ImageImageImage

Safe to say Flips 2013 rebuild has failed and is over?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Re: Safe to say Flips 2013 rebuild has failed and is over? 

Post#41 » by wesleyt95 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Jedzz wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
The great part of this is you telling us the Wolves should change their 'radar' because it's never "EVER" worked, and here they have been starting Wiggins this whole time and forcing the ball into his hands and locking their financial future to him. Think about this for a second. Would you? Had Flip never made that trade, how different do things happen since? What would they actually have gotten in return for Love if they had refused Wiggins being in the deal? Where would the Wolves be right now?

Idc about what happened back in 2013, I dont even care about what happened last year, keep playing coulda woulda shoulda while the rest of us stay positive and live in the moment... have fun watching Wiggins next year whether u like it or not

Thanks for your philosophy of losing. Remember, it was you who said the Wolves should change their ways because "cuz the **** hasnt worked, EVER!". You can't have it both ways. Change, but don't change. Whether you like it or not, your suggestions need to follow some kind of logic or at least track from one to the next.

Living in the moment huh. Let me ponder that a while. As far as not caring about last year or years before, well, that's the only way you start making better decisions, by learning something from the past. But let's say we don't care and let's live for now and to hell with any past decisions. Fine. Then move Wiggins now to live for now. Wolves could even just bench him completely or make him a 6th man at best in usage. No? Oh I see, you are just one of those who believed the Wolves' hype on Wiggins so much early on that you have refuse to release it. That would be living in the past. It is ok. I get it. But don't lecture me on living for now if you aren't willing to.

No I said the 'radar'... now that you mention it, it was more directed at you instead of the leadership of the franchise. I'm all for the wolves improving as much as possible as soon as possible, but I don't think you realize it would greatly behoove us if Wiggins get's his **** together and is part of the picture. As of now we'd get ripped off and he's potentially still about 4 years away from his prime.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#42 » by Jedzz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:25 pm

wesleyt95 wrote: As of now we'd get ripped off and he's potentially still about 4 years away from his prime.

If that's true and he's still another 4 years out from whatever his level of prime play is, then I definitely want to move on. Sub level play for this long is not worth it, especially at top dollar. It's holding the team back while we wait for this guy at such a long term. I don't care about the money in moving him or in keeping him. It's about the Starting him while he plays at replacement level that bothers me.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#43 » by wesleyt95 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Jedzz wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote: As of now we'd get ripped off and he's potentially still about 4 years away from his prime.

If that's true and he's still another 4 years out from whatever his level of prime play is, then I definitely want to move on. Sub level play for this long is not worth it, especially at top dollar. It's holding the team back while we wait for this guy at such a long term. I don't care about the money in moving him or in keeping him. It's about the Starting him while he plays at replacement level that bothers me.

Don't be a fool, its ok i understand we all need a punchingbag
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#44 » by Jedzz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

We can leave it there with you calling me a fool and me telling you the truth according to me. Sounds fine to me.
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#45 » by DaKid » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 am

This is like watching kids argue over if it's going to rain tomorrow. Neither of you has any special insight as to what the wolves have done in the future or why the wolves have done things in the past so why waste your time bickering about it. I can't believe "adults" have this much time to go back and forth about something so ridiculous. Let it go.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#46 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Jedzz wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

We can leave it there with you calling me a fool and me telling you the truth according to me. Sounds fine to me.

'Dont be a fool' isnt the same as 'you ARE a fool', if you cant distinguish that you probably are a fool tho just saying
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#47 » by Jedzz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:08 pm

DaKid wrote:This is like watching kids argue over if it's going to rain tomorrow. Neither of you has any special insight as to what the wolves have done in the future or why the wolves have done things in the past so why waste your time bickering about it. I can't believe "adults" have this much time to go back and forth about something so ridiculous. Let it go.
If that was a prerequisite for posting here there wouldn't be a single post ever.

It's a forum to talk about this team. A person like you, however, wasting your time just being judgemental and acting holier than though isn't very conducive to people discussing anything. If all you want to see here is a sports news/twitter aggregator, you can get all that in a thousand other places meant for that. Please leave us to our team forum discussions and go spend your time teaching your kids how you want them to behave.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#48 » by Dewey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm

DaKid wrote:This is like watching kids argue over if it's going to rain tomorrow. Neither of you has any special insight as to what the wolves have done in the future or why the wolves have done things in the past so why waste your time bickering about it. I can't believe "adults" have this much time to go back and forth about something so ridiculous. Let it go.

:lol: :lol:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#49 » by DaKid » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Jedzz wrote:
If that was a prerequisite for posting here there wouldn't be a single post ever.

