another. But IT’s brief but meteoric rise to a near MVP season was almost as memorable to me. The playoff run without Kyrie gives me hope this group can generate that kind of magic.
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#45 » by LongTimeFan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:47 pm

I think Sully has a good point. Why on earth, literally, did we buy into this flat earther at all. DA did, so OK, ... DA has made a lot of good moves. Nonetheless......

But the Celtics are the Celtics because THEY beat the superstars. THEY beat the superstars, because as a team we wear them down.
And at the end of the game that fatigue let's Havelcek or DJ steal the ball. It lets IT outperform players of much greater size and capability. IT was a Celtic, like Bird and so many others.

It takes a particularly strange kind of self love to entertain the idea that earth is flat. This kind of self love is not going to be conducive to maintaining the team. It is not reality based.
timpiker
Senior
And1: 428

Post#46 » by timpiker » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Mad at him for leaving? Not me. In fact, I'm glad the lying SOB is gone. I feel dirty as a lifetime C's fan that I actually rooted for this POS.

No, I'm not upset he left.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#47 » by Roddy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,555

Post#48 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Didn't want to be here, he's gone. I moved on the moment it was unofficially official! No hatred for Kyrie at all, had he gone to the Bucks it would probably be a different story.

KEMBA IS MY PG!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
000078ude54
Pro Prospect
And1: 551

Post#49 » by 000078ude54 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:52 pm

I processed it as him leaving makes our team better by lifting a huge negative weight from everyone.

But viewing it as a basketball fan, his 2018-19 was a disgrace. Whether he realizes it or not, he exposed himself as a fraud. He's Jamal Crawford with a terrible attitude, not a superstar. Maybe not even a star. He's a name. And clearly he has some self-destructive tendencies. He was handed the keys to the Boston Celtics and immediately crapped his pants in the car, then drove it into a ditch.

That part is sad. Not for me. But sad.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#50 » by Cyclical » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Im not mad that he left. I’m mad at how he left, where he:

-made a public commitment to stay with the team
-followed it up with a Nike commercial stating how he wants his number retired
-per Spencer Dinwiddie, he reneged on everything two months later
-he worked to sow discord in Boston
-he tried to recruit players to Brooklyn before the end of the season
-that total **** show of a performance in the playoffs where he willingly gave up on the team and worked to sabotage our performance by repeatedly switching onto Giannis in transition and froze out teammates repeatedly to continue to force terrible shots, all made even more frustrating by his repeated calls to ‘wait til you see him in the post-season’.

**** that guy. I dont care that he left but I will actively root against him for the rest of his career because of how he left.

100%

At this point you kinda have to be in the the "good riddance" camp. How anyone would still want him after all that is baffling.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,441

Post#51 » by SichtingLives » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 pm

The Chief wrote: He was handed the keys to the Boston Celtics and immediately crapped his pants in the car, then drove it into a ditch.

Heh. lol'd
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
UHar_Vinnie
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#52 » by UHar_Vinnie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:I wanted him back so we could proceed to trade his ass, but he outsmarted me.

Wes-J wrote:Biggest d-bag to ever suit up for the Celtics.

Is that Mark Blount?
The Millennials be like, Who dis?

Let’s have the Celtics_History_Lesson give a Celtics history lesson on Mark Blount. Or better yet, read this “Where is Mark Blount Now” from last year: https://www.heraldnews.com/sports/20180330/whatever-happened-to-boston-celtics-center-mark-blount

P.S. Please don’t forget another legend from that era, Vin Baker.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#53 » by ddb » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 am

Why are we still talking about Kyrie. Now that he's gone it feels like he was never even here. He had maybe 2 games ever where he hit big shots on the home court and made it feel real. Otherwise it just felt like Boston was always the bridge between Cleveland and Brooklyn. And that's fine because while Kyrie was here we learned a few things about him. Without getting into all the details let's just get excited about this team with Kemba, Marcus, Tatum, Hayward, Kanter, everyone else and whoever we get for Brown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#54 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:23 pm

We’re lucky because we gave up so little to get him. It was a hit because he’s only 26, 27 and we lost a lot of trade value with him and Horford leaving. But I think in some ways we’re in better shape now.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#55 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Froob wrote:Who?

And thats how he should be treated when he comes back. Complete and total indifference. I know it’ll never happen, but I’d love to see the crowd do something interesting like give him the silent treatment.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#56 » by ermocrate » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Sincerely he wasn’t the reason we failed last season but he quitted so hard that I’m glad he is gone, I’m even more glad Terry is gone, unfortunately a number of issues we had last year are still here and I’m still worried about those. Stevens ability to handle talent, immature and pretentious players and some distruptive elements in the fan base.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#57 » by Turgon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm

**** Kyrie.

Glad he's gone. Great talent but a headcase.
Let him poison another team.
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#58 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 pm

ddb wrote:Why are we still talking about Kyrie. Now that he's gone it feels like he was never even here. He had maybe 2 games ever where he hit big shots on the home court and made it feel real. Otherwise it just felt like Boston was always the bridge between Cleveland and Brooklyn. And that's fine because while Kyrie was here we learned a few things about him. Without getting into all the details let's just get excited about this team with Kemba, Marcus, Tatum, Hayward, Kanter, everyone else and whoever we get for Brown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

What's up ddb? how you been. Thanks for the emotional support back then. I was hurting bad.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,804

Post#59 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Kemba will have much better chemistry with this team, especially in the locker room.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#60 » by OldCeltics » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:59 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:He was my favorite non Celtic before we got him. Was over the moon when we got him. Seeing him last year was easily my biggest shock and disappointment of all time when it comes to sports.

I'm just happy I never watched his movie. Looking forward to watching him fail the rest of his career though. Lol

His movie was terrible, unwatchable. An i love basketball movies.

Return to Boston Celtics