POR/CLE/OKC/DAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

POR/CLE/OKC/DAL 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Portland out:
Collins
Whiteside
Bazemore
2020 FRP
2022 FRP

Portland in:
Gallo
Love

Cavs out:
Love

Cavs in:
Collins
THJ
Justin Jackson
2022 FRP via Portland

OKC out:
Adams
Gallo

OKC in:
Whiteside
Bazemore
2 seconds via Dallas
2020 FRP via Portland

Dallas out:
THJ
Justin Jackson
2 second round picks

Dallas in:
Adams

Portland loads up for the wild western conference for a better chance at contention giving up 2 firsts and collins. This makes their defence worse, but their offense substantially better, and love probably pairs better alongside nurkic than whiteside would once nurkic comes back.

Cavs get two young prospects in jackson and collins and the more favorable of the two first round picks most likely.

OKC offloads two coveted veterans in return for expirings and more picks.

Dallas gets adams for THJ, jackson, and 2 seconds, mavs probably do this 10/10, solidifies their front court fairly substially.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,077

Re: POR/CLE/OKC/DAL 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Portland doesn't want Love. OKC isn't trading Adams for 2nds. Gallo to Portland for exps and a 1st or Little works.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,894

Post#3 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Portland doesn't want Love. OKC isn't trading Adams for 2nds. Gallo to Portland for exps and a 1st or Little works.

This post perfectly explains Portland's position on this deal. And with the brevity of a scholar. Good day sir.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Portland says no pretty easily. The trade would leave Portland with only Gallo and Love(assuming neither gets injured) to man the pf and center positions(terrible defensively). Love's contract also probably puts Portland in the tax next season making them pay on the repeaters tax. Furthermore I like Collin's potential and would not really want to give him up in a trade for a soon to be UFA and an injury prone and overpaid pf
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm

Cleveland doesn't want to trade Love, though at least this probably the best return for Love yet.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#6 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Furthermore I like Collin's potential and would not really want to give him up in a trade for a soon to be UFA and an injury prone and overpaid pf

Not to mention the contract of Love would necessitate that Portland doesn't resign Gallo, and at this point in their respective careers I would much rather have Danilo on my team than Love.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm

I’ll take a first round pick and Bazemore from Portland for Gallo. I don’t want the rest of that trash.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,130

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Cleveland doesn't want to trade Love, though at least this probably the best return for Love yet.

Not really. We're eating THjr which wipes out Jackson and then some IMO. That's a negative value return.

I know this board is irrationally high on Collins, but the reality is he's half way through his rookie contract and he's averaging under 6 points and 4 rebound per game. It's not a matter of him not getting minutes either. His advanced numbers don't jump out. If he doesn't make a big jump this year, he'll be viewed as a role player off the bench and not a terribly valuable one. The 2022 pick is the best asset in this package. If I've got to take back THjr and give up Love to get it, I'd probably pass.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,394

Post#9 » by JRoy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:26 pm

Easy no for Portland.

Portland needs an upgrade at forward, preferably 2
Way players.

This looks like a panic move and an overpay for two overpaid, injury prone, offense only guys.

I like both players and maybe a deal could be worked out for one but this is not close.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
expatbayern
Senior
And1: 213

Post#10 » by expatbayern » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Oof. Are Portland trying to set a record for points allowed or something? Whiteside, Bazemore, and Collins might be the only three plus defenders on the team, and here they're traded away to bring in two guys who are so bad on defense they only provide positive on-court value if they're getting enough shots to put up 20+ ppg (which neither one will come close to playing with Lillard and McCollum)?

Without hyperbole I think if you dropped Collins and the picks that Whiteside/Bazemore for Love/Gallo would still make Portland worse on-court (the value would of course be great, but the fit is out and out catastrophic).
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:51 pm

Collins and JJ are not worth eating THJ
close but not with Love also on the way out.
It's just another undervaluing of Love and now an over valuing of Collins
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#12 » by Soulyss » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 am

This is pretty horrific for Portland.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#13 » by Myth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Definite no from Portland.

I'd also like to add a side note to Cavs fans of the future that this was another Love to Portland trade that was not proposed by Portland fans.
MorleyGrape1
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#14 » by MorleyGrape1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Prediction: Portland trades for Love at the deadline after he stays healthy and puts up 22 and 10.
Myth
General Manager

Post#15 » by Myth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 pm

MorleyGrape1 wrote:Prediction: Portland trades for Love at the deadline after he stays healthy and puts up 22 and 10.