It's a forum to talk about this team. A person like you, however, wasting your time just being judgemental and acting holier than though isn't very conducive to people discussing anything. If all you want to see here is a sports news/twitter aggregator, you can get all that in a thousand other places meant for that. Please leave us to our team forum discussions and go spend your time teaching your kids how you want them to behave.

Seriously, look at what you are bickering over and tell me that it's worth your time. And this isn't the first time you've argued with someone over something silly and petty. I realize that it's a team forum and I love the wolves but these opinionated arguments are not team discussions.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#50 » by shangrila » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 am

"Failed" seems harsh considering it got butchered halfway through.

But yeah, that chapter is done. Now Rosas has to try and both rebuild and compete. I don't envy him that job.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#51 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 am

DaKid wrote:
Seriously, look at what you are bickering over and tell me that it's worth your time. And this isn't the first time you've argued with someone over something silly and petty. I realize that it's a team forum and I love the wolves but these opinionated arguments are not team discussions.

Your posts are the only thing that aren't team discussions. Shove off.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#52 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:55 pm

shangrila wrote:"Failed" seems harsh considering it got butchered halfway through.

But yeah, that chapter is done. Now Rosas has to try and both rebuild and compete. I don't envy him that job.

The era had one season of crazy offensive gibberish. I remember the explosive first or second quarters that caused the opponent to curl into a corner and wait it out. Then just as quickly as it came it would go and seemingly the whole team's offense was a steaming pile of horse droppings every third quarter, except for Lavine. There was never a hint a defense, just the fleeting moments of high flying offense. That was the pinnacle that had everyone raving about a future to come from it.

Flip's busy 2.5 year return:

June 27, 2013: Drafted Trey Burke, Andre Roberson, Lorenzo Brown, Bojan Dubljević
- Trade Trey Burke to the Utah Jazz for Gorgui Dieng and Shabazz Muhammad.

June 27, 2013: Trade Malcolm Lee/Andre Roberson to GSW for cash and 2014 2nd

July 11, 2013: Trade Luke Ridnour/2014 2nd to Bucks for Kevin Martin and cash

July 2013: Signed Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger, Shabazz Muhammad, Ronny Turiaf

Nov. 2013: Trade Derrick Williams to Kings for Luc Mbah a Moute

April 2014: Signed Othyus Jeffers to a contract for the rest of the season

June 26, 2014: Drafted Zach LaVine, Glenn Robinson III, Markel Brown, Alessandro Gentile

June 27, 2014: Trade Markel Brown to the Brooklyn Nets for cash

July 2014: Sign Zach LaVine, Robbie Hummel. Mo Williams

August 14: Trade Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved to 76ers, Kevin Love to Cavaliers for Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, Thaddeus Young

September 2014: Sign Glenn Robinson III, Brady Heslip, Kyrylo Fesenko.

November 2014: Sign eff Adrien

December 19, 2014: Trade Ronny Turiaf to the Philadelphia 76ers; Corey Brewer to the Houston Rockets for cash, a 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd

January 2015: Sign Miroslav Raduljica/Lorenzo Brown to 10-day contracts

February 10, 2015: Trade Troy Daniels, Mo Williams and cash to Hornets for Gary Neal and a 2019 2nd (Jaylen Nowell)

February 10, 2015: Trade a 2018 FRP (Kevin Huerter) to Hawks for Adreian Payne.

February 19, 2015: Trade Thaddeus Young to Nets for KG, also signed Lorenzo Brown.

March 2015: Signed Sean Kilpatrick to 10-day contract

April 2015: Signed Arinze Onuaku

June 25, 2015:
-Drafted Karl-Anthony Towns, (Cedi Osman, Rakeem Christmas)
-Trade a 2015 2nd (Rakeem Christmas), 2015 2nd (Cedi Osman) and a 2019 2nd (Justin James) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Tyus Jones

July 7, 2015: Signed Tyus Jones, Karl-Anthony Towns to multi-year deals

July 11, 2015: Signed Kevin Garnett to multi-year (2yr for 16.5?)

July 11, 2015: Trade Chase Budinger to Pacers for Damjan Rudež

July 13, 2015: Signed Nemanja Bjelica to multi-year

August 2015: Signed Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince.

September 11, 2015: Appointed Mitchell Head Coach, Signed Kleon Penn

September 17, 2015: Signed Nick Wiggins. / (Waived October 24, 2015)

* With the trading away of Bojan Dubljević's rights this year and the later drafting of Nowell with the Hornets/Miami pick from a 2015 trade, correct me if wrong but it seems most of these transactions have been wrapped up. Players Dieng, Wiggins, Towns, and now Nowell remain from the era's transactions. So, maybe the rebuild still lives on.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves