ImageImageImageImageImage

Best all-time Raptor #2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Best all-time Raptor out of this list

Vince Carter
11%
DeMar DeRozan
21%
Chris Bosh
1%
Kawhi Leonard
65%
Jose Calderon
No votes
Pascal Siakam
1%
Antonio Davis
No votes
Alvin Williams
1%
Morris Peterson
1%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 140

Retro_Junkball
Senior
And1: 277

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#41 » by Retro_Junkball » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:49 am

RyderMike wrote:The most important basket by a player wearing #2 for the Raptors

I refuse to click the link. This is the Raptors equivalent of being RickRoll'd. LOL.

IMHO, KL2 gets number two. VC gets 3. DD gets 4.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,065

Post#42 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
It's basketball. One guy makes all the difference.

It does. Still doesn't make him any more than a mercenary for this franchise.

He's way more than a mercenary. He played his absolute hardest and won us a title. There's nothing to criticize his attitude or play for. He left it all on the court.

I agree with everything in bold completely. And yet he was still a mercenary for this franchise.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#43 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:It does. Still doesn't make him any more than a mercenary for this franchise.

He's way more than a mercenary. He played his absolute hardest and won us a title. There's nothing to criticize his attitude or play for. He left it all on the court.

I agree with everything in bold completely. And yet he was still a mercenary for this franchise.

That's silly. Why isn't a guy who's here for 4 years a mercenary if that's the length of his contract and he leaves after? Why does the length of years on the contract matter?

DeMar was here for years building a career on accolades he doesn't deserve. Why isn't he a mercenary?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#44 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 am

In terms of talent?

1. Kawhi
2. VC
3. Lowry
4. Bosh
5. Derozan
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,065

Post#45 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:That's silly.

I don't think so. He came for one year to an organization that he didn't want to be any part of, did his job to the best of his ability, and left at his first opportunity. That's the purest definition of a mercenary there is. And perhaps Dave Winfield wasn't even the best example. Kawhi was basically what Roger Clemens was for the Blue Jays, just with team success (the best pitcher in baseball who came to Toronto for the money, posted a few of the best seasons in MLB history as a Jay, and left at his first chance). Do you think Clemens is making any all-time best Blue Jays lists any time soon despite being one of the best pitchers who ever lived and posting his best ever seasons with the organization?

DeMar was here for years building a career on accolades he doesn't deserve. Why isn't he a mercenary?

I'm no DeRozan fan, but he's going to end up playing the majority of his career in Toronto while posting some very good numbers. His overall legacy is going to be forever tied to the organization for better or worse. While people in Toronto will always remember the season fondly, Leonard's overall career won't be tied to Toronto. It will be one brief stop in a HOF career.

When determining something like the best player in a franchise's history, longevity with that franchise is a factor just like anything else. It might even be the biggest factor.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Tribe
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,531

Post#46 » by Tribe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am

Fred

You cant be the finals mvp and not be top 2
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,603

Post#47 » by ConSarnit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:55 pm

What are the qualifications here? The best or the greatest? For example: Wade is the greatest Heat (means the most to the franchise) but Lebron is obviously their best player ever.

Best: Kawhi, VC, Lowry

Greatest: Lowry/VC (almost too close to call, as sour as things ended with Vince he put us on the map)
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,331

Post#48 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:That's silly.

I don't think so. He came for one year to an organization that he didn't want to be any part of, did his job to the best of his ability, and left at his first opportunity. That's the purest definition of a mercenary there is. And perhaps Dave Winfield wasn't even the best example. Kawhi was basically what Roger Clemens was for the Blue Jays, just with team success (the best pitcher in baseball who came to Toronto for the money, posted a few of the best seasons in MLB history as a Jay, and left at his first chance). Do you think Clemens is making any all-time best Blue Jays lists any time soon despite being one of the best pitchers who ever lived and posting his best ever seasons with the organization?

If Clemens won a WS in Toronto he would definitely make all-time lists.

It shouldn't be about games played. It should be about impact made.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#49 » by DrCoach » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:For me, it's not about games played, it's about impact made in the games played. No player had the impact of Kawhi in Raptors history.

Not tru

Vince Carter easily, even without a Title
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#50 » by Sandman88 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Vince did more for Basketball in Canada and longevity matters.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#51 » by dTox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Vince did more for Basketball in Canada and longevity matters.
Winning a title, smashing viewership records on least on 8 different occasions, 3 million people attending the parade, over 35 USA national TV games tells me the VC era was miniscule compared to this season. And this is coming from a guy who watched basketball cause of VC and wants to see his jersey retired

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#52 » by dTox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 pm

If it's About games played then give mo Pete or Jose Calderon the #2 spot lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win

Return to Toronto Raptors