And what is the trade?
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#16 » by Revenged25 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Myth wrote:
MorleyGrape1 wrote:Prediction: Portland trades for Love at the deadline after he stays healthy and puts up 22 and 10.

And what is the trade?

That's a good question because there isn't really anything on Portland that Cleveland would want, nothing against Collins and Little, unless those two took a step forward/had a good rookie start, but at that case why does Portland make the trade? Cleveland doesn't need cap space so a Whiteside contract doesn't make sense, CJ is part of Portland's core and Cleveland wants to replicate it with their own talent, there just isn't a trade here. Maybe if Nurkic is back healthy and someone wants the large expiring of Whiteside for whatever reason a 3rd team coudl be found, but that's unlikely still.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,077

Post#17 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Myth wrote:

And what is the trade?

That's a good question because there isn't really anything on Portland that Cleveland would want, nothing against Collins and Little, unless those two took a step forward/had a good rookie start, but at that case why does Portland make the trade? Cleveland doesn't need cap space so a Whiteside contract doesn't make sense, CJ is part of Portland's core and Cleveland wants to replicate it with their own talent, there just isn't a trade here. Maybe if Nurkic is back healthy and someone wants the large expiring of Whiteside for whatever reason a 3rd team coudl be found, but that's unlikely still.

Collins and Little would be a very good return for Love. I don't see Portland doing that. I mean, that fills the two biggest rebuild holes for the Cavs, a high potential forward and center.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#18 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Collins and Little would be a very good return for Love. I don't see Portland doing that. I mean, that fills the two biggest rebuild holes for the Cavs, a high potential forward and center.

I think Cleveland fans expect a Blake Griffin type return for Love and that simply isn't something that fans of the other 29 teams are going to agree on. There is a canyon between what the majority of CLE fans expect on this website in return for Love, and what the fans of the rest of the league see his value at.

Its really not worth posting any Love trades on this board. Its just not productive really. Better to sit it out and wait to see which side is right when he is dealt.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#19 » by Revenged25 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

I think Cleveland fans expect a Blake Griffin type return for Love and that simply isn't something that fans of the other 29 teams are going to agree on. There is a canyon between what the majority of CLE fans expect on this website in return for Love, and what the fans of the rest of the league see his value at.

Its really not worth posting any Love trades on this board. Its just not productive really. Better to sit it out and wait to see which side is right when he is dealt.

Collins has shown nothing but being a rotational player, we have that already, and Little is a rookie so we need to see what he has. How does either of them help Cleveland compared to what Love provides to Cleveland? Love will give the young players to rely on when they are struggling, his production will put them in more competitive games help spur along their development, and he's a good lockerroom guy to mentor them. All Collins and Little would provide is a guy that peopel have been talking about his potential for 4 years but hasn't taken the next step and a rookie that although is at a spot we are thin at, has questions with his 3pt shooting ability which Beilein is known to prioritize a lot in his offenses at Michigan.

The problem is that Love has so much value to what he does to help young players develop that no team is going to want to pay what his value to Cleveland is. Cleveland went through an attempted rebuild once before without any quality veterans before and a lot of losing, it was going very badly until LeBron came back and changed up the culture of the team to focusing on winning. WIth the young talent on the team right now, I would prefer Cleveland just missing the playoffs and the young guys putting put to the fire and finding out if they are goign to get burnt or rise above it so we can continue to develop a winning team.
Myth
General Manager

Post#20 » by Myth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Collins has shown nothing but being a rotational player, we have that already, and Little is a rookie so we need to see what he has. How does either of them help Cleveland compared to what Love provides to Cleveland? Love will give the young players to rely on when they are struggling, his production will put them in more competitive games help spur along their development, and he's a good lockerroom guy to mentor them. All Collins and Little would provide is a guy that peopel have been talking about his potential for 4 years but hasn't taken the next step and a rookie that although is at a spot we are thin at, has questions with his 3pt shooting ability which Beilein is known to prioritize a lot in his offenses at Michigan.

The problem is that Love has so much value to what he does to help young players develop that no team is going to want to pay what his value to Cleveland is. Cleveland went through an attempted rebuild once before without any quality veterans before and a lot of losing, it was going very badly until LeBron came back and changed up the culture of the team to focusing on winning. WIth the young talent on the team right now, I would prefer Cleveland just missing the playoffs and the young guys putting put to the fire and finding out if they are goign to get burnt or rise above it so we can continue to develop a winning team.

I have so many responses that I'm going to keep to myself and simply say: And this is why Broncos said "Its really not worth posting any Love trades on this board."

Return to Trades and Transactions