Image ImageImage Image

Do people want the Reinsdorf’s to sell the Bulls?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

1). Yes
83%
2). No
17%

Total votes: 103

Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Re: Do people want the Reinsdorf’s to sell the Bulls? 

Post#241 » by Am2626 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:32 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:I know that we have not won a championship in 21 years, but how many owners can say that they have won six championships in the history of their franchise? In fact, only the Lakers and the Celtics have won more championships than the Bulls. You can attribute that to Jordan and whatnot, but he did not come to the league and start winning championships. A core of players and coaches had to be put around him in order to give the team the best chance to be successful. And, all of that happened as a result of great ownership and management. Beyond the dynasty years we have had some runs in the playoffs and some bad moments, but in the end the Bulls organization has been a well-run organization.

By the way, I believe great players choose not to sign with the Bulls because they realize that they will never have their way with this type of ownership, as even Jordan or Phil Jackson could not get their ways.For instance, all the **** LeBron and his circle got away with in Cleveland would never happen in Chicago. He would never have the influence to have us resign JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, among others, for that kind of money. This is actually the untold story of why great players are not coming to Chicago via free-agency.

So basically you are saying that star players won’t come to the Bulls because of how the organization is run. If the organization can’t bring stars in how is it a great organization?
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#242 » by transplant » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 pm

coldfish wrote:
Michael has an awful pedigree. As tong po has said multiple times, this is a guy who is the son of a billionaire who went to the university of arizona and got no advanced education. He then went on to use his daddy's money to get all of his jobs. If he wasn't the son of Jerry, he would be having trouble getting that promotion to manager at Panera's.

When you hear him talk, he really doesn't seem like there is much going on upstairs.

As frustrating as it is to have Jerry as owner, the guy is obviously smart and shrewd. Michael, not so much.

Side note, since the pro Jerry crowd loves the name Dolan so much, let's go there. Dolan is the SON of the guy who made it rich and his every job is the result of his daddy . . . kind of like Michael.

This is a very real concern and isn’t discussed or written about enough.

Jerry Reinsdorf made his bones. He’s a career overachiever. To this point, Michael Reinsdorf is simply a member of the lucky sperm club. That Michael may turn out to be a weak stick ought to be a bigger concern.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#243 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 am

Am2626 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:I know that we have not won a championship in 21 years, but how many owners can say that they have won six championships in the history of their franchise? In fact, only the Lakers and the Celtics have won more championships than the Bulls. You can attribute that to Jordan and whatnot, but he did not come to the league and start winning championships. A core of players and coaches had to be put around him in order to give the team the best chance to be successful. And, all of that happened as a result of great ownership and management. Beyond the dynasty years we have had some runs in the playoffs and some bad moments, but in the end the Bulls organization has been a well-run organization.

By the way, I believe great players choose not to sign with the Bulls because they realize that they will never have their way with this type of ownership, as even Jordan or Phil Jackson could not get their ways.For instance, all the **** LeBron and his circle got away with in Cleveland would never happen in Chicago. He would never have the influence to have us resign JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, among others, for that kind of money. This is actually the untold story of why great players are not coming to Chicago via free-agency.

So basically you are saying that star players won’t come to the Bulls because of how the organization is run. If the organization can’t bring stars in how is it a great organization?

No, I am basically saying that those spoiled brats want to control and hold the franchises hostage, which they realize they can't do with the Bulls organization. The Bulls organization is being run the way any successful organization should run its business. It's not the organization, it's the spoiled brats of today and their agents who think they should be players and managers at the same time. I know with certainty that this Bulls organization would never let any player tell them how to run their franchise, regardless of who that player is. And, I am quite fine with their philosophy. We are going to have to grow our own superstars or trade for one if the opportunity presents itself.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#244 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:42 pm

The Nets basically just sold for $2.35 Billion. Tsai bought the remaining 51% from Prokhorov making the total sale of the team $2.35 Billion. Crazy that they are better than the Knicks, run better than the Knicks, but are worth just over half of what the Knicks are valued at. Prokhorov is smart and he probably got out at a good time.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#245 » by Am2626 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:55 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

No, I am basically saying that those spoiled brats want to control and hold the franchises hostage, which they realize they can't do with the Bulls organization. The Bulls organization is being run the way any successful organization should run its business. It's not the organization, it's the spoiled brats of today and their agents who think they should be players and managers at the same time. I know with certainty that this Bulls organization would never let any player tell them how to run their franchise, regardless of who that player is. And, I am quite fine with their philosophy. We are going to have to grow our own superstars or trade for one if the opportunity presents itself.

The NBA always has and will always be a player’s league. Are you saying that you do not want the next Jordan because of concerns with their ego and special treatment that they expect?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#246 » by League Circles » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:00 pm

I feel like Michael Reinsdorf personally make the Zenni logo green. Ugh.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,207

Post#247 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:The Nets basically just sold for $2.35 Billion. Tsai bought the remaining 51% from Prokhorov making the total sale of the team $2.35 Billion. Crazy that they are better than the Knicks, run better than the Knicks, but are worth just over half of what the Knicks are valued at. Prokhorov is smart and he probably got out at a good time.

Oh yeah he did. He knows what he is doing. Not sure the Knicks are worth what they are valued at though. You can throw the values out there doesn’t mean that is what it is going to sell for though. Knicks are a bigger brand though and that is what you are selling.

Return to Chicago Bulls