ImageImageImage

Who Are You Most Excited For From The New Additions Made Last Season (Supporting Cast)?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Who Are You Most Excited For From The New Additions Made Last Season (Supporting Cast)? 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 am

So Luka and KP are out, but your options can include the players below

Brunson
Justin Jackson
Broekhoff
Courtney Lee
THJ
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Re: Who Are You Most Excited For From The New Additions Made Last Season (Non-Stars)? 

Post#2 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 am

I'm most excited for Brunson, then Justin Jackson, then THJ, then Broekhoff. I guess Lee is the last one on the list for me, lol.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Re: Who Are You Most Excited For From The New Additions Made Last Season (Non-Stars)? 

Post#3 » by Darren » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:08 am

DJ disappoints me somewhat as a rim protector. Technically, Dirk was also a new addition. The final AS minutes are good. Unfortunately, not for the 3 point challenge. To be sure, none of the new addition impress me that much. Brunson does surprise me being able to upgrade the D from grade E to grade C; and is able to handle big role if needed. If there's any non-star addition making an impression, Jalen is somewhat impressive; more so than inconsistent and chucking TH or Burke.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#4 » by daoneandonly » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am

I'd say Jackson, apparently he's put on some weight, so hopefully that translates to being an improved defender.

Read on Twitter
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#5 » by dirkforpres » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Jackson. He has a chance to start at a position where anyone with playing time can differentiate themselves.

I’m excited for Brunson too, but truth be told, I think Jackson is the only one listed that isn’t going to get dealt or cut
FIRE JASON KIDD
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#6 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Jackson and Seth are guys I would like to see start. Either is cool and might want to see looks at both.

You left off Ryan and he could develop into a 3 point assassin this season so he is not someone we should overlook.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:15 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Jackson and Seth are guys I would like to see start. Either is cool and might want to see looks at both.

You left off Ryan and he could develop into a 3 point assassin this season so he is not someone we should overlook.

Ryan's up there, I just used his last name and not his first.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Re: Who Are You Most Excited For From The New Additions Made Last Season (Supporting Cast)? 

Post#9 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Brunson may also be a good guy to root for because he is buried on the bench now behind DeLon and his 3 point shooting is going to be a bit more accurate so he will be a spark plug off the bench and probably the PG that actually controls the ball when Doncic is off the floor. This makes him a keeper because of the important fit and role he plays here. Assets that would be moved are still the expiring contracts of Lee and THJ. I expect talent to be developed and kept especially draft picks that are on rookie scale contracts. Ryan if he develops a defensive streak will have to be given minutes and we already know he is a better 3 point shooter than DFS. Jackson as well shoots better than DFS so what we have is a war for minutes at the SF position and let the best man win. The position we trade for might be a wing or big and if its a wing then one of the 3 SF's will likely be traded and that might be DFS. Hopefully he shows an improved 3 early on to create some interest.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Re: Who Are You Most Excited For From The New Additions Made Last Season (Supporting Cast)? 

Post#10 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:08 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:my bad

No worries bruh. Happens to me all the time. I legit have to hit ctrl + + until I get to at least 150%, just so I can notice things more easily. Sometimes 175 or 200%, lol.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:11 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Brunson may also be a good guy to root for because he is buried on the bench now behind DeLon and his 3 point shooting is going to be a bit more accurate so he will be a spark plug off the bench and probably the PG that actually controls the ball when Doncic is off the floor. This makes him a keeper because of the important fit and role he plays here. Assets that would be moved are still the expiring contracts of Lee and THJ. I expect talent to be developed and kept especially draft picks that are on rookie scale contracts. Ryan if he develops a defensive streak will have to be given minutes and we already know he is a better 3 point shooter than DFS. Jackson as well shoots better than DFS so what we have is a war for minutes at the SF position and let the best man win. The position we trade for might be a wing or big and if its a wing then one of the 3 SF's will likely be traded and that might be DFS. Hopefully he shows an improved 3 early on to create some interest.

THJ isn't 100% an expiring. He has an option, something he will likely exercise since the free agent market this offseason will be weak. I think his 15% trade kicker bumped his deal up to above $20 million for next season too, but I'm not sure. Spotrac doesn't account for it, but that may be an error or just because it's a player option.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/tim-hardaway-jr-13337/
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,347

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:20 pm

This seemed like the most relevant thread to post this...

The Mavericks Are Putting All the Right Pieces Around Luka and Kristaps

Tuesday’s win over Denver showed that Dallas is capable of succeeding even when its two young Euro stars are having an off night

Dallas’s best players may not have been firing on all cylinders in its 109-106 win over Denver on Tuesday, but the team did show the rest of the league proof that it could succeed without them.

Dallas handed Denver its first loss despite a true clunker from the team’s centerpieces. Doncic and Porzingis combined to make just seven of 26 attempts from the floor and two of 14 shots from beyond the arc, and scored just 22 points. The Mavericks’ supporting cast carried them in Denver, with seven of the other eight players who logged minutes scoring in double digits, all clustered between 10 and 14 points, with Maxi Kleber, Hardaway, Delon Wright, and Dorian Finney-Smith leading the way.

Yes, Doncic scored a miraculous up-and-under through traffic to ice the game with under a minute remaining, but his teammates got him in a position to do so. Four non-Porzingis, non-Doncic Mavericks scored in the first four minutes of the fourth quarter, turning a five-point deficit into a six-point lead.

Sharing the wealth has worked wonders for the Mavericks, who are now 3-1 with wins over the Nuggets, Wizards, and Pelicans and a two-point loss to Portland. The Mavs weren’t the only team that lacked contributions from their young stars on Tuesday, but they were the only one able to weather the storm. The Hawks cratered when their franchise centerpiece exited the floor with an injury.

Dallas gave Doncic a fellow superstar and some veterans to plug the holes. Atlanta’s ancillary crew has a brighter future and might not be ready to carry the team when Trae Young’s off or absent, but Dallas has shown they’re already up for the task.
The Ringer
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,595

Post#13 » by Dirk » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This seemed like the most relevant thread to post this...

Impressive my man.
Ventured to the dark side.
Did the leg work of finding an appropriate topic.
And you even have the article all properly formatted and easy to read.

My very basic description of the Mavs "role guys" ---- various smart players. The Mavs are handicapped in size/physicality it feels though.
60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks